Tracker Fobs..... | FerrariChat

Tracker Fobs.....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 100badboy100, Nov 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi

Has anyone got a smart solution for a cover or keyring for there nav track fob?

I know navtrack have a leather fob case on there site for sale was just wondering if anyone had any better solutions to keep it on a key ring or similar.. I feel I will loose it if I just keep it in my pocket....

Regards

Michael

2. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    Hi Michael

I velcro my satnav card onto my leather key fob - which needs to be roughly the same size.

I know you are supposed to keep the card and keys separate, but that's quite difficult, so instead I keep them secure at home.

Regards.

Robert

3. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Robert

That's an idea that will at least keep me out of trouble...

I may try and get someone to stitch me up a couple of Red leather pouches with a stainless steel eye or similar so I can then keep it on my door keys and not my car key's...

If I do get round to doing that i will post the results on here..

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    That sounds like a better idea and more secure.

5. Barry P.

Barry P. Karting

Nov 22, 2016
    Milton Keynes
    Full Name:
    Barry
    Top 555 of Oakham gave me a leather tracker fob pouch when I bought the car, maybe worth contacting them to see if they'll sell you one.

6. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    My Bentley keys also came with a little leather pouch for the tracker fob, but to my mi;d, it’s the last thing you want, as if you keep the keys and fob together like that, and the car is stolen, the insurers may not pay out, as you are supposed to keep them separate at all times. Friend of mine had his Aston stolen, and had a devil of a job proving the thieves didn’t find both items together when they stole the car, took a fair bit of persausion and a lot of time before they finally reluctantly agreed

One thing I use from time to time is my dupont lighter case. It’s a leather case that you mount on your belt, large enough for two fobs actually, but mine fits the fob and a slimline lighter together, and it is nowhere near being linked to your keys, as they would be loose in your pocket, on a table etc, while the fob never leaves your side in the case on your belt, and necessarily leaves the car when you do, even if the keys didn’t

Got mine in Las Vegas airport, but they are on eBay from about £50 secondhand, or £110 brand new. They look very nice too, as you’d expect with dupont

8. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Thought I would share with you what I eventually sorted for tracker fob holder..

So I have now landed up with 3!

I bought one from tracker directly- the black one

And a lady in the next village made me 2 from scraps of old leather

So won't be loosing my tracker fob now!

Regards

Michael

YellowF50 likes this.