365 GTC4 Fuel Pump | FerrariChat

365 GTC4 Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Racerfred, Nov 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    My 1972 365 GTC4 fuel pump has started to act up. Yesterday while driving the pump stopped working 2 times. The first time the car stalled and after I came to a stop I was able to re-start the car.You could hear the fuel pump going until if filled up the carbs as per normal. The car had about a 1/4 tank of gas in it so I was not out of gas however to be safe I put in 10 gallons of gas and it took it to between 1/2 and 3/4 of a tank. I was able to drive the car for about 15 miles without a problem. The second time the car car quit there was no noise from the fuel pump. I had to tap the fuel pump with a hammer to get it to start. I was able to get the car home - approximately 20 miles without a problem. I assume that I will either need a new pump or can I repair the old one?

If it can't be repaired, where can I located a new one?

I also posted this on the 365 GTC4 Forum and Tom Yang.net.

Thanks,

Fred

2. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Fred, C4 two pumps. You can get them from any of the usual suspects.Mike

3. Dogdish

Dogdish Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2005
    Denver
    Please ensure you have good voltage to the pumps. The solenoid type pumps (tickey-tickey) need good voltage to operate

4. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hi Fred, when was the last time you took a good look at the filter(s) inside the pumps?

Regards, Alberto

5. Racerfred

Racerfred Karting

Mar 6, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Alberto,

I did check the filters and they were clean. I purchased new pumps and while I am at it I am replacing all of the fuel lines and fuel filter. I figure I might as well change everything at one time.

Regards,

Fred

swift53 likes this.