For Sale - 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS - 100% Electric Savior | FerrariChat

For Sale 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS - 100% Electric Savior

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by 308Hutch, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 308Hutch

308Hutch Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    Time to find a new home my electrified 1978 Ferrari 308. Salvaged, donor to many 308's, completely restored, totally re-engineered & upgraded, and converted to 100% Electric with a manual gearbox. The 308 has gone on to live an almost famous life for the past couple of years (vs its former odds) It is a one of a kind, heavily media exposed car which is in top condition, substantially powerful, exciting to drive, and a great daily with low maintenance cost. Someone who appreciates the juxtaposition and outcome of this project will certainly enjoy continuation via owning and driving a neat storied project.

Most of you know the story but if not the thread is here on FC: Build Thread. I also have put together a basic Specification Sheet. A few pictures are attached here but there is ample documentation readily available here! I am happy to accommodate introductions with the car in North County San Diego, California or potentially in LA. Adjustments or mods can be easily accommodated to taste.

The 47 kWhr LG battery pack is a powerful long term pack designed to deliver incredible output allowing the car to perform well in various driving conditions. Range consistently hits 100 miles without charging and picks up @ 20 miles per hours while charging via J1772 Level 2 charge port. Odometer is new after total rebuild and is @6,500 miles. Gross Weight = @3500 lbs with about 45/65 F/R distribution. Racing and Stock roll bars included. Two set of tires are included 500/3500 miles respectively. These are basic details and obviously more can be discussed as needed. There is no fixed price but there is intent to sell. It is F-Car #26403.

If this is of interest to you or someone worth forwarding, please feel free to share this post and/or my contact information. Contact via Ferrari Chat PM or email [email protected].

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. eastwest7

eastwest7 Karting

Oct 1, 2014
    roseville,ca
    very very cool

308Hutch likes this.
  3. Cva71

Cva71 Rookie

Aug 2, 2015
    308Hutch likes this.
  4. Dseig001

Dseig001 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 21, 2017
    I’m interested too. Please email pricing to dseig001(at)me.com

308Hutch likes this.
  5. Winglesspilot

Winglesspilot Rookie

Sep 25, 2015
    i love this! i watched the entire build on youtube, great work. do you have a baseline number you want for it? i m interested. [email protected]

308Hutch likes this.
  6. Kent Dellenbusch

Kent Dellenbusch Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 7, 2008
    Upland, CA
    Full Name:
    Kent Dellenbusch
    My $.02

I love this kind of forward thinking. It looks so clean in the bay that I feel confident the engineers at the factory would have set it up the same way.

Well done!

308Hutch likes this.
  7. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Under specifications and Metrics, the word Regeneration is misspelled. Please fix it because everything else in your work/project is incredible, smooth, and simply WOW!

308Hutch likes this.
  8. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Did this ever sell? Asking price? I LOVE it!

308Hutch likes this.
  9. 308Hutch

308Hutch Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2014
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Hutch
  10. DougDish

DougDish Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2010
    Northern NJ