'65 Jaguar S1 E-Type parts feeler | FerrariChat

'65 Jaguar S1 E-Type parts feeler

Discussion in 'British' started by krazykarguy, Oct 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Hi all -

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but my dad has stockpiled a fair amount of salvageable parts from his '65 E-Type restoration. He has elected to replace most of the componentry in the car with new or reproduction parts - and therefore has a lot of leftover bits.

I am not exactly sure of what he's got (mostly mechanical/trim pieces, wheels, etc., I'd assume) but he has tasked me with seeing where I could reach out and move these parts for him.

So, if any of you are restoring a later S1 car, please contact me with your needs, I will see if my dad has one to sell.

I'd also appreciate it if you knew of anyone in a restoration of one of these cars to put them in touch with me.

If there is enough interest, I may create a storefront in the 'other parts and accessories' section. is there a forum for early Jags that any of you frequent that could be helpful?

Oh, and for those that are curious about the car, you can find a full gallery of restoration pictures here:
    http://www.xkedata.com/cars/detail/?car=1E31060

2. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Does he have a bonnet or specifically the passenger side front bonnet piece?

I need some bits - as well, do you have a list of items?

3. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I don't believe that there are any body panels that we have for sale. The bonnet he used was the original one to the car, so I can confirm that we do not have one for sale.

I will try to gather a parts list, in the meantime, could you let me know what you are needing?

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'll think through it - I need the rear license plate light lamp lens, and I think one of the rear light lenses (it's cracked). You have visors?

5. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Kraze:

You should organize and photograph your stash...you don’t have to photograph each individual part but try to gather then in related groups (electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, trim, etc.). You can’t sell what you don’t know you have (if that makes sense). Then post a ‘for sale’ listing on www.forum.etypeuk.com. The Brits often prefer old original parts to new reproduction parts. And, yes, many Americans, like myself, also frequent this site.

Don’t throw anything away...every hose clamp, bracket or chrome piece is worth something to someone.

6. krazykarguy

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Thanks for the advice. We realized the importance of every nut/bolt/screw/clamp, so everything was saved except the unsalvageable wiring harness (oil soaked, rodent chewed, disintegrating), and the interior (replaced 100% with new). Those pieces that were saved, but unused for the restoration went into bins years ago.

I have my father gathering a list currently (he's busy with late fall/early winter activities at the moment). I only wanted to gauge if there was interest with this thread. It seems as though there is some here, but I agree - an E-Type forum might be just the ticket. I'll wander over there and get something going.

7. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY