How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton | Page 4 | FerrariChat

How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by P.Singhof, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How do you rate the driving skills of Lewis Hamilton

1. one of the worse in the field

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. average

2.3%
  3. above average

15.9%
  4. one of the best in the field

54.5%
  5. the very best in the field

27.3%
  1. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    I think the difference is:
    A. Is he a great driver? - Hell yeah!!!!
    B. Do you like him as a person/public figure? - mixed bag..

See there, problem solved :)!!!

Nuvolari likes this.
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Most drivers (of note) have a nickname here. Vettel is finger boy (or affectionally ''psycho'' by the people that don't really like him so much), Verstappen is called Maxine and so on.

We've got Hamilton fans continuously saying how much Vettel sucks (on a Ferrari forum no less) and they find it weird they get the reception that they do.

It boils down to a simple thing: If you support a driver that's not very well liked here (or any other marque specific forum), be a bit less insistent upon spouting how great such and such is. Worked for me when Vettel was hated here, still works for me when Verstappen is disliked here (very marmite he is here).

It's like owning a Mclaren and continuously posting in the 458/488 forum saying how much better it is. At some point people will get bored/upset with you.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    First of all thank you very much for your opinion.

Nobody says that everybody liking Hamilton is trying to convince us about his "greatness", this would be about the same generalization as saying the oposite that those who do not like him try to convince everybody else. If you watch the poll above you will see that there are a lot of people who rate Lewis highest who never made any fuss about it and nobody wants to take it away from them. If someone says he likes Lewis and he thinks he is the best in the field so be it. It is his opinion and he is certainly entitled to that. I never had a problem with one thinking different than I do...

What I have a problem with is unreasonable bias towards one driver that is expressed at every occassion trying to belittle other peoples opinion. Those are the people I would name "Group44", in football they would be called "ultras" or whatever. They simply do not accept a different opinion and therefore present their own opinion as "facts" rather than an opinion. In the moment you say this is fact you say yours is the only possible opinion as a fact is not deniable by definition.
    When you look back at the time is all really took off (toil/tesla comes to mind) you will see that the word "fact" is extensively used by them and this implies that everyone thinking different must be wrong and therefore they do not only express their opinion but they need to "correct the false view of the opposite".

I was accused for being a hater numerous times but neither did I give Lewis names nore did I start the bashing on him but more so reacted on in my opinion unreasonable posts and double standards normally.
    I think this thread is a very typical example of this forum lately. I started a poll about Lewis as I really wanted to know what people really think behind all this argumentations back and forth. And among the first to post here were two who did nothing but judging that a thread about Hamilton not started by them certainly must be with the intention of trolling. Soon the next came around and insinuated a weakness of character (jealousy) if you do not like Lewis for any reasons. Then one does reply on that and soon after running out of arguments he plays victim and claims being "jumped upon". So what did he expect? That he comes along, insinuates others and just leaves without others replying to that? If he did not have a discussion in mind why did he post in the first place?

That said I am still convinced that the only person that ever attracted that much blind followership like Lewis did was Schumacher and although I always liked him I did not like many of his fans either. If your boy can do absolutely nothing wrong then you are a "fanboy" and yes, this is a bad thing. But we are talking about people who have posted absolutely nothing else than praise for a single driver in a forum of a car manufacturer he has absolutely nothing in common with. So even if this is free speech one can still wonder why they joined this forum in the first place....

Sorry that this became a little longer...but be assured: if I only wanted to troll I would have managed to do this with a single-liner as well ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  4. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    If that were happening, it would be considered OT, and get deleted/moved.

Forums > Racing & Tracking > F1

And Lewis is a F1 driver.

If you don't care about a driver, then don't respond to posts about that driver. Post count extends in chains, no reply, no chain. To reply means you care.

There are drivers I don't really care about, I don't respond to posts about them, I don't write posts about them. Sometimes an incident relating to a driver I care about may cause me to relate their name, but that is it.

Posts breed posts, if someone doesn't like what someone says about Hamilton, and doesn't want to see it, the best course of action is to not respond.

I hadn't been making pro-Hamilton posts at all until this week, but the suggestion in another thread that anyone pro-Hamilton should be removed from the forum is onerous to me.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    P.Singhof ,I have no intention of trolling ,you are 100 % wrong in that .That is a FACT. yes i left the thread ,I still have to earn a crust.Please carry on ..i used to read your posts but this is getting slightly ridiculous .good night.

6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very good of you to see it's under the F1 section. Still a FERRARI forum.

Like I said before, there's nothing wrong with supporting another driver, I and many others do so, but respect the fact that this is still primarily a Ferrari forum, so post your views with that in mind. I've sat here for years as one of the very few Vettel fans whilst people here tore him apart, I didn't post extreme views (neither did the few other Vettel fans) and we all got along just fine. It's the same with Verstappen now...drives for the wrong team, has a few fans here, but we don't post extreme views as we they'll be unlikely to be received well.

There are Lewis fans here that get along with non Lewis fans, quite simply because they don't post extreme views and ram him down our throats at every opportunity.

daytona355 likes this.
  7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No one needs Elton rammed down their throats. It’s just not cricket

:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Moderation note:

There's something ironic going on here... o_O

Kizdan, by far the most trolling thing in this whole thread is your persistent accusations that it's a trolling thread. It's a reasonable poll to rate a current driver and there's nothing wrong with that. Please cease your rant about trolling.

While I appreciate that Hamilton debates can get a little exhaustive, it's very difficult not to talk about the F1 world champion.

Bas, I strongly suggest that you withdraw that remark.

All the best,
    Andrew.

jgonzalesm6, Bas and P.Singhof like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Good to know, but according to post 31 you might not even know that you are trolling ;)
    We still need his approval...
    Good Night

10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Noted, but I can't edit/delete it.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Fer312 This was a classic example of occasional heated post from me, hope you didn't take it too seriously mate.

daytona355 and NeuroBeaker like this.
  12. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I don't see fanboy as a negative, I am a Michael fanboy, I am a Lotus fanboy. I am becoming an Alanzo fanboy as well. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy.

I am also my wife's biggest fanboy!

bberg009 and daytona355 like this.
  13. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Thank you for your reply.

If I suggested that everyone who supports Hamilton is accused of trying to 'convert' the 'non-believers' I'm sorry, I did not intend that. What I did mean was that those who have been accused of doing that might simply have been expressing their opinion and not attempting to change the minds of non supporters. The same applies to those who are critical of Hamilton: I wouldn't dream of suggesting their motive was to convert Hamilton fans to be non supporters.

I think there are two sides to the argument and criticisms you ascribe here to some Hamilton supporters I would suggest apply equally to some Hamilton critics. Unreasonable bias, belittling others' opinion, presenting opinions as facts, all appear to me to be present on both sides.

I certainly wouldn't accuse you of being a hater, nor would I accuse anyone else of that. However I think it is interesting that you, a man who clearly considers himself to be logical, reasonable and objective, almost exclusively posts on one side of an argument that very obviously has rights and wrongs on both sides.

Maybe some people come here to troll. But some are Ferrari owners, some aspire to be Ferrari owners, some just like Ferrraris, most, I hope are F1 fans - but that doesn't mean they are necessarily fans of the Scuderia. I understand you accept that, I don't think all of the Hamilton critics do.

14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I know, it's amazing Nico managed to get so many, given he was being chastised by his own team every time he beat their golden boy, and told to move over for him. I think he did a great job, and if elton were such a star, surely, Nico wouldn't have managed 2, let alone 22, and certainly shouldn't have beaten him to a championship.......but he did, and that proves elton is an above average driver, and no more. Schumi never got beat in ANY SEASON of his proper career in wins or championships by a teammate, and even coming back to Mercedes in retirement, driving for kicks and in a crap car, he held his own despite the unreliability he suffered in the car, and of course a very quick teammate in the prime of his career.

Then again, elton smashed jenson........ oops, again, no he never, yet I hear no one claiming jenson is the best ever, or even top twenty ever, yet he held elton very well despite everyone being convinced elton should smash him out the park........

You know, the more you look at elton, if you take away the Mercedes car, his career has proven that he is merely a fast driver, who can, with coaching from pit-lane of course, win races and a championship. Luckily for him, he is in the right car at the right time, just the same as mansell in the Williams, Damon 'slow poke' hill, and of course jacques 'I can't sing for toffee' villeneuve

15. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    OK, cool

P.Singhof and Bas like this.
  16. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Why is everyone arguing here?
    The post should be? What do you think of hamiltons driving skills and give him a score from 1 to 10.
    Guess what people; i do not like hamilton that much either but he won the world championship by a landslide; anhilated his teammate and whilst he is no senna to me he has to pole record...
    The guy is good.
    You could argue alonso is equally good, but in his rookie season hamilton matched his performance.
    He completely killed bottas this year and is now a 4 time world champion.
    Hamilton is far superior to other drivers who were world champion mostly bc of their car see damon hill, see mika hakkinen...

So i dont like the guy’s personality but I envy his lifestyle and i must admit he is the best right now or one of them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P.Singhof likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Schumacher got beat by Irvine btw ...in 99...

18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Only due to half a season out with a broken leg, can’t really compare

sammysaber likes this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Ehhhrrr...you do know that Schumacher missed 7 races due to his Silverstone Crash and gifted the victory in his comback race to Irvine akthough having both pole and fastest lap in the very first race after his return???

daytona355 and sammysaber like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

Doesnt matter, he also got beat in 97 since he got disqualified for the all season after putting or trying to put villeneuve out...
    You guys have a short memory : as much as Hamilton is a brat and annoying he has not been nearly as dirty as schumacher was. Don’t get me wrong, great driver but totally unfair who won his 94 championship by a) being on a cheating bennetton team which got him suspended b)taking out hill in the last race... he was clearly the best driver but when i read some comments making him a saint...

So back to lewis he is great and that’s it. No point in denying his greatness.you dont finish within a point of a world championship in ur first year, tied with alonso if u are average like people think he is.

21. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    While it is a fact that Irvine out-scored Schumacher in '99, nobody would ever say they were equal level teammates. Irvine pissed away the season that Schumacher would have won handily (if not for the crash at Silverstone)

sammysaber likes this.
  22. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    He still earnt all his points that season regardless of losing them for one daft move, and Elton has crashed more people out of a race in one season than schumi did in his entire first career. Remember, mr selective, when he made a point of hitting massa every race because his girlfriend had a headache?

23. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    No one is doubting that Hamilton is good - just a couple of points - "completely killed Bottas" given Bottas' record against Massa isn't a big statement; Alonso was fighting against Dennis as well as Hamilton (credit to Alonso's mental strength), and I wouldn't put Mika in the same category as Damon.

But maybe that's just me.

Best,
    Sammy

daytona355 likes this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I also don’t remember anyone PROVING any season long foul play at Bennetton in 1994. Sounds fanciful to me, and is likely a story believed by those that hate to give schumi due credit for beating a superior car

sammysaber likes this.
  25. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Even Eddie Irvine would admit that he was not in the same league as Schumacher, which is a major complement as when you listen to Irvine he thinks he was better than anyone else...

sammysaber, ricksb and daytona355 like this.