2006 Ferrari F430 Spider - Los Angeles CA - Must Sell | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider - Los Angeles CA - Must Sell

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by zakiu, Nov 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have both of those things :) PM me if you get to parts car money.

2. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Magnetic Valve Connection
    Pressure Difference Control

These two together mean you have air in the system. Believe it or not, a simple activation of the bleed procedure while vehicle is idling fixes this issue. A lot of people tend to start replacing solenoids and or sensors when no necessary.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Good lord........Sorry to hear that.

Wishing you the best.

Dan

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Man , I remember when this story broke. I feel so badly for you to get burnt like this. Not sure I can be of any help but , you are welcome to pm me anytime. You may wanna give a shout to Mike at Yellow Compass cars. See what advice he can offer. Best , Kirk

Automoblog and whatheheck like this.
  5. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015
    sorry to hear you got scammed by a member :(

If you decide to part her out or fix her up, you could try to contact FerrParts in Sacramento. Great guy to work with and very reasonable prices as far as servicing

6. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Woof, damn this is unfortunate to hear. I am actually in the market for a car just like this (red/tan spider with some things wrong for a good price), but I think this car is even a bit more than I want to handle at what you looking to get for it.

How is the exterior cosmetic condition? Bumper paint etc. Has it ever been repaired from the cone damage lol?

7. dhari

dhari Karting

Jan 24, 2011
    Vancouver,Canada
    Full Name:
    Deepak Hari
    I commend your restraint and focus on selling rather than dwelling on the past.
    I'm sending good vibes to you brother! :)
    Good luck with the sale!

whatheheck likes this.
  8. aventari

aventari Karting

Dec 9, 2010
    San Diego
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is like every online buyer's nightmare.

Kudos to you for honesty though!

9. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    That is also where he serviced it exclusively.

Shower thought:
    Who knows the relationship of previous seller and the dealership. For a PPI, seems that taking to a truly independent source is the route to go, despite FoLI having had performed prior service.

10. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    #35 zakiu, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    TG, I appreciate your participation in thread! I'd like to avoid discussion of the prior owner at this time. However to make sure nobody is misled, I need to correct your statement. It is where he stated it was serviced exclusively. Ferrari Dealerships do not use Autolite spark plugs, which is what were in it when it arrived here in LA.

I'd like to avoid speculation / discussion of the prior owner and any of his relationships at this time and any discussion of that can be handled with me via PM. Thanks :)

11. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Understood, and also not trying to make it about the past. Sorry it did not work out as one expects. Cheers

12. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Unless I have a close personal relationship with the person doing the vouching it is meaningless to me and even then I take it with a grain of salt. There many people too quick with ignorant counsel and recommendations.

13. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    Its not a problem, but things are still ongoing and I am trying to limit discussion here as there is a separate thread related to fraud and this is a for sale thread.

Yes I have. Your market assessment is blatantly false.

Thanks. The constant talk about his 2-3k posts (false, he has ~1200) and how that makes him credible (false) is silly. It is very easy to show up at cars and coffee with donuts for everyone and boost a post count.

02360spider likes this.
  14. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    One thing is sure about you zakiu, you're very transparent about the car condition. The next buyer will know exactly what he's buying.
    This car will find the right buyer.

darth550 and anunakki like this.
  15. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    I noticed PhilB's false post was deleted. I was under the impression that this is not allowed. Can someone please help me understand where the information meant? I may need it in the future. Thanks.

FutureF likes this.
  16. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Woa, easy there, I wasn't being blatant or false. I happen to think you have a very nice 430 and I was trying to be encouraging and offered you another option you may not have thought of. I see your car as having a lot more value than your asking price. Despite what you went through with the person you bought the car from, there are a lot of shops out there that are trustworthy and could straighten out anything you would want done to the car to shorten the list you posted, and strengthen your asking price. Do a search yourself CarGurus and Autotrader and look for similar mileage cars, and see what you see. You're being very transparent with your sale - if I was a buyer I'd consider that a checkbox in the "pro" column. Don't give it away, there's nothing wrong with a "fully sorted" car.

Anyway, like I said good luck.

17. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    Have you considered doing an Autotrader search on your own to verify your statements before posting them for all to see? You said market value for this vehicle is up to 135k. Now you maintain your false claims in my thread, trying to make it about you and your opinion, telling me to do the search because you can't be bothered. There is not a single red 2006 F430 Spider F1 for sale cross country on Autotrader for over 130k, regardless of mileage.

I appreciate your effort to assist, however you are not providing the assistance you think and instead you are providing false information to my potential buyers and demanding unwarranted attention. Please take the attitude somewhere else as it is not welcome in this thread. If you have a need to communicate you can PM me. I am very wary of anyone posting from the NYC area especially considering you have posts in the same threads as the last owner. No offense. PM me if you have further questions or concerns. I sent you a PM

18. Stanley Kendall

Stanley Kendall Karting
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2017
    Ouch! Horrible story. I assume you’re suing the POS seller?

19. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

His post was deleted by a moderator.

20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    This car has issues, but they don't seem to be so big after all. Parting it will be stupid.

21. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I may have missed this, but have you sent your own PPI to Ferrari of Long Island who did the PPI when you had not taken delivery of the car?

I would like to hear how they assess the discrepancies. Many Ferrari dealers are upstanding businesses (particularly under the scrutiny of us ;)) and might like to assess how they came to such a different conclusion.

In any case it would be good to hear what they say when shown the evidence.

joe5522 likes this.
  22. TAILWAG

TAILWAG Karting

Apr 8, 2007
    OP/Olathe
    Full Name:
    Angel
    This is unbelievable. Sorry OP - hope it works out for you in the end.

23. Michigan430

Michigan430 Rookie

Jun 9, 2015
    Troy, Michigan
  24. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Who is the member who sold this car to you? Tell us please or message me so it's my ass if I tell everyone.

No place for a **** here on Fchat.

25. natman316

natman316 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2015