195EL | FerrariChat

195EL

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by kerrari, Oct 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    TTR likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Using reproduction license plates from Switzerland "ZH 891" as seen on this car in 1955, four years after production by Ghia-Aigle (Swiss coachbuilder).
    Car was originally grey with ivory roof and had a dark red leather interior.
    0195 EL is in Australia since December 1984.
    Thank you for the photos.

Marcel Massini

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks for sharing. Lovely car.
    Did you had a chance to ask when it was last used "as intended" and long was that road trip ?;)

4. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    No I didn't get to speak with the owner and it didn't attend the national rally, just shown at Motorclassica. It certainly was used as intended by the previous Australian owner (former Qld FCA president Ray Helm) who rebuilt it in the 80s. An article on his restoration is in the Aussie section.

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks. As soon as I find my super humor pants, I'll just venture in to the Aussie section. Did R.H. record/share any stories of extended travels with it, in print or in Aussie section ?

6. kerrari

Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    LOL - I'll save you having to get your flame suit out! https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/interesting-old-ferraris-from-australias-past.562283/#post-145624915 Ray drives all of his cars 'as intended' and tells wonderful stories of the good old days. Some of us here would love to see his stories collected... Also, back up that page a bit is another interesting Aussie story about a 250LM.