My new 458 with carbon seats and racing package and only 68 miles! | FerrariChat

My new 458 with carbon seats and racing package and only 68 miles!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ivinsea, Oct 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ivinsea

Ivinsea Karting

Sep 7, 2016
    Southern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ivin Seabrook
    After looking for almost year, I found my perfect 458 coupe!

I insisted on carbon race seats and the carbon racing package. I preferred rosso corsa with tan, but black interior would have been fine. (It seems like black interiors were significantly more common than tan, perhaps 90/10.)

Last week a 2013 coupe with tons of carbon, cuoio interior, $323K MSRP, only 68 miles and 1 owner popped up on my autotrader search at Ferrari of Palm Beach.

I called the dealer; he said it was the nicest one in the country; negotiated a little; and signed the deal.

I wish it had red stitching and I kinda prefer a yellow tach and I wouldn't mind ditching the camera and parking sensors (seem like unnecessary complications and upset the lines of the body a little) but those are minor details.

General consensus is to buy the best car one can afford or find, and I did that.
    (Some have said to avoid low mileage garage queens which I am hoping is not an issue.)

I also would have liked to support my local dealer Algar but this car was too good to pass up.

Palm Beach is going to disconnect vacuum line for the exhaust baffle.

I will take pics when it is delivered.

I am going to drive it but not track it (I have a serious open wheel race car).

I know many have said that ordering a car exactly to one's specs is a real treat, but saving $100K on a car with 68 miles seems pretty good to me.

Here are the dealer comments and pics:

***SALE PENDING!!******WOW!!! DELIVERY MILES!!! $323K MSRP!!! LOADED ONE OWNER CAR!!!***ENTIRE CAR HAS CLEAR BRA INSTALLED!!!******FERRARI NEW POWER CPO WARRANTY THROUGH 6/29/2018******CARBON FIBER RACING PACKAGE!!! SUSPENSION LIFTER!! NAV!! SAT RADIO!! DIAMOND CUT WHEELS!! BACK UP CAMERA!! CARBON FIBER DRIVER ZONE WITH LED STEERING WHEEL, CARBON FIBER DASHBOARD, CARBON FIBER RACING SEATS, CARBON FIBER DOOR PANELS, CARBON FIBER DOOR SILLS, CARBON FIBER CENTER BRIDGE, CARBON FIBER FRONT SPOILERS, CARBON FIBER ROCKER PANELS, CARBON FIBER REAR BUMPER MOLDING, RED CALIPERS, AFS HEADLIGHTS, LEATHER REAR SHELF, LEATHER UPPER PART IN INTERIOR COLOR, SPECIAL STITCHING, LEATHER CENTRAL TUNNEL, AND MUCH MORE!!! PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL TODAY BEFORE YOU MISS THIS RARE FIND!!!***

http://www.ferraripalmbeach.com/inventory-details/2013/Ferrari/458 Italia/ZFF67NFA7D0195167

of2worlds likes this.
  2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Calling dealer now and will offer $20K above your negotiated price, great car!

JUST KIDDING, congrats and enjoy the new ride!

Idesofmarch likes this.
  3. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Nice car congrats and good luck !

4. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I don't mean to be a buzz kill, but I would advise doing a thorough inspection on the car. Ask for as many records as you can get.

68 miles should basically be in pristine brand new condition, with the only wear coming in the form of paint swirls from stupid dealers washing the cars in their inventory.
    Look for any signs that this car has sustained wear beyond a brand new vehicle.

The items that look suspicious to me:
    • From the CarFax, this car was delivered with 58 miles. This would mean that it was driven 10 miles over the course of 4.5 years. Basically, that means this car was never driven. I think museums average more mileage per year on their exhibit cars!
    • The previous owner had a full clearbra installed to the entire car, which is easily a $5000-$8000 job. No one gets a full clearbra if he plans on just leaving it in a garage and not driving it at all.
    • From the dealer pictures, the car has less than half a tank of gas left. Customarily, cars are always delivered new with a full tank. 10 miles of driving is not enough to empty half a tank of gas. It is possible since the gas would be so old, that it was siphoned out and replaced.
    • Car likely has never been serviced until it arrived at the dealer. Not a big deal at all if the mileage is true though.

However, a really positive sign is that the leather shows no wear at all on common areas such as the seat side bolsters. This alone indicates that whether the 68 miles is true or not, the mileage is almost certain to be relatively low either way.

Best of luck, and congrats on this car!

PJxxx likes this.
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Weired indeed ...

But congrats on your garage Queen !

6. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Wow, that is almost identical spec to mine which I get on the 27th oct. mine has black racing seats and no lifer but other than that the same. Will post pictures next weekend.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  7. Welford10

Welford10 Karting

Dec 26, 2013
    England
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Oh and many congratulations, stunning car!!!!! Enjoy.

8. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    Fantastic find! Congratulations

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

What a find bro , now put some miles on her. Congrats and safe travels , all the best Kirk

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Enjoy in good health!

11. Gofast430

Gofast430 Karting

Jun 2, 2013
    Overland Park, KS
    Full Name:
    Don Dearmore
    Interior is NOT Cuoio. More like tan.

12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I would immediately drive the car hundreds of miles the first few months, so that the potential problems will pop up right away. Congrats!

PhantomCypher and Brian L like this.
  13. Ivinsea

Ivinsea Karting

Sep 7, 2016
    Southern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ivin Seabrook
    Call me naïve.....do you guys really think an authorized dealer would sell a CPO car with fraudulent mileage?

I mean I am sure it has happened, but I would think it extremely unlikely.

14. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2017/02/28/former-ferrari-salesman-alleges-odometer-rollbacks/98506368/

The dealership accused in the above article is Ferrari Palm Beach, although it could just be a disgruntled employee making up accusations.

But that aside, remember that all CPO means in Ferrari world is that it comes with a "free" 1-year of New Power Warranty...the exact same warranty you can apply to any <12 year old Ferrari with an inspection. This inspection only checks for mechanical and electrical components because that's what the warranty covers (they are just making sure you won't be making a warranty claim on existing issues).

Regarding rollbacks, it's never clear who actually did it. A reputable dealership could very well get a rolled back car on trade in, consignment, or auction without them even knowing it.

Long story short, just do your due diligence. Highly recommended to inspect the car in person. I can count a couple times I would have been burned if I decided to buy a car unseen, including an authorized Ferrari dealer.

15. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    68 miles the tires should still have the mold tits on them, looking underneath it should have ZERO signs of dirt, grease, etc looking perfectly new, keys should show almost zero signs of usage, scuffing on the chrome piece, something just sounds a bit odd on this one but good luck

16. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Happy for you ... yet be very careful here, as I would be concerned that it has sat for 4 plus years.

Cars like this are more likely to have issues. Drive it all year and drive it hard.

17. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Can you confirm signs like mentionned here friend Ivensea or whatever your real name is :D ? ?

18. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If it were me, I would have the dealership do a full fluid change along with the drive belt. This is covered under the 7 year maintenance program anyway but it can't hurt to have it done. Should these fluids be bad? No, but way chance it. Also, ensure that it has the ALL books and keys with it.

Frontv12 likes this.
  19. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    WOW. That is just an amazing find. Congrats on the BRAND NEW CAR!

20. LCW

LCW Karting

Dec 29, 2016
    South Florida
    So wait... let’s see if I got this right. The previous owner lost about $100k for the privilege of driving it only 10 miles... correct?

21. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I bought my first Ferrari from Bud Root back in 2001 (Shelton Ferrari). It was a used 360 (200 mile) car. He was a great sales person!

of2worlds likes this.
  22. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary

23. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just finishing,though not quite complete till prob. Thursday this week on my 015 458 with race package purchase. I'm being quite right now so as not to jinks the orderly progression of things. Good luck with your purchase. Going to miss my 2003 Modena 360 F1 Coupe. Couldn't miss a response.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    good work now go put some miles on it!

25. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary