Getting custom ECU tune at Mase Engineering | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Getting custom ECU tune at Mase Engineering

Discussion in '360/430' started by SCKOMS, Jan 11, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Definitely, going to post a thread to-date by tomorrow. We have been updating some of the current products on the car, as well as developing some new ones :)

2. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Steve Mase IS THE MAN for ECU Tuning!!!!!

He did my 2001 360 Modena a few years ago with great results, even added some speed for faster throttle response!

Big Thanks to you Steve!!!!!!

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I have to jump on the bandwagon. I had just sent my ECU's out to have them flashed with the CS tune. I've had the MAF's forever and finally could put them to use. Wow, what a difference in throttle response and performance.
    Let's talk though about customer service.. I sent them out on a Wednesday and had the back Friday...

Amazing...

4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    A friend of mine did a tune on a 2008 scuderia and only obtained 10 HP ..Is that typical ..Can someone from mase chime in ...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

5. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    On my last post - that tune was not done by Mase ...My questiion, to be a little clearer, is what has been the experience at other shops on a Scuderia without any modifications...Sorry for any confusion

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

6. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    When you deal with the MASE, you aren't dealing with a long supply chain, he is the direct source. Better pricing, faster service, and custom bespoke service as you know. Good to hear!

I did CS transmission ecu and a 360 custom tune on the same 2000 Ferrari 360 car, and it drives just as good as the real stradale that sits next to it in the garage, lol.

If only people knew that you could buy an old 360, clean it up, then get almost the same performance as a car that people pay much more $ on, I think the old ones would be worth more.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. Living4life

Living4life Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2008
    I have never owned a Scuderia but I did have a F430 with test pipes, and straight exhaust, MASE did tune it on a mustang dyno and I believe we picked up about 30HP before and after flash on the same night.

My tuned F430 would spin my 325/30/19 Michelin tires in low gears easily and sounded insane!

8. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    Is he using the SAE J1349 JUN90 correction factor for that 409 base number? How many power pulls did he do to average from? Just seems like a high average base wheel number considering a realistic 20% parasitic loss.

9. Doug2D

Doug2D Karting

Mar 29, 2015
    I just had Steve tune my ECUs and I am amazed by the results. Sent the ECUs to Mase on Tuesday overnight. They received Wednesday, flashed the unit, and sent it back out the same day with overnight shipping. I received them yesterday and re-installed that night. This morning, I took the car out for a quick spin and was shocked how responsive and tight the throttle feels. The car behaves as if it shaved off a couple hundred pounds or more.

I'm super excited to see how it behaves once I get the Capristo headers and OEM sports exhausted installed in the next few weeks.

10. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #60 Flea7, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Looking to get this done when my exhaust comes in. (if it ever does)

How do you guys go about passing emissions with the CEL off. I heard the tune turns off the module that turns off CEL and that it will cause it to not pass emissions.

11. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    My tune was from Mase, very happy with the tune and the email support.

whatheheck likes this.
  12. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Hmm very tempted as I just put on headers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Call him and let him know exactly what you have done and want out of the car. He is amazing and transformed my 360. I am running the CS Airboxes and MAF's, and now the CS Tune.

14. Argo8

Argo8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2015
    SPAIN
    #64 Argo8, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Tune the ecu + headers
    Definitely has more power
    I have it in my car
    for more than a year ago
    And the change is awesome
    And it's not something psychological
    I could try it both on track
    As in race of acceleration against 458 italia nissan gtr or 599 gtb

https://youtu.be/uY2WmpcaAFU

Starting in 1:40" vs nissan gtr

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Just got Agency Power headers and Kline Exhaust installed on my F430. I will be contacting Mase Engineering soon for a possible tune.

16. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mase did the tuning on my 430. Turn around was next day and im happy with the result

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The proper tune really makes a difference especially with exhaust and headers. It will feel and sound like a different car.

whatheheck likes this.
  18. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Hello all,

Thanks for the very kind words. I'm happy to report I have become a Ferrari Chat forum sponsor, and will be dedicating more time to the forums, and hopefully can be an asset to the community. I will start a post about our ECU Flashes for the 360 and F430 models here soon.

Anyone in the mean time can contact me directly on here or email: [email protected]

Regards,
    Steve

catdog and whatheheck like this.
  19. AD170

AD170 Karting

Jul 18, 2014
    This is meant as a "heads up". California will soon be looking at Mode 9 Engine Calibration records during smog checks for tuning alterations. If your ECM has been altered by tuning you will fail smog. The Air Resources Board has been collecting data for the last 5 years and has written the Order. It is just awaiting Legislative signing to be implemented. Looking at 2018, maybe 2019. I'm sure the Manufacturers are more than happy with it and have provided assistance to the ARB. If you life in California, proceed with caution as the tuning community looks for a work-around.

20. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Both the 360 and 430 are VERY tunable. Based on my experience, most manufacturers leave allot on the table. With very minimal mods...custom headers, sport cats and straight exhaust, some mild ECU tuning got the CS an extra 50.

whatheheck likes this.
  21. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    If I keep my F430 I will be calling MASE to have the ECU tune... heard and read great things ......

whatheheck likes this.
  22. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Just received a PM reply from Steve of Mase Engineering. He is considering offering a group buy or holiday special for FChat members soon so stay tuned!!!

Count me in Steve!

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23. mkzhang

mkzhang Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Count me in on the group buy as well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  24. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    if Steve's able to turn off the exhaust CEL while still allowing it to pass smog, I'd definitely be in for the group buy!

25. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    That is the big question for me. If CEL is turned off am I still going to pass a OBDII smog test on emissions? I'm in on a group buy if so and if offered!!