328 GTB Winter Storage | Page 2 | FerrariChat

328 GTB Winter Storage

Discussion in '308/328' started by Rossocorsa1, Oct 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I use fuel stabilizer, but here is a catch I have thought about. You pour it in, run the car a bit to get it to the fuel injectors and engine, then store it. The fuel stabilizer really only works in the one tank on the left during storage. It doesn't get up into the right tank fuel. It certainly helps start the car in the spring, but until that right tank is empty, it has untreated gas. My car sits for up to 7 months, and starts fine just leaving it alone. The fuel stabilizer helps the fuel system, but only half the gas, so I try to go through all the gas early on, and fill it as soon as I can in the spring with fresh gas. No ethanol up here, by the way.

2. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    That's why I add in the stabilizer to a near empty tank and then fill up before storage. It will be equally distributed that way. I literally dump it in at the pump before fueling

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Diffusion. The stabilizer will diffuse into the other tank over time even if you add it after you fill the tanks.

4. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    As Nerofer mentioned, I have owned my 328 since '08 and have never used a batt tender/charger for winter storage of my '89 328. I disconnect the main Neg terminal at the quick-connect. After 6 months of storage (Stabil in gas tank and a 20 mile run prior to storage) I reconnect the batt and the car starts instantly - literally as if it had been driven the day before. Car sits in an unheated self-storage garage on Kent Island, MD.

5. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Add the stabilizer to an empty tank and let diffusion work, too. Thank you both for the hints.

6. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Regarding fuel stabilizer - is there a specific brand anyone would recommend?

7. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    STA-BIL

8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  9. Sigmacars

Sigmacars Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Toronto
    I keep the tender on otherwise I loose ally the memory from my radio and it is a pain to reprogram every spring.

10. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If on the he tender, no need to disconnect the battery.