Experience with CarCoon | FerrariChat

Experience with CarCoon

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by innerstrength1@, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. innerstrength1@

innerstrength1@ Karting

Jan 29, 2017
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Dan B
    Greetings fellow F-Chatters:

I live in Charleston, SC where there is generally high humidity and large swings in temperature. Currently my garage is neither insulated nor temp/humidity controlled so my cars are being stored in a car storage facility. However, I hate looking out into my garage and not see my cars there.

Does anyone have experience with the Carcoon out of Australia? https://www.carcoon.com.au/

If so, how has your experience been, and do you feel such a system would satisfy my air quality control issues without spending $30,000 + to re do my garage.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Many existing threads seem happy - simple search on Carcoon should work

3. Williamjweiner

Jun 6, 2017
    Los gatos
    Carcoon is a bogus patent infringement of my original patent by George Page of England. my Carcapsule patent pre existed carcoon by years. Carcoon added a 12” zipper claiming they offer an adjustable air flow thru the bubble ignoring my patent claim that the closure zipper that completely surrounds the Carcapsule providing infinitely adjustable air flow thru. I chose to skip taking the US Patent office to court and in stead lower my pricing and out sell carcoon by 10x. But the function is basic and was tested by Harley Davidson engineering in 1998 confirming “performs as claimed” Harley sold thousands over the past 20 years. the bubble provides a room within a room maintaining a constant temp In the bubble and the room it occupies, therefore no condensation, plus the filtered air passing thru the zipper teeth provides a powerful evaporation action. A quart of water will evaporate in several hours drying a wet vehicle. The non flammable water proof floor insulated the interior of the bubble from the moisture wicking from a cement floor that is the second biggest source of decay after the condensation caused by the outdoor temp rise and fall that can’t be matched by the room inside. Think of a glass of room temp water, now add an ice cube presto condensation. Both products perform perfectly and suggest you buy both and return the one you paid too much for. Check wwwcarcapsule.com

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I have just a regular suburban two-car garage. I just put a 2.5 ton HVAC system in, and it's good enough to keep the garage under 80 even in the summertime here in San Antonio. And the afternoon sun bakes my garage doors.

5. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Had two Carcoons and they were great products. My garage is pretty small so I just sealed and insulated the door (garage integral with the house) and use a dehumidifier. Garage never gets below about 10°C and keeps to about 50% humidity.
    The UK especially Manchester where I live is very wet and humid.