Goldfinger | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Goldfinger

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by stekkefun4, Jun 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    OK, so I just finished wiring the LH door and attaching & testing all electrics. I opened up the window cable assembly and removed all hardened grease, THE issue causing windows to slowly move up and down. Therefor, I fixed the cables on the pulleys and just removed the motor so that my cables are not messed up. I also mounted the rear view mirror and everything went smoothly !!!

QUESTION: does anyone know where the brown cable with the O-ring has to be attached? I assume it's a ground cable, but not sure.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jeka likes this.
  2. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    OK, the brown one is the ground for the rear view mirrors.

3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    In the meantime, I'm learning some things on the history of the car. A strange thing is that it went in production in June 1981 and was only finished in June 1982 ! That means that this is a car that was produced when the upgrade from M8 to MQV was happening. That makes sense, because there are a number of parts that more relate to M8 like the cardboard ceiling and the door panels. I have sent a number of extra question to FMA in Antwerp and hope to learn more on the interior, first owner and such, but I feel that this is going to cost me some money ...

Freerange72 likes this.
  4. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    The doors are almost finished. Window motors re-installed and working well, the last thing to do is to make the central locking work. If that's ok, then I can start doing the interior.
    But I gave myself some days off to visit Modena, Maranello and Bologna with my eldest daughter first :)

5. Jeka

Jeka Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2010
    Rotterdam
    Full Name:
    Johan
    Enjoy the visit! :)

Freerange72 likes this.
  6. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  7. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Freerange72 likes this.
  8. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Busy with the interior today: placed all the vinyl parts in the rear and rear seats and fixed the passenger's seat too. Then, I fastened the handbrake a bit better and did some smaller stuff. Car is ready for about 90% now. Next things: finishing the inner door panels and central locking system. After that: replacing the window and door rubbers and fixing the sunvisors.

paulchua likes this.
  9. Crowndog

Crowndog F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 16, 2011
    Fairfield,Pa
    Full Name:
    Robert
    In regards to powder coating the wheels. Don’t do it as it makes the lettering forged in the wheels blurred out.

paulchua likes this.
  10. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    They have been powder coated, but these TRX wheels did not have lettering on them originally, but a good point of attention though!

paulchua likes this.
  11. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Worked all day long on the door locks. At the end of the day, I concluded my work with refitting the inner door panels. LOOKS GREAT !

It's not my mission to make it a new car, after all, the car is 35 years old, so some wear on the interior panels is OK. And finally, I was able to make everything work again, quite an accomplishment.

Some pics of the interior will follow.

Freerange72, Jeka and Pero like this.
  12. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Freerange72 likes this.
  13. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Keep it coming
    This is absolutely one of the best threads on here and the car is looking beautiful.
    If only it was RHD I'd be interested!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

14. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    This morning: adjusted the windscreen wipers to the correct position. To do that, you have to adjust the arm to the most extreme position with the wipers at the bottom of the screen, done by repositioning the central bracket onto the axle of the wiper motor (far left on the picture).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Stefan and me can change everything to make it a RHD....he has every thing in stock to do it But I think Stefan will keep this car.:D

16. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    It's deftinitely a keeper :)
    Seen its history and the fact that only 3 exist in the QV range, I can't possibly let it go :)

enzo360 likes this.
  17. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  18. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Enough with the partial shots, you teasing us into madness. LOL Can't wait to see the whole car in one shot.

19. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I know, I know, hold on buddy :) November 25th is the "release date"... (expressed in my IT consultant world terminology :)

As you can see on this list - in Dutch - all big things are finished. Now I have to list a number of small jobs like repainting small chips and re-dying the leather and vacuum cleaning the thing.

The attentive reader may have seen that I still have to replace the belt of the spare wheel... I'm still looking for one that resembles the original one.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
  21. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    screw wire= thread

22. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Stef65, MauroV, Jeka and 2 others like this.