Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote | FerrariChat

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

Discussion in '360/430' started by Drestless, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Cool or Cringe - Cast your Vote

1. Cool

2. Cringe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Hello fellow Raristi's!

In the wake of the "stock or modded" topic, I'd like to see where things are with the peeps here in this platform.

I picked a photo that would be a sample of a modded 360 (not mine, I just googled it). Will this make you say "Cool" or will make you "Cringe".

Cast your vote! :cool:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Fritz d'Orey and zipperkarting like this.
  2. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Cmon guys. Don't be shy. We won't know what you voted. ;)

It's anonymous.

3. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I know what a modded 360 that is approved by the majority here. A 360 with challenge grill, tubi exhaust, stradale wheels and more oem mods.

I purposely chose this one as an example to push the envelope a bit and see how open this community to borderline, none oem mods that still looks "clean".

Vote vote! :)

TAILWAG likes this.
  4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I wouldn't own it

350MH83 likes this.
  5. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Awful

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

350MH83 likes this.
  6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Not my favorite either, especially the wing. I could live with the black treatments (maybe)

7. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I voted for cool. whatever floats his boat.
    Funny, there are several other threads; one with a 430 body on a 360, one with a 430 becoming a 16M and there were so many "great job", man you're talented etc.
    So it depends on the day of the week, I suppose.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    The lines that make that car beautiful have been covered up...but I will say "cool" because the owner will lose 20K on that car (at least) and the next owner will get a stellar deal. Return the car to stock, and have a beautiful car.

Vulteroz likes this.
  9. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    thumbs down. I see nothing that improves on the original design. and I hate black wheels to boot.

350MH83 likes this.
  10. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I don’t know what to say. Cringe is vastly understated about how I feel with regard to that car.

11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I'd like to see more pics of it. I'm on the fence. There's things I like about it, and others not so much.

12. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    Is not for me, way to pimped up and I to don’t like black wheels.
    I’m not against mods tho, if I had 25k spare I’d like to do LEDs, scud bumpers, CF steering wheel with shift lights mod, Scud wheels, titanium wheel bolts, CF brakes etc etc to my F430 spider.
    Only issue is it adds no value and some argue I’d lose money and narrow my target audience for resale, main dealers wouldn’t touch it that’s for sure, yet I still want to mod it.
    We are complicated beings!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Cringe. Doesn't know what its trying to be.

Vulteroz likes this.
  14. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    zipperkarting likes this.
  15. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Lol. now this one is turned up a notch. Not even clean looking. I wouldn'f want myself seen on this one. But the one in the photo that I posted, though it's borderline I'll be ok driving it around.

zipperkarting likes this.
  16. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Looks like every decision is driven by resale, not by fun. No wonder Ferrari is not bringing back the gated because the demand will not be there for NEW gated. Yes, it's there for the used market because it can be an investment since it already deppreciated. But let's say Ferrari execs one day woke up not thinking straight and decided to bring back gated, the folks who are all over the gated in the used car market will most likely not even buy them. Why? Because worried about the depreciation a new car will go through on it's first few years. If we want them to bring back the gated, it needs to start with us not thinking of our cars as investments and also stop the resale focussed ownership.

I'll stop here, before my comment goes astray of the original topic. ;)

Keep the vote coming. Looks like "Cool" has a lot of catching up to do. :eek:

17. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    These are the kind of 360s and 430s that devalue the perception of the "entry level" Ferrari and generally embarrass the rest of us with the tastefully personalized cars.

Clearly folks who need to scream "look at me and what I'm driving". I have to wonder; Do these folks actually like these mods or is it the percieved attention they believe the car will get?
    Rhetorical question of course.

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I think its cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zipperkarting and Drestless like this.
  19. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Actually this one screams MORE "look at me and what I'm driving".

Noticed I said "more"? Because all Ferrari modded or not, already screams look at me to the masses. Ferrari's are sexy. It's always an event when you drive them. No matter how some folks wants to pretend they want to go incognito with it. C'mon guys. Lol.

Ferraris can never go incognito and blend in with the crowd.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    This is true. And I don't think anybody believes they will go unnoticed driving a Ferrari. A stunning beauty is always a head turner. I just don't see the need for cheap embellishments. Your right, the car gets enough "notice" pretty much stock. But make no mistake, that is not the reason I own my 360. And I really want to believe that is also the case with most here on the board.

Drestless likes this.
  21. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    The 360 had like 5000 hours of wind tunnel testing.... I think they boys in Maranello knew what they were doing.

22. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    :D
    Not everybody goes fast enough most of the time for
    aerodynamic forces, pressure distribution, or other aerodynamic-related characteristics like front and rear downforce to even start to matter. ;)

Another reason I can think of for wind tunnel is MPG but it's a Ferrari! If it does matter to a buyer, then they can't afford owning a Ferrari. :cool:

But I see the sarcastic point. :D

KC360 FL likes this.
  23. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I think what I like best about a Ferrari is they build the car as designed. When Pininfarina comes to them with a design. Ferrari says let's get to work.
    My biggest gripe with Porsche (and I'm still a PCA member) is they became bean counters.

24. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    and I'd bet these "modified" cars shown here perform below where the stock 360 numbers were--- All that add on stuff sticking out everywhere.
    Look no further than the CS to see what Ferrari deemed necessary on a 360 that was going to achieve speeds we seldom duplicate on the street (or track as a non-seasoned pro).

25. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Do you think it's still the case with new samples now? A lot are saying that Ferrari doesn't produce the best looking cars anymore. I kind of agree now with lots of players in the field like Koenigsegg, Mclaren, Bugatti and more. They have to up their ante and start producing the best looking cars again. Don't get me wrong, Ferrari is till good looking but look at the playing field.

Of course La Ferrari is there but man you have to spend mucho money for it and for that money there's a lot more awesome looking cars to choose from.

I'm starting to see the new Ferrari models (except the special editions) as a gentleman's car. More of touching the demographics of the Aston Martin styling. I don't think we want Ferraris to lose it's racing breed and become a gentleman's car. If that becomes the case in the future then might as we buy an Aston. Their cheaper. I can buy two Aston's for the price of one Ferrari.