The official Ferrari "Wait 'til next year" thread! | FerrariChat

The official Ferrari "Wait 'til next year" thread!

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Oct 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    So, let's assemble our thoughts on how the Scuderia Ferrari will fare next season under the new rules. Will they thrive or simply get by? Will Marchionne fire Arrivabene? The only sure thing is the cars will still be red!

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not much will change. Phillip Morris will demand arrivebene stays, and binotto will be safe too.

Engine regs the same, but less parts can be changed, so status quo I’m afraid on the racing front unless we can crack the reliability issue (without testing) and find aero solutions

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tifoso2728 likes this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    We should make this thread sticky

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Automatic revive every year.

NürScud, jgonzalesm6, VPX and 5 others like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 and a reduction of the number of PU's as well I think. Both Mercedes and Ferrari will be able to refine but not completely change all things. I think it will be close again and, per the normal the focus on details will be the edge. Also the drivers of course. Ferrari need Vettel to simply not mistakes a rookie makes not a 4 time WDC. Control his temper and drive to win in a strategic manner when required.

VPX likes this.
  6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I wish that would make the difference, but it won't mate.... Mercedes car is so strong, we have to make a half-second a lap stride To be as quick as that car, and without proper testing, we'd exposed reliability wise to do something like that, which means more speed gives us potentially more DNFs, or at least, more grid penalties, which will cost us results.

7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    You want 1/2 sec a lap? Simples, just put Hamilton in the car :)

Blackmamba likes this.
  8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't think Lewis is any faster than Vettel....Vettel's qualy lap was mega, and so was his start, and those things gave us false hope about what the Ferrari might achieve in the race.

You may recall that at RBR Vettel always seemed to be able to pull a lap time out of nowhere at qualy time...he can still do it now. So can Alonso, for that matter....but I think Vettel and Hamilton are on a par there.

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hi Mr Troll, you have the wrong number, please try again later....

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Agree, .5sec won't be any easy, I think we are ok in many tracks but in some Elton can easily pull thata dvantage and weknow he's not as fast as SEb, so the diference is probably sightly bigger...

daytona355 likes this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If Ferrari wants to lead the field consistently they should think about supplying the safety car ;)

VPX, dflett and Aircon like this.
  12. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    LOL!

Sadly, that is another aspect Mercedes-Benz leads as well.

BHW

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

A Ferrari 812 Superfast SC could curb Lewis' rantings of "The Safety Car Is Too Slow".

daytona355 likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Totally, drove one today, **** me it’s a fast car. I thought the F12 was quick, it’s like a milk float compared to the 812 at full chat

By the way guys, if you are looking at mid-size SUVs, check out he petrol Levante S. Very very nice SUV, and gives you a lot of confidence to drive way quicker than you imagine, and powered by a Ferrari engine!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Vettel is no match for the top tier gys like Ricciardo, Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen. That car would have won more poles and especially races with any one of those guys in it. Vettel underwhelmed so much this season I have dropped him a notch in my Top 5 to 5th from 3rd.

16. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Vettel is no match for Hamilton. He was embarassing in the US GP, could barely match Kimi in race pace and required team orders to finish 2nd. Sad!

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Did you actually watch the race? Vettel was miles ahead of Kimi when they decided to do a second pit stop in case there might be a safety car...he needed no team order because he was much faster at the time but certainly Ferrari staged the switch...why should they waste time when Max is coming from the back. Then Vettel tried to give Kimi a drag as very well reported by all parties involved...so even with an additional stop (costs almost 20 sec) he was still in front of Kimi...if you call this barely match I don´t understand you...

NEP and daytona355 like this.
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, he has 4 championships, the same as elton will have this year, but since he won them with a dominating car, as has elton, then that makes him just as good as elton. If you had Schumacher or Alonso in a competitive car, they'd smash the hell out of both of them every weekend

Elton is merely a fast driver in the best car on the grid by a mile, nothing more. Take the blinkers off, because the world isn't how you see it. That's why ferrari won't consider hiring elton, because he isn't the best out there, vettel is the most capable number one, and they've tried Alonso, and we couldn't produce a car capable of taking the fight consistently first to red bull, and then Mercedes. The next number one they want to hire is Danny Ric, and we already know from Elton's own mouth that ferrari hadn't even approached him, let alone discussed any potential terms with him. If you are a 'great' formula one driver, at some point, ferrari come knocking wanting you in their team, the greatest team in formula one..... if you are just fast, they would only want you as a number two backup driver, hence Kimi after his first retirement who can hold his own if the car doesn't fail.

Elton though is damaged goods, no intelligence (the guy is as thick as two short planks) and an extremely weak psyche, with a propensity to throw the team under the bus when things go wrong, yet take all the credit if it goes right, anyone with brains can see why ferrari wouldn't want someone like that within the team, they have enough pressure from the Italian press and Fiat outside the team without having it at the centre too

crinoid and Beau365 like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    That's a weird view of the race, did you watch it on scan and miss the majority of it then?

20. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Both Bottas and Raikkonen were closing in on Vettel before Vettel made his 2nd stop. Kimi was clearly being held up by Valtteri....

21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Barely, vettel and elton were both pacing themselves to the end of the race, aiming for 'plan A', a one stop race, ferrari were forced to cover off Max when his times were two seconds a lap quicker, knowing they may need to defend against Maxine at the end on spent tyres, while elton was further up the road and took the chance (and he himself questioned the decision to stay on his tyres with the team, as all cars behind him were catching him quiete quickly for a period after changing tyres

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Must be something in the air...cause since yesterday the number of nonsense posted by group 44 as just skyrocketed!

dflett and daytona355 like this.
  23. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    It's going to get worse before it gets better.

daytona355 likes this.
  24. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    Next year ? As soon as that ? Renault performance will probably be up next year too.

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No it won't