Last carb'd 308? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Last carb'd 308?

Discussion in '308/328' started by kerrari, Dec 11, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TripleBlack

TripleBlack Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    But how do you explain that the warranty book shows a maintenance program for a carbureted model ?
    The first page showing the serial with the stamp "308 GTB" with no " i " behind don't surprise me because it is the same for US model. The first page stamp with the model change with the QV but this is the rest of the maintenance tracking with the coupons that leaves me perplexed. I only saw warranty book with green cover for injected model but it may be exist some grey like this one.
    The carbureted manual could have been replaced later, I agree with you.

2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I have no idea: that's a injected car, according to Ferrari factory official letter. The letter is clear and says : "... The car with the chassis number 34349 was NOT the last 308 GTB (carburatori) built. After this, another five have been manufactured:34377 - 34379 - 34389 - 34465 - 34503."

Five, not six: the last is 34503

And no more than 1730 drysump engines, glass and steel

ciao

3. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Here you are why. That for sale on Classicferrariparts (in my opinion) is a 308 GTBi pouch and warranty book with the wrong user manual, probably put there by the seller that doesn't know very well the Ferrari history and so assembled that without the proper knowledge of what he was doing. The last carbed 308 GTB is 34503, official from Ferrari factory .

Here you are the OEM 34655 GTSì service book

ciao

4. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    You are certainly right, then we can't explain why on yours, there is a " i " hand written after the GTB.
    Do you have a picture of the maintenance guide, a bit further inside this warranty card. For example the page of the 60MK ?

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    My opinion is that they forgot to write the "i" after GTB: that is a thing written with a pen by hands, not a factory print. That's the same warranty book, the only available at the end of 1980

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. TripleBlack

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    I also saw a lot of injected warranty card with no i but with the only GTB or GTS stamp like the carbureted models.
    You must admit that seeing a carbureted maintenance for an injected model may seem surprising. So maybe the seller of this item puts the carbureted manual into this pouch to be complete without knowing it was an injected car.... That makes sense.

Albert-LP likes this.
  7. RED HEAD

RED HEAD Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    H
    For RED HEAD, I have one question about your console.
    You seem not having the passenger heat lever (which is under the brake lever, almost in the center) or did you take away the choke and put that lever instead ?[/QUOTE]

Ha - well spotted!! Yes it was installed, this picture was taken before all works were finalised. I think a new lever was on order at the time. Best, H