The Swiss Thread | Page 64 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    HansCH, Christian.Fr and F12KID like this.
  2. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Very cool!

3. MJR_HK

MJR_HK Karting

Aug 9, 2016
    HK & CH
    Good to see you in the Swiss thread Michael, fantastic images!

Switzerland is driving heaven - how wonderful would it be without speed limits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JariT and F12KID like this.
  4. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Hello everyone,

I would like to plan a good 2018 season and for that I need tips on car meetings, events etc happening in CH

Where are you guys going normally?

Looking forward to meet you all

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Hi Julio

Here: http://www.ferrari-drivers-club.ch/

Tourplanning for 2018 will be in January/February.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to join our small club.

Markus

6. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Congrats on the 488 Michael. You need to bring it back when the weather is a bit better :D
    Thanks on posting the pics

100badboy100 likes this.
  7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    If you happen to be in the Western Switzerland (in a place called Nyon, right between Geneva and Lausanne) on the first Sunday of any month, there's a meetup of car aficionados at a sports center parking lot. A few Ferrari's if you're lucky (including mine), but also many other vehicles, both old and new.

Always happy to answer more questions if anyone has them :)

8. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    :) thank you! Im based in ZRH but with good weather Ill be happy to reach any good meeting or tour

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  10. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi

Yes I was very carefull there....

But there are some lovely roads shame about the limits....

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    An 18-year old Swiss was caught yesterday speeding at 280 km/h in a 120 km/h zone on the motorway in Germany, near Basel. BMW, not a Ferrari.
    In Switzerland he would never drive a car again and for sure spend a few years in jail.

Marcel Massini

12. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Wow- I knew it was tough there but not that tough!

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Is the penalty severe?

14. Illogical

Illogical Rookie

Oct 17, 2017
    600 EUR, three months without your licence and your time as a "learner" get's extended by two years (over the usual two years). That's assuming you are a German licence holder. Him being Swiss it's probably just the fine?

15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.
    The Germans (by law) automatically inform the Swiss authorities and then........ good night.............He will walk for the rest of his life.

Marcel Massini

16. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Sorry, this might sound a bit antagonistic : what is it to the Swiss authorities as to what law you might break in the EU or anywhere else? How can they possibly punish you for something hat happened whilst abroad?

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Countries by law exchange information (EU and Switzerland back and forth), this concerns all financial stuff/transactions but also road issues (such as fines etc) and lots of other "problems".
    Under certain circumstances you can then get punished in your own country (Switzerland), either right here (Switzerland) or in Switzerland even a second time for the same "fault" or misbehaviour (after you had paid in the other country already). In terms of speeding in traffic (let's say in Germany) then Switzerland can revoke your drivers licence in Switzerland, even if the issue happened abroad, in another country (Germany).

Marcel Massini

18. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Good grief, I had no idea at all....thank you for the explanation

19. MJR_HK

MJR_HK Karting

Aug 9, 2016
    HK & CH
    Someone getting worried?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Losing your license for life is just awful. I believe something like that could severely hamper ones employment chances depending on the sector you end up in (as a Consultant, I really need my car, or I will be hampered by the locations I can comfortably get to when visiting clients).

I wonder if that would also extend to being 'in control' of a self-driving car? Surely ten years (or so) from now once level 5 self-driving cars exist, one could almost consider them in the same vein as public transportation. It may be your vehicle, but you're essentially doing nothing more than typing in an address and letting it do the rest of the job? So would you be restricted even from having this as your means of transportation? Just sounds so harsh... then again, a murderer could get locked in a prison for life, so that's also 'taking away' something from the individual (true freedom in this case).

Anyway... Many German cars are electronically limited to 250 or 280kph, so this being a BMW, I'm guessing he was flat out and possibly thought that the stretch of road was a delimited zone. Wonder if that would pass for his defense? If the zone was 120kph, then it likely was one of those highway stretches.

I love driving, I guess at that point in time (losing my license for life), I'd consider moving to another continent where Swiss laws don't follow and getting a new license *shrug* (and if I did something 'that' stupid, I had it coming anyway...)

21. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Oh, and for all my Swiss friends, stay safe this winter on the roads :)

22. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I have some questions on a document that came with my car when it was in Switzerland. Could someone clarify the following things:

1. What is this document used for?
    2. Box nr 14: What does "MUTVHC / 08,07,2008..." stand for and what date is that?
    3. What is the date in text box 38 ( 08/07/2008)?
    4. What can I learn from this document? Does this mean that a previous owner requested this info in 2008 to import it in another country?

Many thanks from Belgium!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Hi

This document called «Fahrzeugausweis» is the official paper that every car needs that is on the road. It goes together with the number plates. You don’t get number plates without a valid “Fahrzeugausweis”. In this case the document is a duplicate which has been cancelled by the authorities, so it is no longer valid.

Some info:

This car has been registered for the first time on 8.7.1982 (field 36) in canton Vaud (VD).

This document has been issued on 8.7.2008 (field 38) as a duplicate. May be the original document has been lost.

The car has been checked on 7.8.1982 (field 39) in Geneva (GE). This must have been for the first registration. You need to bring your car to the authorities to be checked every couple of years. In this field you find the dates of all checks (or of the latest check).

Sorry, no idea what “MUTVHC” stands for.

Hope this helps. I am sure there are others who know more about this than me…

Markus

24. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005

MUTVHC is just an internal remark by the authorities, like an abbreviation of somebody's name. It has zero importance.
    One small correction, Markus: One doesn't get a number plate in Switzerland without proof of insurance! THAT is key to register a car and then get a "Fahrzeugausweis" (Grey Card or Swiss title). Without proof of insurance you will never get a Swiss title.

Interestingly there is no chassis number (has been blanked off) and also the canton Vaud VD license plates are not fully listed.

Marcel Massini

25. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Yes, there is a VIN number on the doc for sure :)

Thanks for the information. But I still wonder in what context this duplicate was asked for and I assume that an owner outside of CH was asking for it.