2017 NFL Season | Page 47 | FerrariChat

2017 NFL Season

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Stillers lucky to get out of Indy w/a 20-17 win on a last moment field goal.

C'mon Steelers let's GO!

2. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

Yes. But if you take away the special teams 17 points, DEN STILL WOULD HAVE LOST.

Did you hear the boos when they left the field at half time?

Den was completely out coached. NE picked away at every weakness and made Den pay.

I note that Brockweiller can’t throw when he is moving outside the pocket, especially when he is running left. It is very rare that Brady throws outside the pocket and he gets rid of the ball much faster.

3. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Vance said 24 points attributed to special teams. OK 41-21 = 17. Den still loses by a point. Sad.

NE had seven straight possessions where they scored.

I just wonder how long this coaching staff is going to last. Wade Phillips at LAR not giving up very many points per game. Den has given up 239 points, LAR 169.

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How has Miller been playing? Do you think hitching the wagon to Siemean is part of the problem? After last season it seemed like he was on his way to be decent and just leaped off the boat.

I heard an a very intriguing argument for why a developmental league would be beneficial for the NFL, specifically with the QB position. The example being Case Keenum. It's taken him around 4 years to become a competent QB and correct mistakes he was making in the beginning. Of course he's not amazing, but he's doing what any team could hope for, be good enough to not be the problem. And if he keeps winning and he gets benched next season in place of Bridgewater, teams are going to be calling and he's going to get paid. If there was a league between college and the NFL there could be far superior quarterbacking just from getting regular reps. From everything I've heard over the years was that Warren Moon was awful his first 3 seasons and then something clicked. Sometimes it just takes time for greatness to show up.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    PNH...You're dead on about being outcoached; I thought the same thing last night. But, be fair, Brock may have his issues, but most QBs in the NFL compare poorly to Brady! And, Belichick has been schooling other coaches for quite some time. I heard the boos at half time. Patriots radio guys would agree with you, Brockos deserved to get booed! ;)

As for special teams, I agree they likely would have still lost without all those gaffes, but the game would have been closer, and they may have been able to maintain a balanced offense - running and passing - and that would have reduced the need to rely on Brock alone to win the game through the air. I would think that without investing in the O-line, any Denver QB who is not Peyton Manning is likely to struggle...T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Not sure, but I recall that sometime in 2nd half that they called Von Miller's name, and then thinking, hmm, I haven't heard him called much tonight. I wonder if the huge contract they gave Miller has limited their ability to reinforce the O-line through free agency?
    T

7. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    #1157 PhilNotHill, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    Vance said 24 points attributed to special teams. OK 41-21 = 17. Den still loses by a point. Sad.

I just wonder how long this coaching staff is going to last. Wade Phillips at LAR not giving up very many points per game.

Please note: Vance Joseph has been a defensive coordinator for one year. It looks to me like he is over his head as Head Coach. This is very uncharacteristic for Elway. Seems to be working at LAR.

One possible issue, the OC was Head Coach at SD....last year. Maybe Vance should be reporting to him! Not that he has a winning record or anything, but they never lost games like these Broncos.

8. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Tonight we found out who mah-ree-oh-tah is. And Mularky. Sad.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Every time you think he's ready to step forward and become an elite QB, he throws a clunker like last night. Took too many sacks, threw too many picks...T

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A lot of rumors about Gruden going back to coaching, TB maybe Raiders maybe college. Frankly I don't care where he goes as long as he leaves the broadcast booth. He was OK when he started, but the last couple years he's been intolerable for me.

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He stunk last night.

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Like many announcers, he's kind of got a schtick going, and seems more interested in his own deal than the game. I'll watch Romo games, maybe, but stick with radio. They are unabashed homers usually, but at least you know what you're getting...T

13. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Gruden is the highest paid color announcer on ESPN at $5 million a year. Assuming he does a game every week plus the playoffs (not sure if ESPN does playoff games) . Including the Super Bowl that’s about 20 games. Let’s assume he works five days the week of a broadcast (he probably works only 2 or 3). That’s 100 days MAXIMUM. He has no owners or alumni breathing down his neck. Coaching is an all year job. And coaches get fired every 4 or 5 years on most teams. College recruiting is pretty much a full time job. And he has never been a head coach in college.

I suspect Gruden knows he has a great deal when he sees it.

I don’t watch games live so l can ff between plays, ads, time outs, injuries, penalties, etc. most of the time when l listen its the play by play guy so l don’t hear much of Gruden any way.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    True. Winston has not been much better with arguably better receiver talent. I just checked Wiki - and none of the QBs drafted that year are lighting it up, names like Sean Mannion, Garrett Grayson (?!?), Bryce Petty, Trevor Siemian, etc...T

15. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Another star out for the year. Kam Chancellor....and Sherman last week.

This is the worst season I've ever seen with respect to big names going down.

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  17. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm all fine with dancing after the touchdown, but these coreagraphed celebrations are really getting absurd.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^I kind of like the league chilling out and letting the players have a bit of fun. Some celebrations work, some not. Now if they could just define a catch, ratings would skyrocket!
    T

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm all good with the league not giving penalties for celebrating, because that was just ridiculous. But taking the time to actually plan out celebrations take away from the spotaneity of it all. It's just kinda lame.

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So the competition between two bad QB's, the victory goes to Savage. Shocked.

More injuries hit the Texans. :oops::confused:

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Houston wins, just like I predicted!
    T

22. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Benching Tyrod Taylor looking like a genius move thus far...T

23. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    :)

Go Lions!

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  25. PhilNotHill

Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Looks like a disaster. BUF losing 40-10 now. They don’t want to take a chance of making the playoffs. They want to run off their fans like CLE.

Oh yes...they had better get a qb. Doubt if they could develop a draftee. I mean Tyrone Taylor doesn’t seem to be getting better..
    In fact he has regressed. That being said...he hasn’t thrown an interception so far today. :)