2017 NFL Season | Page 44 | FerrariChat

2017 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    NFL put a copyright claim on that video :rolleyes:

it was a good fight.

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I figured it'd get pulled. I YouTubed it right after I saw the highlight during the game. I wonder how long it took to get pulled.

3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That was a good game to watch for sure

Go Lions!

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    SEA kicker Walsh has to go. Missed three field goals and SEA loses by four points. My impression of Seahawks fans is this guy will be tar and feathered and run out of town on a rail.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Maybe he's got the yips after that big miss in the playoffs?
    T

6. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  7. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Cowherd today. Boy you really miss when Brady and Ruthlessbuger don’t play. Beyond those two the AFC doesn’t have much in the QB department.

Look at the NFC QBs:
    Phi
    Dal
    Lar
    Sea
    Was
    Det

We saw Smith yesterday against an also ran Dal secondary. He had only one big play. Yawn. And we must admit Dal has great offensive and now defensive lines. It will be interesting to see how they do without Zeke for six games. Though they won’t win the division they are playing well enough to go to the Super Bowl. You couldn’t ask more from a QB than what you got from Dak yesterday.

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Look at the stats. Sea killed them in just about every category except penalties and the score. Walsh cannot be relied on in the post season either. Sea is a playoff team. They need to get a good kicker.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Seattle has made a few questionable decisions recently. Letting Haushka go for Walsh???? The defensive on the final drive yesterday?? Dan Patrick and Tony Dungy were discussing that and were also perplexed.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I agree with most of what you wrote. Dak continues to amaze me with his poise at such an early stage in his career. He may not throw the ball perfect every time, but you never get the impression he's in panic mode. For such a young player, impressive.

D backs are not the strength, but I think they're more than an "also ran" crew. They're mostly young and improving. That said, I wanted to strangle Byron Jones at the end of the first half!!
    T

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  12. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    In all reality though, it makes the least sense for the Texans to sign him. The Texans have Watson for next year, and this year is a lost cause anyway.

Also, we don't have any clue what Kaeps demands may be, and there's that injunction. Does that drop if he signs with a team? Maybe he doesn't want to drop it?

So many unknowns and everyone is just throwing stuff out there.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good points & questions. I was assuming that they still have a chance in the weak AFC South, but with Jax and resurgent Titans, maybe not. I was also thinking a half-year, prove it contract, to set himself up for next year. Have to admit, politics aside, his football/contract situation is totally confounding...T

14. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I think Jax is on the rise to be more competitive, but we'll see of course.

It is a strange world in the NFL the more I think about it. Ray Rice gets suspended for a year and out of the league after his incident (first time in trouble ever), and Josh Gordon having his issues with marijuana, meanwhile, you have a lot of other criminal/abusers getting in trouble over the years and suspended a few games. And the ****ing government gets involved in a **** they shouldn't. It's all very bizarre.

15. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Texas Forever likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Many transgressions more egregious than exercising one's right to protest have been forgiven in sport, but I get it, he's ticked off a lot of people. Including the folks who sign NFL paycheck. And rightly so. I would ask, though, do you think some QB-hungry team would have signed him if he was still the 2013 version of Colin Kaepernick?
    T

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The NFL players forgot, or more likely never knew, who their customers are. It ain't about you, nitwit.

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  20. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Brock is playing for Den at Cle expense.

However, one could argue that Brock is worth what Den is paying for him. and l would agree with that. :)

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    It's hard to feel sorry for someone with tens of millions of bucks in the bank, but man, career wise, he's gone from penthouse to outhouse pretty quickly.
    T

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Dale,

Who's the nitwit?

Mike

23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He has pursued at any/all costs. His agent sent notice to all 32 teams, not one replied - so nobody knows what his demands are.

Also, I disagree about this season being a lost cause. If they string a few wins in a row, and get hot going into the playoffs, anything can happen. Like Tom said, the AFC south is very weak and anybody can win it. Remember Giants snuck into the playoffs at 9-7 and ended up winning the SB. It will only be a lost cause if they give up on the QB situation right now. Kaep is the best option out there at this time. And, they don't have to sign him to multiple years, they can sign him for the remainder of this year. But, if they do sign him to 2 years, and he plays well, then they can trade him for a draft pick (or two) so it could be a win-win. If he bombs, then they simply cut him and they are no worse off.

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If Ray Lewis is being truthful and the Raven's were about to sign him until Kaeps girlfriend made her comments about the Raven's owner, his gf could be a piece of the puzzle that no one brings up. She has manipulated him I believe that 100%, and she's a bad seed. But just because a notice was sent out, that doesn't really tell a lot. There's so much unknown we're all just pissing in the wind.

We still have not heard from him, at all and that's not good. Which was the same comment made by a former Green Beret/Football player that has spoken to Kaep and was interviewed on our local radio station.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2017/11/08/nate-boyer-colin-kaepernick-should-be-one-of-the-guys-bringing-our-country-together/

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It tells that he is very interested in continuing to play in the NFL. It shows that he isn't waiting for someone to call, but that he is being pro-active. He even said he would work out in private for any team, in case a team may be interested but is afraid of a backlash.