Casa Ferrari- A very special handover | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Casa Ferrari- A very special handover

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Traveller, Mar 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Oui - he's also posted it

2. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Not around the public sections of F-chat at least, has he? We have been paying attention and no name was disclosed yet. I had the impression he finally didn't want to post it here. Not sure why!!?? Tim, will you tell us in the end?

3. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

Yes it's been posted on here or the TDF thread......try searching for it......

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There was some back and forth here for the best name to describe his paint choice. It is actually a variation on an old color and not something new.
    The general consensus was 'blu traveller' as a fitting name. However several people asked Tim to confirm what Ferrari had called the paint color. He remained mostly silent on the topic only saying he wasn't near his tdF at the time and Ferrari wasn't sure what they had sent him!

5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    #405 of2worlds, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    -CD- likes this.
  6. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013

My bad then - someone must have told me verbally - I honestly thought it was somewhere on the forum- best to do is ask the gent to confirm - clearly I misread/heard.... apols gents

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I know a number of Fchatters have assumed I was 'speaking with forked tongue' when I said I did not know what the reference for my paint colour was. Garretto specifically asked me to check and so I finally decided for the first time to bother to look a) under the bonnet (hood) and b) check the build plate in the boot (trunk) to note how it is referred.

Unfortunately I did not find Blu Traveller. However, what I did find was even better, and that is that my family name has been immortalised in Ferraris history jointing the likes of Ian Coburn with his grey. As a kid and Ferrari Freak since the summer of 1967, I suppose this coincidentally neatly represents my 50th anniversary celebration and I owe Gareth a big thank you for making me look. I am beyond excited as I was not expecting this.

As a reminder of this mercurial colour that changes markedly in different light, attached is a photo of the old fuel filler which gets replaced with my newly arrived titanium indulgence next week.

Makuono, stavura, C50 and 14 others like this.
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Congrats. having a ferrari color named after you is quite an achievement in a tifosi life

Your first ferrari in 1967 ? goddam you lived the swinging sixties in a ferrari. I need a DeLorean I want to do the same . How old were you ?

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  9. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Tim, thanks a lot for posting this and big congrats to this great detail! :)

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Unfortunately I was a very young kid at the time, just old enough for the sound of Webbers, timing chains and a V12 belonging to a friends father to connect with my pleasure synapses, but just missed being old enough to enjoy the 60's but trust me, it's been an amazing ride so far.

11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    OK , I told myself you coudn't be that old... I'll have my own grigio one day too. It will be nasty.

12. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tim what a fantastic revelation these are the surprises I really like in FChat. For someone who loves and understands Ferraris as you do, I can bet it's much more gratifying to be immortalized with a Ferrari paint color with your family surname than having your name put on a London street or building.

Makuono, Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  13. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Congratulations.Really cool.Blu Traveller would have been nice but for our generation I think the family surname rather than a social media handle seems much more meaningful.More in keeping with the traditional nature of the car's spec as well.

R J, JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  14. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Tim that is a wonderful 'find' you have made with your tdF! For the next 'family' project something interesting in Grigio would have a nice ring to it...

15. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You know Mario, you are so right. My business is property but given the choice, to have an official Ferrari paint named after me or a building is simply a no brainer. The fact no one asked me and I wasn't expecting it is even better.

Sad, but in my eyes, simply one of the coolest things possible.

R J, Makuono, furoni and 5 others like this.
  16. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    +12

17. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm not sure where one can go with any more greys, but there will no doubt be advances in paint to permit a five layer or something extreme when the day comes.

You had better change my colour on your owners thread now it is revealed.

F12KID and of2worlds like this.
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I have a precise idea of my grey... and 5 layer why not !

Register updated

19. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    It looks great Tim, and named after your family, wow.
    Will your 812 be the same colour?

of2worlds likes this.
  20. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Amazing, congrats !

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    What a spectacular honor for such an esteemed Ferrarista! It could not go to a more deserving person. Well done Tim and also Ferrari for such a wonderful realization of your dream. Think about it Tim, Mr. Enzo Ferrari famously stated "if you can dream it, you can do it" and something years ago reached out and inspired you to become a life long Ferrarista, to join in his dream and also to realize yours. And this has landed you here, with what I consider to be one of the most spectacular F12tdfs. And now this honor. Bravo to you and Ferrari!

JagShergill, Makuono, F12KID and 3 others like this.
  22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    The collection experience, the car, the color, and the color name are all 100% outstanding. Just read this thread start-to-finish, and very glad that I did! Congrats Tim! Thank you for sharing....

F12KID, of2worlds and LVP488 like this.
  23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Very tempted, but with a Beige T or cuoio interior. I mean how can you not order your car in your own colour?

24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Tim - am sure you are aware that both Coburn colours red and silver are available now and re-named. It seems their policy is to put that name on the “original” which in itself is very cool but not copy cats.

of2worlds likes this.
  25. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments, very much appreciated. Half the fun of ownership of this extraordinary historic marque is the ability to share your experiences with other like minded enthusiasts and that is one of the great gifts of this forum. To then be rewarded by genuinely enthusiastic comments is hugely gratifying.

For me, maybe a once in a lifetime experience, limited edition car, Casa Ferrari, family paint, more than I could ever have dreamt of as a kid but as Caeruleus quotes Enzo, "if you can dream it you can do it", and so it has proved. Can it really get any better? I simply could not have asked for more, the paint being a huge cherry on an already unbeatable cake.

Final image of the build plate

R J, italiafan, halr75 and 8 others like this.