MCLAREN 720S OR 488 | Page 60 | FerrariChat

MCLAREN 720S OR 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by doccharlie954, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    anunakki and boobernackle like this.
  2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Completely agree.

4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    If Ferrari designed that car, no matter how fast it was or how much carbon they layered on top of it I would stop being a fan.

Also maccas are sooo advanced they still can’t afford to get proper E-diffs and have to try and simulate them with the rear brakes on an open diff?

5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I think McLarens designs keep getting better and better if they just step up their interior design it will seriously star giving Ferrari a run for it's money. They are already faster!

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    You could say the same thing about Radicals

Condor Man likes this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Hilarious :D

8. Valentino Toro

May 28, 2017
    Igor, you give us Ferraristas a bad name with your inferior knowledge of technology. Please try to refrain yourself when expressing your opinions.

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #1484 Igor Ound, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    Care to explain?

Btw it’s “Ferraristi”, not ferraristas, Mr superior knowledge...

I’m all ears...

10. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Radical is more of a race car than a road going car but thanks for you two cents. Keep the change.

11. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Would be quite interested to hear your definition of Ferraristi. I’m not immediately seeing it from your posting history?

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I just took delivery of a 991 GT3RS, mentioned on another thread. That car has less than 500hp and yet it doesn’t need more. It is as brilliant as journalists and other owners have said. For that to be true, the conclusion must be the most power does not equal the best car. If the conversation is simply about which is fastest this thread would not have dragged on - it would have been over in a page. But it wasn’t was it?

I’m not suddenly suggesting the 3RS is ‘the best car’, it isn’t. But it has its place, and offers something different, as all these cars do. The history of a marque is important I believe. It seems illogical to suggest that successes of the past matter to a product of the present but they do. You can feel the history and development in the RS, just as you can in the 488. McLaren is still new, making great products. But turning up with a car that is faster is not the whole story - it has to be more than that. To some people it is more, just not to everyone.

anunakki, stavura, Illogical and 3 others like this.
  13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    McLaren isn't new though. They've been racing for ages and the F1 is arguably the most sought after "modern" car on the planet.

Boomhauer and Afonsolaw like this.
  14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Their road car line is quite new though - excepting the F1. They don't have an engine-making history either. As they go along, referencing old F1 cars (such as Senna's famous MP4/4) as well as old road cars, doubles the effect. In time the letters 'LT' will probably become iconic, just not yet. Already they can point to the MP4/4 as inspiration for their all-carbon tub lineup and that is a feature they can rightfully lay claim to. That is only one element though, eventually there will be (and needs to be) more. The P15, if it has the F1's three front seats, will build on the theme, adding to the effect. They will reach a point, almost imperceptibly, where they can look back and suddenly find a whole heap of cross references in their history that aren't really there now.

15. Valentino Toro

May 28, 2017
    Sure Igor, I don’t mind explaining it for you more clearly.

First though, I see you are also seriously challenged with languages, not your fault I would imagine as you probably only speak English. Calling me Mr Superior Knowledge though? Thank you, but that no doubt makes you feel inferior. Please don’t feel that you are of lower standing in any way, I’m sure you are only inferior in your knowledge of automotive technology and that is not a crime, you are still ok. You ask me to explain that? My gosh, all one has to do is read any of your numerous prior posts where you delve into this subject. Regretfully they are all somewhat embarrassing to read.

Lastly, you are cordially invited to join our group of Ferraristas, please see the links attached below.

https://www.infoempresa.com/en-in/es/company/club-ferraristas-de-catalunya-sl

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/30/motor/mas_motor/1354279356.html

16. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don’t see any explanation, just a load of BS. Thanks for wasting my time and proving my point. And welcome to my long ignore list..

Good bye.

paulchua, anunakki and SoCal to az like this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
  18. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Perhaps someone should visit a Mac forum instead of the FerrariChat??????

stavura likes this.
  19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    So much rancor and vitriol when discussing exotic cars. Lets hope politics never enters into this forum.

bberg009, Boomhauer and Condor Man like this.
  20. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I agree.

The titt for tat is just embarrassing for grown adults.....

I am considering a 720s and genuine perspectives from owners of 488's is valuable to me.

Everything in life should not have to be a competition..... Just Sayin.....

May the Horse be with you....

bberg009 and SoCal to az like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Strange how so much is partisan. Getting overly emotional over a car brand is bizarre to me. We are discussing really expensive big boy toys. They exist purely for fun and pleasure. Talking about them should be part of that experience.

anunakki and Boomhauer like this.
  22. Hoagers

Hoagers Karting

Dec 4, 2016
    The snarkiness, lack of desire to contemplate others thoughts, brand bias (goggles), personal attacks, opinions based purely on protecting or defending one's belief/decision-making, etc is ALL too common on the interweb today sorry to see it becoming prevalent here on a site where I'd think based upon the lack of affordability that people here might behave in a manner just a bit better than most places. It used to be two guys could challenge each others beliefs on topics without it turning into a perceived personal attack drawing a fiery volley, we used to be able to disagree on an intellectual level based upon facts without feeling "injured or somehow offended" (SNOWFLAKE). Seems those with the least amount to offer here are the most vocal and outrageous in their attacks thankfully it is peppered with honest, valuable, and thoughtful posts every so often from people like MyToys and others who actually have driven and/or own both cars this initial post was referring to so they can give ACTUAL experience. As mentioned this thread has turned into something resembling a political rant where both sides are simply looking to attack the other on baseless claims while never considering their own stance whatsoever... really sad it's come to that versus looking at both cars objectively as both have so much to offer versus "right or wrong/black/white" closed-minded mentality. Most here should be very ashamed at their behavior, would you act like this if we all met in a bar? I hardly think so

23. mytoys

mytoys Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2015
    CA
    Full Name:
    mytoys
    Afonsolaw

The car does look nice and aggressive and futuristic from many angles. frankly I never notice the steering wheel. Now that you mentioned it, it does look very simple but I wouldn’t use “ugly” to describe it. The feel/grip of the steering wheel is quite nice. However, The steering wheel of the newer f cars are very cool!

Afonsolaw likes this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That was a funny response maybe not to you but funny any ways

Afonsolaw likes this.
  25. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I can't disagree with you here but...when it comes to taste, we all have a different opinion.

I think the 720s is pretty horrid looking. Others think its not. This is where the friction starts. It's not personal. It's just expressing a different opinion.

Zinger likes this.