How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by P.Singhof, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton

1. one of the worse in the field

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. average

2.3%
  3. above average

15.9%
  4. one of the best in the field

54.5%
  5. the very best in the field

27.3%
  1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    ohh sorry @P.Singhof didn't expect the spanish,or german inquisition,

I threw out jealousy? wondering why people some folks really don't like him at all.

Chill brother ,you are taking this wayyyyy tooo seriously.

2. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    If that fantasy helps you sleep at night... :D

Anyway, Nico has 22 race wins during his four years as teammate to Lewis...Lewis had nearly 50% more than that. Those years were always less close than they appeared do the relative lack of opposition in the mix (i.e. no cars getting in between them), and imo Nico was undoubtedly a driver very much flattered by the raw-egg era of Pirellis.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you actually said that your posts and your opinion is not to be taken serious? Well that would explain a lot...

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    err no i did not say that.i meant the whole lewis/elton thingy which seems to be your pet subject over the past months/years.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Again you fail to see the point and exactly what pisses the rest off so much. No one thinks elton sucks. that's the whole point of this thread. We all keep being accused of saying he sucks, even though none of us say that, simply because we think he's a ****. For some inexplicable reason that makes you and others believe we think he sucks. Absolutely tired of such nonsense and I'm sure it's trolling on the Elton fans behalf, surely they can't keep repeating what they think we say (and for us then say we don't say THAT) and state it as absolute fact?

daytona355 likes this.
  6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    My feeling is that Hamilton is one of the bests, so that with the best car (and team) he will almost certainly win the championship (although he was able to lose one to Rosberg).
    I am not quite sure of what he would do with the second car/team, I have no clue whether he would be better, as good as or worse than Vettel with Ferrari; I suspect the result would be close (Vettel also being one of the bests in my view).

daytona355, bberg009 and P.Singhof like this.
  7. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Hahaha...says the guy who has nothing to his credit but praising Lewis are bashing Seb, whatever is the theme of the hours...BTW: I never called Lewis Elton unlike your "psycho"-tirade against Seb ;)
    You actually might review the poll as not a single vote is on "average" ;)

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    i think this thread is good .it has clarified the the majority of folks who voted so far do not think his driving sucks ..so all the stuff on the other thread about him sucking is all about some other things...nothing to do with his driving skills right?

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    This thread is simply a proof of what we said for a long time: Here are many people who rate Lewis among the best drivers of this era but not above them. But obviously that is not enough for his followers because everybody saying he is NOT the one and only very best in the field is a "hater" and on "denial"...So I think this thread says a lot more about "Group44" than about his detractors !!!

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    As you most likely know there was at least one ,then he changed to to 'above average'....

I stand by the Psycho label after Baku ,what else was it then?

11. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    well i don't know about he rest on here but i didn't mention hater or denial on here ...although you seem to keep mentioning those words.,

12. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    So does this post admit then that group44 only reads what they want to read? I can throw a rock and hit a post where Elton ''haters'' constantly say they don't think he sucks, but that's not only conveniently ignored, we're actually being told that we think he in fact, sucks.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    #63 P.Singhof, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    So ONE voted average (if even true) and changed that, that means "a few"?
    OK, I give up....obviously you do not care at all what we write as you prefer to "see something in between the lines" that suits you better and that is all you reply to.
    Then you are not even able to read a simple poll so what is the point of discussing with you, what we say does not reach you anyway....
    Oh..and now you play the Kraftwerk-game? "It is not me saying that, must be someone different..." when you "like" or "+1" each others post and at the end it was nobody. If you have not read the words "hater" or "denial" or "delusional" over here then it really does proof my point above: you do not really read what is written but only what you want to see.
    But Krafty is playing that game much better as he can be eloquent at least...

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    it is a tad tiresome when someone makes a comment then gets immediately jumped upon ..it really makes one feel it is not worth the time and effort....tbc

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Easy: use your time and efforts trying to make a reasonable comment rather than poking with one-lines like "jealousy" and see whether you are still jumped upon ;)

But this is so stereotype...once running out of arguments one can still represent himself as a victim...

16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #66 fer312t, Nov 17, 2017
    Hehe, even a cursory look at the 'Hamilton Sucks' thread suggests this is not the case...

'Elton is average. As confirmed by Rosberg and Bottas pathetic average driver'
    'an ordinary driver'
    'Still sucks'
    '...not even in the top 3'
    'Lewis Crapilton is as fast or probably less fast than at least 5 or 6 drivers in the field'

etc. etc.

But what of this anyway? So what what if people muster a tortured 'he doesn't suck...' amidst a string of qualifiers. That's a very low bar as far a being as 'reasonable' enthusiast. No multiple World Champion sucks, full stop - that's a given. If they're still constantly obsessed with devaluing and or writing streams of vitriol about a particular driver at every opportunity, they're are going to be perceived as a 'hater', and there's is inevitably going to be push-back.

Again it's the same vocal clique of a half dozen people we're talking though. I think the silent majority of Ferrari fans are very reasonable. :D

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  17. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lol erm so all you've got is people saying he's not the best!

Give up Fer312 your arguments are as boring as I imagine you are.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Well, sometimes sweetness and truth is boring I imagine. :D

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    since you used one of my osts i will take it from there.

1-This thread is not for BASHING Elton, it's simply to say how do you rate him. i repeat you go to the pool above and choose, cast your vote, and be done with it. Can you do that? aparently not. Other than that you are simply trying to derail the thread.
    2-AS writen in my post, i state that Elton or Crapilton (you may choose) is as good or perhaps less good than other 5 or 6 drivers on the grid. I will explain again in diferent words (since i'm"spanish", my english is pretty crappy, so it's only normal you got confused): I said that Elton is probably as good as the best 5 or 6 drivers in the grid. Saying that you are possibly as good or as fast as the fastest or better 5 or 6 is not meant to be an insult or bashing or anything negative, quite de oposite. Thing is, you think he clearly is faster than the others, hence you dislike my post. IMO, Seb as faster than him, and Max is also probably faster, i also have doubts if Elton is faster than Ricci, Hulk or Kimi (depending on how he wakes up ion the morning). As for Fernando, i also think that in a bad car, Alonso will be faster, on a good acr, Elton will be faster.
    3-If you still didn't get it, i can try 4 other diferent languages...i can even make it five with my 11 years old daughter help, she can help me with german because i really suck at it.

daytona355 likes this.
  20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Pedro, you should be banned: you're not Spanish! That's crummy.:D Shame on you.

Rgds

21. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    At least one person has said he hates Hamilton; that's on the record in black and white. That person aside, calling people 'haters' is not very helpful, but then neither is calling people 'fanboys' or 'Group 44', which is just the other side of the same coin.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So one person is hating Lewis? In a whole forum of thousands of people? Is that a big deal? Sorry to ask but does that mean that the fans of Lewis have to come over until this very last person is convinced otherwise?

But I agree with you, it is the other side of the coin. "Fanboy" is negative as you said but I do not see why Group44 should be as indicator of his fanbase. Ferraristi is not negative either or is it?

23. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I put him down as Average. His drive in Mexico was proof of that A talented driver would have gotten the most out of an injured car, he did not.

Perhaps a poll on who the biggest cry baby in F1 I am sure that Hammy and Toto would top that list. :D

daytona355 likes this.
  24. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #74 fer312t, Nov 17, 2017
    Well, in my opinion, if you're 'less fast' than 5-6 drivers in a 20 driver field, you not really one of the top guys...so you forgive me for suggesting you were saying otherwise. :cool:

Fair enough, credit where credit is due...

Anyway I personally don't care if people don't think he's not the best...or rank him 2, 3, or 10 (even if I would be happy to politely argue to the contrary)

If someone here were to opine: "I really don't rate Hamilton as a driver, but what a lovely, exciting, vivacious young man and excellent sportsman he is!"
    I would of course be thinking: while this person doesn't know jack about racing, they must be a warm person and are clearly an exceptional judge of character. HAHA!

Nor I don't care if people don't rate him and don't like him...fair enough.
    If people say - he doesn't drive a Ferrari, ergo I automatically hate him - fine too!

However we both know that's not what's going on here with at least a select group of people...

When people are writing daily screeds about someone, trawl the tabloids looking for dirt, go out of their way to obsessively devalue every achievement, display extreme schadenfreude at every minor 'blip'...use words like 't*at', and 'c*nt' non-facetiously...well, that is 'hater' territory, and there is inevitably going to be push-back - people are going to be more than happy to meet the hate with excessive enthusiasm. :D

25. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    There aren't thousands of people posting in the F1 section. One person (at least - I'm not going to check) has openly said he hates Hamilton, quite a number of others very obviously dislike him with varying degrees of intensity. I don't quite understand why anyone who thinks Hamilton is the best tends to be accused of trying to convince everyone else that that's the case. Are they not simply expressing their opinion? And are those who express the opposite opinion not attempting to convince the Hamilton fan that he's not actually the best?

Whether the use of 'Group44' is negative or not depends on the context in which it's used. My impression is that it's generally used as an alternative to 'fanboy' and is therefore negative.

NeuroBeaker and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.