Mondials For Sale | Page 46 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    paulchua likes this.
  2. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    If this doesn't pull much money I may need to pickle mine and put it away.

3. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    swong46 likes this.
  4. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hey Mike,

I still have to respond to your PM of a couple months ago, I see you on BaT quite often too. Yes, this is the 3.2 mondi out of NoCal.

Too all those looking for a 3.2 coupe I personally have seen this car, though I didn't drive it. That being said it was owned by an enthusiast and was regularly and recently serviced, as well as having a fully documented service history. She looked absolutely beautiful. The interior looked brand new!! And other than a couple of stone chips on the front bumper the exterior was also in very good+ condition. I can't believe Stephane is letting her go!! I wish I was in a position to make an offer on her. Someone should, ne better, snap her up quick. A 3.2 coupe guys!! I think rarer than a t coupe (1 of 43)!!

Temple

5. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Thanks Temple,

Yes, it is indeed a great car, and probably the best I have ever seen for a 3.2 coupe, I can't believe it either. I have just come to the conclusion that I am a real car slut ;). Go ahead Russ, let me have it :(
    Unless I come to my senses soon, I have my eyes and a soon to be deposit on something even more rare, yes, even rarer than a t coupe!

6. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Hey Stephane,

Sorry I missed you in Vegas. I have to look at the numbers but I think 3.2 coupes are even rarer than t coupes (43). I know it very close either way.

Temple

7. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Stephane,
    I think I just missed out on this NorCal 3.2 Coupe back in August since you got it the same week I got in touch with the seller. Would be on a plane to Vegas if I didn't just get the QV from BaT already. Best of luck with the sale!

8. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    As much as I have ragged on Mondials the one model I would buy (if I didn't already have a 328 (black of course) and a Norwood 288 GTO recreation) is a 3.2 Coupe. But it would not be red, I can't abide those black buttresses on a red car. Dark colors are fine, black is best. And ironically there was a white one for sale in Canada some years ago that grew on me.

RicSinger and paulchua like this.
  9. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    A Valeo???

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I had a valeo once, and loved it, but after a while I missed having that 3rd pedal, so for that reason it is not a valeo. Nor is it an F1 car. I have to have 3 pedals.

paulchua likes this.
  11. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    #1137 killer58, Nov 21, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    paulchua likes this.
  12. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks, gents. Hope this one turns out to be as lovely as it seems. I probably won't know for sure until spring as Thanksgiving in New Hampshire is the harbinger of trickle chargers and quiet motors!!

paulchua likes this.
  13. kevinkw

kevinkw Karting

Apr 19, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Congrats, great buy. It was fun seeing all the comments on BaT.

paulchua likes this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I too would like to extend congrats! early Christmas for you!

Cheers

15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    To all and sundry here in the Mondial community. I'm writing this to let everyone know that the BaT sale of the '87 Mondial Cabriolet that I won is not going through. It is entirely my doing that the sale will not complete. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE CAR, OR THE SELLER, THE TITLE, OR THE REPRESENTATION OF THE CAR.

Two days after the close of the auction and after I had started all the details (shipping, title, arrangement of funds transfer, etc), an accident occurred within my family that will require both medical and legal expenses to clear up. Everyone will physically be alright with a bit of healing time but the circumstances took me off my feet for a bit, and will likely become a bit ugly liability wise as the insurance company of the woman who hit my truck claims she never made her premium payment. She claims she did. And it's me who is left holding the bag at the moment. Such is life....

I have notified the seller (day after the accident), and I have notified BaT. But I also thought that the astute and observant crew here would immediately recognize when this car came back on the market and it is only fair to state that there is NOTHING about the car that precipitated the no-sale.

Momma just is more likely to get a red Cabernet rather than that pretty red cabriolet this Christmas! Damn. She may wring that other woman's neck before the holiday's are over......

Freerange72, gsfent and paulchua like this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I'm sorry to hear about your troubles! Hope everything is well, and wish you better days ahead.

17. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    I think you are going to find a substantial charge on your CC from BAT if you renege on the auction. Will your insurance not cover uninsured motorists?

18. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The auction fee is a regrettable side-effect. Consequential damages and all that.There is, of course, uninsured motorist coverage. And they, of course, want the dust to settle over who should cover before assuming the liability. Tis a mess and will get dealt with. More interested at this point in making sure all the medical issues are dealt with in a timely and most effective manner. The whole affair falls under the concept of a CF.

Object Lesson: Cell phones and operation of an automobile are incompatible!!

19. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    On a much less serious scale, a woman in a very large SUV backed into my parked Ford Ranger about a month ago. Fortunately I was there to witness it and asked her for her insurance details. She stated she had no insurance, but 'her father was a mechanic and he would fix it'. Followed her to father's place of work. He told me to sue them. Went to police station to report incident. Cops said they could do nothing unless they were called to the scene. Lesson: call the cops immediately and don't let the other driver leave until they cite her. My uninsured motorist coverage finally paid after trying to wriggle out of it because they said there was no incident report. But there was a $250 deductible. Lesson 2: get copy of incident report. And final lesson: if I had collision insurance (I don't as this is a 16 year old vehicle) it would cover the damage even if I did not have UIM. UIM is a bit of a scam, it only helps if a. you don't have your own collision insurance; or b. you have an injury and you don't have medical insurance. I think it was invented by the insurance industry to goose their top line. They even have this cute thing where you have to sign a piece of paper if you decline UIM ... a scare tactic.

And re consequential damages: I am not a lawyer but I believe you will have a hard time getting the BAT auction fee back as the other party did not directly cause you to renege; that was your choice. I think it's 5% so about $1500 but I may be wrong on that.

20. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I just sold my 90 348. I'm looking to upgrade my 85 mondi euro Blk/Red QV cab (thus it's unofficially for sale) to a 3.2 or T. Open to all 3.2 and T cabs, but prefer not red Thanks

21. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Russ, not a lawyer either and I was using the "consequential damages" phrase in a very casual manner. Simply meant it might be an unpleasant side-effect. However, when I notified BaT that I had to withdraw from the sale due to these circumstances, they refunded the auction fee without me even requesting they do so. More kudos to BaT.

gsfent and paulchua like this.
  22. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    paulchua likes this.
  23. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Agreed. The mileage stated in the ad is a bit off as well (57K vs. 91K).

It's too bad that they were unable to put the car's VIN # ( ZFFLC15B000055085 ) into the ebay form.

2cam

paulchua likes this.
  24. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I asked the seller about the salvage title, and his response was that the car was lightly hit in the left rear, and the insurance company totaled it due to the age of the car.

paulchua likes this.