Mondials For Sale | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  2. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1053 davemqv, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    BaT ex-Raiders car just sold for $32,750. I'd call that a sweet spot for both buyer and seller. Driver Source wanted high 40's for the same car last year, and for a car that needs a major service, just shy of 33 is a strong number. I'd say win/win.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
  4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am looking for a black or charcoal coupe if anyone knows of any for sale.... thank you

5. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Almost the same as it was on eBay. Yeah, for sure win/win. It was in the mid-high 20s for a while.

6. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
  7. DoubleG

DoubleG Rookie

Nov 14, 2010
    Motor City
    Hey Stephane, how are you? I'm asking if you want to buy the '83 Mondial coupe back? I put Nouvolari stainless exhaust, new slave cylinder, fully serviced, and driving only lightly since I bought it from you. Probably less than 700 miles. Too many cars. I really like it, but, losing space to store all the cars. Before I advertised, I wanted to ask you first, since that is what I promised you two years ago. Let me know. I'd like to get $35.

8. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    o_O

Stephane just bought another red Coupe ... this one is special, it was his birthday gift from his wife, and he says it's for keeps ...

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I do have a coupe already, not selling it either. You should have no problem selling the QV, that car is stunning as well. Good luck and thanks for that opportunity.

10. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  11. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    That's a good looking car! I came close to buying it in 2015, but couldn't work out the scheduling to see it before it sold.

Be sure to pay attention to the rust on the rear panel just under the trunk latch (shown in one of the pictures). I haven't seen a Mondial rust there before and that would alarm me a bit.

2cam

12. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Just saw this in the Dealer Classified's on this site:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1991-ferrari-mondial.561624/

Summer's over and I think things are starting to drop.

A T Cab for 30k with only 15,xxx miles.

IF the car needs nothing more than a standard service this is a great deal, now. In a year it will either be looked at as a steal or an early sign of things to come.

paulchua likes this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The price seems very low, I suspect soemthing has not been disclosed...if not, agreed but it now!!!

14. Surge74

Surge74 Rookie

Jul 6, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Surge
    I've seen a couple of "low mile" advertised Mondials in the last two days which are clearly a mistake. Take a look at this one: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/253211486751?ul_noapp=true
    Claimed 11,000 miles...
    But look at the seats!
    Clearly, unless someone sat in it for years without driving it, these are not the seats of an 11,000 mile car!
    I suppose you cannot trust the odometer.

The price is also "interesting"... but I'm all for the values going up. Although it's maybe worth half the asking price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

paulchua likes this.
  15. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    I think they look like seats in a 32 year old car.

paulchua likes this.
  16. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
    Well that '85 QV Cab in Canada seems quite clear regarding the mileage: "Approximately 11K possibly original miles". lol I thought the price was in Canadian dollars but no it's US.

paulchua likes this.
  17. Surge74

Surge74 Rookie

Jul 6, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Surge
    What do you feel is the current market price of a T coupe, in mint condition? Manual transmission, recent major service, and no issues at all. Perfect interior, near perfect paint...

I think $50K max based on research; but I haven’t been looking long. Hagertys says high $40s/low 50s

18. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    There have only been 4 public sales of T Coupes in the U.S. that I can recall in the past 2 years. Only one of them sold for more than $40K.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1989-ferrari-mondial/

2cam

Surge74 likes this.
  19. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    There was a compromised red T coupe in Oregon that sold on ebay about 2 years ago .. maybe 3 ... I think it just made $40 with ABS and sticky problems and needed a major. The header tank was rusty and there were metal particles in the oil. Whoever bought that got hosed.

20. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    The t coupe in Oregon sold at 35-37k, definitely under 40k. I think it was also re-listed a couple times on eBay before selling with a lower reserve/BIN #. You may remember Russ we met at the seller's residence (to see the car).

Temple

21. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    2 t-coupes have sold on BAT in the past year 1-2 yrs. Tman's coupe out of Co., that went to a f-chatter who contributes here, and the one in the link provided by 2cam that went for 45k. Previous to that it "sat" with Marshall Goldman for several months at 55-60k. I personally know of another t coupe that sold north of 40k, also to another present f-chatter, out of Mass. that currently resides in NJ.

22. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Stephan recently sold one of the four that I mentioned for $33K -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ferrari-Mondial-/352152294311?hash=item51fde993a7:g:kE0AAOSwDthZoyom&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=vIiliIC6bLF6BnnZ2VeHH9%2F4Us8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 .

It had a fresh service and a few issues that needed sorting. The car had previously been in Houston with a long term owner. It sold for right around $30K and went to a friend of Stephan's in Vegas. I believe that Stephan was selling the car on that person's behalf...

2cam

23. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    Sure Temple, I recall clearly meeting you and talking with you via email after the fact. Did you buy a Mondial?