California Tune? | FerrariChat

California Tune?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by dailyferraridriver, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Has anyone here done a tune to their california? If so, which company and did you notice a difference?

I'm looking at EVOMS and Novitec thusfar...

Thanks,
    Erik

2. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hey Erik,

We have always had good results with the EVOMS tune. If you are looking to further improve performance and enhance the aggressive exhaust note, utilize the tune with one our 599 X-Pipes.

Ferrari California Resonator Bypass X-Pipe - Fabspeed Motorsport

Ferrari California EVOMSit ECU Tune - Fabspeed Motorsport

3. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
  4. Ray Novak

Ray Novak Rookie

Nov 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ray Novak
    New owner of a California and the gear box speed sensor went out. Luckily the used dealer is paying for the repair. So I’m real frustrated at this point. My question is about the exahaust.

We live in Nashville and we have emissions testing. Will an aftermarket exhaust pass emissions?

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Count yourself lucky with your DCT sensor hiccup - it happened while the car was fresh off the lot! Nice to see your dealer own up to it.

Re emissions testing, I'm not sure about Tennessee and I still have to check this out myself but up here in Ontario, my tuner who is a well-established professional shop, told me that our exhaust certification will only be based on whether the O2 sensors throw a fault (while the car is being tested I presume).

He essentially said they no longer test actual emissions here. Again, I'm not sure if Tennessee authorities are doing the same thing but I have a full aftermarket exhaust system that I regularly drive flat-out with no sensor faults. Haven't tuned the ECU yet though.

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  6. Ray Novak

Ray Novak Rookie

Nov 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ray Novak
    Man, thank you so much. It was Prestige Lamborghini who has taken responsibility for it. They’re located in Miami. It was a scary event for sure. I️ flew back down to Miami and they’re working on it now.

Thanks so much for the information about the exhaust. They don’t do a visual inspection. It is just like you described it. Look for some kind of engine light and of course the O2 sensor would trip emissions.

This is my first Ferrari so I’m starting off in the hole. Please let me know if there are any other things to look for.

Clutch, Roof, fuel injection??

Thanks in advance.

Ray

7. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ray, most of the time newbie questions have already been hashed and rehashed many times... you should use the SEARCH function on the forum - it's amazing what you can find. ;)

8. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Very true. I’d suggest looking over all the pages in this forum. It was very helpful for me. And if you happened to buy the 2012 Nero from Prestige, it needed engine mounts as well so have them check those while they have it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app