Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Damn so cheap! Love that website!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  3. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    I am looking at a European 456 M GT for sale in Germany from a private seller.. Does anyone know for sure if the later cars, this one is a 2003, complied with US requirements?

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    #554 tazandjan, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    No, they do not. Cost to ship, pay customs, convert to US specs likely around $20K.

5. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Asking price seems way low even at that mileage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed! Something doesn't add up or its a great deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Well if I can get my ducks in a row here, that green car will be mine hopefully. Of course, I need a second 456 like a hole in the head but I love the color and of course, the gearbox doesn't hurt either ;)

I've spoken to the seller. He's repping it for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Second 456? Then you know all the right questions to ask: last major service, status of A/C, window gaps, etc. GOOD LUCK and hopefully you'll snag a bargain!

9. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
  10. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yep, already ascertained that intel. I'll probably wind up selling my '99 as I prefer the aesthetics of the early cars myself, just that when I bought mine, there were no pre-Ms to my liking.

11. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Just heard the green car sold yesterday. :(

12. carguy246

carguy246 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2006
    Maryland
    Sorry you weren't able to get it, but I'm not surprised it sold so quickly.

13. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'm not surprised either. I should have given them $1K to hold the car for the week I needed to get the cash ready. Oh well, is what it is. At least I've already got one 456 so the pain isn't that unbearable ;)

14. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I know the owner of my 1999 Daytona Black metallic / green interior 456M GT which was quite badly damaged after I sold it. It is a manual car with around 100.000kms. For sale at 35.000 euro. Located in Norway. If anyone is interested. It had the front of a pre-M car as it was involved in an accident in the past.

15. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Is it drivable?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Don't despair: a gorgeous 456GT 6-speed just popped up in FChat's classifieds (owned and cared for by a long-time FChat member - a true gentleman based on my few off-line conversations with him). It's make you forget all about the Silverstone Green car.

17. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Yeah, except at a $25K premium over the green one. Not to mention, I prefer green. No big deal, it'll allow me to focus on sorting out some stuff on my '99 over the winter and then can decide what I want to do with it come spring. If the right deal on a pre-M manual comes along, I'll jump on it, but I'm probably in the minority who prefers green. Preferably Verde Mugello and for that, I may have to wait and import one from Europe.

18. johnglobaljet

johnglobaljet Karting

Dec 31, 2014
    KS
    Full Name:
    John
    The Verde Silverstone 456GT at California Cars didn't last long. I think it was a good deal. I wonder if it went for the price listed on the website? ($59,900). Mine has 42K miles, which is 10K more than that one...but I'm not ready to part with it at $60K. At these prices, I don't worry so much and can enjoy driving it often. Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M likes this.
  19. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Guarantee it was the price that sold that car so quickly. Soon as I saw it hit the market I knew I had to try and act fast to nail it down. Seeing as how I've already got one 456, I wasn't planning on buying a second one but $60K, unless that car had some major issues, was an absolute steal. Unfortunately, as I had to make some moves to get the cash free, someone beat me to the punch before I could make it happen. That car lasted two days on the market.

There's still the Blu Chiaro '95 on eBay for $62,500 but the guys selling it are total jack offs so it's no surprise it has had a birthday in their inventory. And anyways, it needs cosmetics and a major service according to their write up (which hasn't changed in months and months of listing the car) and photographs which show various areas of paint chipping etc..

20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Price point: The Silverstone manual 456 (not M) with 40k km sold for 70k euros at the Bonhams sale in Knokke, Belgium this month. Looked like a nice car from the pix.

21. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I have consigned my '95 456GT with Scuderia Rampante in Colorado.

Verde Mugello.

22. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Oh lord. Well, depending on what you're asking for it, you might just have a taker. I see it hasn't hit their website yet. Have you any photos you can share? Other info?

Aaron

23. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I will post details after I silver subscribe: don't know how to do that (sent email to admin); fair's fair, I should have subscribed before posting about it, mea culpa.

24. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Understood. Send me a message with details once you've subscribed if you wouldn't mind...

25. Mr. V

Mr. V Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    #575 Mr. V, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    OK, upgraded to silver.

I consigned the car to SRI because Dave H. and crew are quite familiar with it; I bought it from a seller in Portland about seven years ago.

It arrived with Tubis, which I kept on (nice rumble).

It was basically sound but as with many exotics had some deferred maintenance issues

I sent it to SRI to be sorted out; while there they went through and updated everything that needed attention, including: installation of complete gold pin connector kit, custom built new fuse box and SRI hoses.

Dave used it as a mule for at least one new part / application.

Car has 35K miles and is mechanically sound; no leaks, no smoke (valve guides seem fine), full power, HVAC works fine as do all switches and functions.

New radiator installed shortly before I purchased it.

I installed new tires a couple years ago, and also rebuilt the electronics in the stereo and reconed the subwoofers in the doors.

Upholstery is very nice, no tears, chafing or wear marks.

I've used non-ethanol gas when available, it runs well, is about due for a major which SRI would happily do for the new purchaser.

No sticky issues.

Some leather shrinkage issues on the dash which have been addressed in part; to me it was a minor issue and not worth throwing money at, but YMMV.

Verde Mugello.

SRI suggests an asking price of $82K, but as with most things the price is "negotiable."