Upcoming event Art Center Classic Oct. 22, 2017 | FerrariChat

Upcoming event Art Center Classic Oct. 22, 2017

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by bitzman, Oct 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Art Center College is an expensive private college almost straight up from the Rose Bowl (you have to GPS this one...) that trains about 40% of the world's car designers. Each year they have a show and it's not like any other concours. If you go to their website they have the entrants justify the significance of their cars so there's some real oddballs. But to me part of the great thing about this concours is the guest speakers and those involved, unfortunately hard to find them sometimes if they are not wearing a nametag. And the cool thing is that you can walk through the school and see kids creating car designs right there during the show (I often go in and tell them a tailfin would look good right there....) Don't bother taking your nifty car to the show, they have spectators park down in the Rose Bowl and take shuttles. There's food in the regular cafeteria the students dine in and a great bookstore for car design stuff. I personally want to catch up with Jason Castriota and show him the picture of his Pininfarina built Hyperion Rolls two seater that some guy on the internet used Photoshop to change the design, to see what Jason says Here's a list of the luminaries who will be there,
    Here's a list of the luminaries who will be there,
    EMCEES
    Ed Justice Jr., President and CEO, Justice Brothers, Inc. and co-host, Motor Trend Radio
    Dave Kunz, Automotive Reporter, KABC-TV Channel 7 Los Angeles
    Barry J. Meguiar, President and CEO, Meguiar’s, Inc. and host, Car Crazy Radio

Guest Speakers
    Jason Castriota
    Miguel Galluzzi (BS 86)
    Sasha Selipanov

JUDGES (2016)
    Kevin Beard (BS 92)
    Dennis Campbell
    Marek Djordjevic (BS 91)
    Fireball Tim (BS 89)
    Miguel Galluzzi (BS 86)
    Jason Hill (BS 90)
    Derek Jenkins (BS 93)
    Tisha Johnson (BS 99)
    Dennis Little (BS 68)
    Dave Marek (BS 87)
    Jordan Meadows
    Jae Min (BS 94)
    Chuck Pelly (BS 58)
    Richard Pietruska (BS 70)
    Rich Plavetich
    Christopher Rhoades (BS 86)
    Lucian Rosca (BS 89)
    John Sahs (BS 92)
    Frank Saucedo (BS 84)
    Freeman Thomas (BS 83)
    Franz von Holzhausen (BS 92)
    Jonathan Ward
    Geoff Wardle
    Jose Wyzsogrod (BS 96)

2. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
    speaking of oddballs I just heard this morning that they have accepted my big bumper 75 Dino 308GT4 for this years show. Ive never been but I always liked how they park the cars around the campus on the grass areas rather than in a parking lot. Im looking forward to meeting some fellow Fchatters there!

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Be sure to bring wooden wheel chocks, as some of the cars are parked on hills quite precariously. But what can they do, it's still better than in the asphalt parking lot. We will see if the august designers finally throw the GT4 a bone for not being a bad design (I think it was the taillights that offended the purists...)

4. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    Thanks to the original poster for bring up the event.

I'm a recent Ferrari car owner and have only attended a Westlake Car / Coffee leaving from Whole Foods with my 456M. Enjoyed the event and love the car. I look forward to future events.... That being said I have also had an "Italian F" car accepted to the show although not my Ferrari...

Hope to make the acquaintance of other members of this board at the event ....

Best ... Mark

5. SPDADCT

SPDADCT Karting

Oct 28, 2009
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Car Classic Information PDF

Attached Files: