Maserati Khamsin | Page 284 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Not sure if it is British, but it is at about 33:10, licence plate "A1 MA 93"

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks definitely looks like an English number but it is not in my Uk car records (with data from Andy Heywood) so an unknown.

By the way does anyone have a listing of attendees? Bob Staatsof? Weren't you there then? Also if anyone any issue of VCM or from other national Maser clubs with their article covering the event scans would be very much appreciated as well as any emtrant list. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Marc

3. Astonish78

Astonish78 Karting

Sep 11, 2014
    Hello Marc and all other Khamsin friends,

to me it looks like the old german plates.

A (for Augsburg), then comes a minus sign above with a AU (Abgasuntersuchung) Emission control plaque and below with the seal of the county, in this case it would be Bavaria. After that MA 93.

But that's just what my eyes see. Perhaps I am wrong.

Also note that it will not be a right-hand drive vehicle since the outside mirror is on the left-hand drive door.

For example, here is a old German plate :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best regards

Zdenek

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Mister Z, welcome and bravo,

your coffee is definitely better than mine I was so obsessed with trying to look for the driver through the very much opaque windshield that I never thought of looking at the outside mirror(s) and yes you are right left hand drive...so this one won't be easy to identify, will do a search for the number plate in my records, doubt it is there unless -since it is a German car- deep in the files Walter Baumer gave me 9 years ago.

Let's get started on identifying the cars in the video. The Swedish silver car of US type that can be seen in AM120US1134 which for some reason never went to the US, was then supposed to head to Spain so was fitted with Euro speedo...but no, itwas again reassigned and went to Sweden where it was delivered to first owner Yngve Landergårdh, of Stockholm via Auto service AB of Solna. It was silver featured in an article in Automobil the mian Swedish monthly. It was later repainted white and sold off to Germany. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
  6. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    No I think you're right!

7. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login The two swiss cars are
    - AM120 390 (red car with registration BE 217 572)
    - AM120 396 (blue car with registration SO 11 510) driven by Peter & Wilma Kräuchi
    the blue german car is
    - AM120 346 (registration A MA 93H) driven by Gerhard Arlt
    the black austrian car is
    - AM120 ??? (registration W 111 2) probably driven by Walter Watzak, then president of Maserati Club Austria
    car was later repainted in Blue
    - the golden car is am mystery, Looks like a UK plate, but LHD

Best regards
    Roger

8. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Sorry for the rotten layout
    will try harder next time

Best regards
    Roger

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Bravo Roger well done.

The Gerhard Arlt German car (which came to Khamsin Quaranta) is actually black. The Austrian black one..I wonder if it is 096 which is now dark blue.

The layout is not your fault everybody is annoyed at the new Fchat version [but let's stay on topic]. The gold left hand drive car is very intriguing and I will go through my files to see what I can find.

I agree that it looks like a UK plate. As discussed here previously there have been several LHD K's registered in the UK by people who lived there but traveled a lot on the continent where that was more practical.

Best regards,

Marc

10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Yes the gold car really looks like 406 the David Pardo car but the problem is it has hardly been driven at all. From new in 1981 it went to him then was sold in 2002 to E. H. in Germany north of Stuttgart with less than 400kms and in photos shared by the current owner a few years ago it shed only 1200kms. Here some photos of 406. Re the English tag he was supposedly living in Luxemburg but may have had a place in London. So still not sure it is this one but possible.

Best regards,

Marc

11. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

Well I was there for that one Marc. You can spot my wife and I exiting the tram @ 44 seconds in. I'll have a look later when I have more time. I shot hours of video at this one too including a long one in the factory. The Arrival at Cortina was in a violent thunderstorm so all the cars (including some rare open race cars) and people got very wet that day. The QPIV was introduced there.

I show up @ 3:37 once again. Much younger of course! :)

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks Bob,
    Lucky you for attending one of the best ever events:) You have talked of uploading those videos in the past, that would be great, hint hint;-) Yes the commentator mentions that some road portions got cancelled due to weather concerns. If you have a participants list that would be great, thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards,

Marc

13. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob

I have to get some video editing software and learn how to use it!

Here are a few teaser shots of the "Bhamsin" :eek:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks and good luck with the software learning process....
    Bizarre contraption: artistic attempt or did he break his Bora rear glass and not want to pay for a replacement rear lid, therefore creating this home made one? Engine must get pretty hot in there with no ventilation visible. Not a Khamsin anyway.

Best regards,

Marc

15. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
  16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello all,

Still working on identifying that gold tan left hand drive UK registered K shown in post 7002 which took part in the 80th anniversary in 1994. And yes it has just one outside mirror whereas 406 which I posted photos of has 2 but that can be changed as time passes.
    If anybody has issue 67 of VIale Ciro Menotti it has four pages on the event so maybe a clue in there? Thanks in advance for looking.

http://www.maseratinet.com//pc-9963-832-vcm-back-issue-67.aspx

Adolfo Orsi may still have the event program he is kindly looking for it.

I also need to talk to a couple people in Austria about that other car, maybe 096 maybe not.

In the meantime I finally got to see today a photo of a quite humourous addition to Khamsin 385 years ago: a full on rear wing...in mahogany! This has long since been removed and the car is now in Norway with a friend, it will be restored in coming years but without the barndoor at rear:)
    It still has the cheap sunroof but that will be deleted as well.

Best regards,

Marc Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Could the gold car in post 7082 be the Manro Classic car, and the registration from Austria (VI = Villach), like this one: http://d.pcnews.at/ins/pcn/093/000400/main-Dateien/image009.jpg

18. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC,

Brilliant thanks! You are very close to a bullseye it is I believe one of the two Austrian gold tan cars but not 256 the Manro Classic car (which has two outside mirrors) but the personal car of Austrian dealer Bruno de Cillia from...Villach. I had lunch with him in Modena 3 years ago so I just emailed him to ask about it and also asked him about the blue car from his country in the meeting. Will let you know when I hear from him. Here the Manro car, 256 which I saw in the Manro museum above salzburg a couple of years ago, a bit rusty, and the de Cillia car 242 which I gather is in as new condition. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best regards,

Marc

19. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  20. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello all,

Well I am lost trying to identify this one photographed in Uccle (Ukkel in Flemish) a wealthy suburb of Brussels this past spring. Copyright Autogespot. Quite handsome in this color. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I thought for a moment it was 156 repainted but the seats are different so almost certainly not it. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks in advance, see link below.

Marc

https://www.autogespot.com/maserati-khamsin/2016/04/29

21. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
    Hello Marc,

Yes I had seen these pictures, spring 2016.
    Isn't this #358?

22. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC,

Yes of course, 358, duh, thanks, I even drove it a few years ago...and used to see it in Paris over 30 years ago....will post photos later on.

Best regards,

Marc

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello AMLC, all,

Bruno de Cilla just called from Padova where he is for the show and confirmed to me that it is him in the 1994 International meet as shown recent posts with his gold (or Longchamps Khamsin AM120-242. See posts 7082 and 7093. Will figure out with him next week the chassis number of the last car to identify from that event, the blue car in the snow in post 7082, also Austrian.
    MS

24. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Yes it is #210, sad to find out it is with some dealer no one has ever heard of, I was hoping that after the Bonhams Quail Lodge auction of last August it would have found a good home, as was the case for the other K in that auction, I mean how often does a very fine Euro spec Khamsin come up for sale in the US...never!...I guess no one stateside was aware enough to pounce....

Oh well, it will no doubt be bought be someone here in Europe...

Best regards,

Marc