F40 Starter Removal | FerrariChat

F40 Starter Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Drew Altemara, Nov 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Posted this in the supercar section with no luck. Thought this section may be more applicable.

Just the beginnings of issues with the starter on my F40; probably the solenoid - click click start. Can anyone tell me if the headers have to be removed to remove the starter? Looks like a pretty easy job if you do not have to mess with the headers and associated plumbing.

Thanks,

Drew

2. Oversteer40

Oversteer40 Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Very much doubt headers need to be removed, I've played around with the battery cables and didn't get the impression it was that tighter fit....actually looks very easy.

3. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks - going to put it up this weekend. Just wanted to have an idea what I was in for. Drew

4. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Completing this thread. The issue was the battery but went ahead and cleaned up all the contacts/ground anyhow.

The starter should be fairly easy to remove after disconnecting the the turbo oil return line. Not that bad at all. Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qavion likes this.
  5. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Drew,

Glad you got it sorted easily --- don't forget to spray some battery post / terminal sealer on all the contacts you cleaned up.... it really does help a lot to keep them fresh for a long time.

On a completely unrelated, and personal note, I happened to take a quick peek at your profile page out of curiosity... And, I must say "WOW" --- that is one terrific trio of F-cars you have there !

Plus, your previously owned ones are also very impressive !

All of them are right off my own list of personal favorites ---- still hoping to get my hands on a nice Daytona some day :)