BB512 on Jack Stand to prevent Tire flat spot??? | FerrariChat

BB512 on Jack Stand to prevent Tire flat spot???

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Arakis36, Oct 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Ciao Amici

Wondering if it is wise to put a BB512 on jack stands for seasonal storage (6-8Months) in order to avoid flat spot on the Michelin XWX tires... (Aware of the correct car lifting procedure)

- Worried that using the frame as support for jack stands, may put stress and flexing the cage.
    - Considered 2 options:
    1) - If deemed OK, Lifting and putting car on jack stands using frame as support
    - To avoid having suspension hanging: Lifting it with Jack, then placing wood blocks under tire.
    2) Lifting car, then placing jack stand right under suspensions with special built wood block adaptors,
    then lowering car. Advantage: suspension remains loaded and not hanging while tires are
    off-ground. Issues: not sure if putting jack under suspension control arms is safe.

Anyways, mainly interested in any advice to avoid tire flat spot when storing car with tires on...

Molto Grazie
    Carlito

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I would it do like number 2
    but I would built a special adapter to put under the (mozzo per ruota - 103119, 103120, 115971 and 115972, ) front and rear wheel hub after removing the wheels

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Why not just over inflat the tires? Pump 45-50psi in there and you will not flat spot.

Melvok likes this.
  4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Why not just start the car and drive it when weather permits. It will cure many ills, the most obvious being the enjoyment of driving the car and as they are more comfortable to be in during colder weather, I try and get mine out as it helps me to cure the winter blues. :)

5. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Yes also considered this option, since simple. But haven't heard if works well

6. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Of course that's always the best option, unfortunately winter weather does not permit

7. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    A commercial storage company that I have used has all car's tyres at 45 psi while in store. They have been in business 40 years and the place is full of really high end vehicles.
    I'm prepared to take that as 'evidence' in favour of this solution.

8. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Best way imo :D

9. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
  10. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Yes I agree, after thinking it over, this seems the best, simplest solution

11. Arakis36

Arakis36 Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks. Very interesting, after consideration, I will use this method...