Hamilton is DONE at Mclaren | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Hamilton is DONE at Mclaren

Discussion in 'F1' started by ARTNNYC, Sep 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Maybe you can learn something. :)

2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    No one as far as I can see/read is telling anyone to see the light, you cannot change a person's mindset, when the dislike runs deep.
    There are plenty of folk on here that dislike Hamilton, and freely admit you would have to be nuts to think he is not a great talent.

I'd say that at present there are a few posters on here now, one in particular, that keeps on repeating with the same inane ramblings that Elton sucks ect, and that really does not help in regards to having any healthy banter or intelligent debating, it's not even funny.
    Because IMO that is why as a few on here have noted, that a lot of real knowledgable posters do not contribute anymore.

cig1 likes this.
  3. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Wow here we go again.............

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So 4 WDC later he now sucks ..ok ok....:rolleyes:.

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I know you where banned/off for some time but you don´t want to tell me that you never read that....

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Not that we are counting, but "3 WDCs later" ;)

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    That same poster also admits, on a weekly basis at least, Lewis does in fact, not suck.

But let that be ignored I guess.

Zzz

8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Along with a self hiatus, I was fed up of reading nonsense.

9. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I am probably as guilty for responding to it, but my intentions were good ;)

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  10. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    So, personality aside (and I don't recall anyone claiming he has a great personality), it seems all the angst, bad feeling, bans, etc that we see on this forum boil down to where people believe Hamilton sits on the driving skill spectrum - no skill; pretty skilled; skilled; very skilled; extremely skilled. Why does anyone have to get heated about someone having a different opinion about where he sits on that spectrum?

A lot is made of him being in the best car, which he undoubtedly is, but that doesn't necessarily tell us anything about his driving skill. He could be a pretty skilled driver in the best car or an extremely skilled driver in the best car. It's a matter of opinion; we should allow everyone to have their opinion without getting defensive or sometimes even aggressive.

Make the F1 forum great again!

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LH is skilled. Has a good car and made good things happen with it. He was with Button in a less than perfect car and did not stand out above JB overall. Evenly matched. He is good but not any better than JB on comparison. But good enough to get the Mercedes to win and win title. Same as many other drivers of his caliber. Vettel, FA and others. So is he the greatest now? No and as Mansell states - there are a number of drivers who in the right car, will win.

daytona355, P.Singhof and Bas like this.
  12. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Actually, I think personality and style actually feeds into most of the angst.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I think you're right. Many don't like his personality and style and a few posters don't seem to separate those aspects of him from his driving skills.

lorenzobandini and kraftwerk like this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's 4 if you include the one with McLaren and people have been saying Hamilton "sucks" for many years and it doesn't make sense since he's won 4 titles now (3 with AMG if that's' what you're referring to since his McLaren departure).

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The weird thing is, it's the folk that hate him are the ones posting pictures of him in various outfits and giggling at them like children, very bizarre, it says more about them than Lewis, it's almost like a disturbing fixation or habit.

16. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The thread is from 2012 when Lewis was 1xWDC....so now after his 4th it is 3 WDC later ;)
    Very basic mathematics, elementary school :D

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Which is why I clearly listed 3 as an alternative depending on how the earlier posts of Hamilton-hating is to be interpreted. People here have been hating him since his first season in F1 and not just after his switch to AMG. It's 4 or 3 depending on how far back you want to take the hating and "Elton sucks" comments.

lorenzobandini likes this.
  18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Turns out Lewis is smarter than RD ;)

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I actually rooted for him against Alonso in his first season and if it was not Ferrari I would have prefered him over Fred as WDC.
    When he joined Mercedes I actually did not have any opinion on that, just when a few people started to praise him over the top after the first Mercedes title even joining the forum to do so I started to dislike the situation. And looking at his comments the success obviously went over Lewis´ head (like the one "Senna is looking down on me with admiration") which did not really help liking him ;)

Bas likes this.
  20. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    When did he say that? Do you have a reference that you can post?

lorenzobandini likes this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    No sorry, no reference as I do not find it in the moment. I remember reading something like that but don´t spike me on the exact wording. I just remember that I thought it was way out of proportion by that time...

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #372 TifosiUSA, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Completely pointless to bump this thread. ricksb (LH fanboy) just gloating. Obvious.

That said, crazy, little did we know at the time that Hamilton would go from a great car he's had his whole career in the Mac, leave it, and plop down in the most dominant car in F1 history. Hard to fathom

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    True, but would like to add I think Rick is one Hamilton fans here that doesn't force it upon others and open to alternate views.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That may be true but his motives for digging up this post from the grave are pretty clear.

25. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Hmm, all sounds a bit like fake news. There's a lot of it about - I read somewhere that Hillary's driving sucks.

cig1, kraftwerk and lorenzobandini like this.