Demuro Boxer | FerrariChat

Demuro Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Townshend, Nov 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    #1 Townshend, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2017
    Doug DeMuro just posted a review of the 512BB for sale in Dubai for those interested

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Cool cars. Good videos. Could have used more driving time.

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I wonder whats next for him.
    Let’s be honest his videos are cool but very simple. He uses a terrible excel sheet to rank them, he has tested so many that he repeats himself often.
    He has grown 1million subscriber which is awesome and i do hope it keeps growing but he needs something else and diversify his offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Liked his 575 SuperAmerica too ... :)

5. CarbBoxer

CarbBoxer Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2008
    Houston
    Full Name:
    PW
  6. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Change his formula? He is probably the leading automotive journalist in the world right now and has gotten there in only a few years. His videos routinely get MANY times more views than Leno's Garage, Motor Trend, or any other youtubers that I'm aware of.

He reviews cars the way a regular person would rather than just making it about power drifts and lap times around some track in a way that 99.9% of people will never use them.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Leading journalist in the world?
    Lol in the amateur world maybe ...
    Youtubing is not journalism; he is a passionate not a journalist.

I acknowledge he has progressed fast which is great but u are totally missing my point.

I am saying that he needs to renew what he does: how many times has he given us the review about the seatbelt being handed to u in coupes? The horn in older ferraris? The seatbel in older ferraris? The washer for the headlamps?

I am not saying the guy isnt good or friendly but the videos are becoming all the same, likewise people copying going to carmax to get a car quote... seen it a lot.

If u watch casually maybe u wont notices otherwise u will see the lack of novelty in what he is doing hence me wondering whats his next move?
    Right now i enjoy his friend’s hoovies garage reviews more. Its fresher.

8. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I wasn't much a fan of his review, he seemed too hypercritical of things like the horn sound & interior layout. No mention that the body panels were hand formed on a wooden buck & a true hand built sports car. Also how could ever confuse a boxer for a 308?

Kids these days have no appreciation for the classics.

crinoid and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  9. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I like Hoovie more too

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Because we want everything easy nowadays. I got a Testarossa and i love it; i love driving so much that i don’t care about any of the negative such as no power steering etc; however its not easy to drive or get to know... she requires work, not hard work but driving...i adore it , now i also have a s550 coupe and cl65amg and i equally adore those, how easy and sharp they are...
    My issues with newer car is that they are too videogame ish and too easy for a bad driver to drive fast and therefor make mistakes...

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Coincidentally to what we were discussing today matt farah said he is ending one takes...
    I truly think demuro has to have something new too otherwise he is heading the same direction. Listen to matt. He was the pioneer in this segment.

nickmb likes this.
  12. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I find his videos annoying. He’s got nothing on Davide Cironi.

MAD828 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Here’s how a video should be done - Cironi is passionate, DeMuro is just neurotic, judge for yourself:

http://youtu.be/uO8xRNSUXkg

crinoid and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  14. dradambbb

dradambbb Karting

Apr 24, 2016
    London
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Cironi in. DeMuro out.

Natkingcolebasket69 and cnpapa24 like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Cironi is awesome; he puts a lot of passion and effort in the editing!
    It takes time to do that!

MAD828 likes this.
  16. HansCH

HansCH Rookie

Mar 12, 2008
    Zuerich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I like the DeMuro BB Video. Sure - he is repeating his formula over and over which does not get more exciting, his drives are utterly meaningless and the 'point-system' is pointless for classics.
    On the other hand he does present a car well and you get a good lookover - that's interesting for me since I'm currently in negotiations for a BBI (in silver).
    Also there is not too much content für BB/BBI on youtoube so I'm jumping at everything that's properly done/presented.
    Agree that Cironi does the BBI far better.

But boy, does that car look cool in silver...

17. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I'm always amused when Doug goes on and on about some trivial point in an older car that was totally standard in the time the car was made. Like in this video, the tripmeter which sets all the tumblers together before you crank it back to zero. All cars did that in the 60s and 70s! He gave the car a 50 out 100, a very unfair score in my opinion, but still I'm glad he did the review. As Hans just pointed out, there is so little on these cars in publication and on line.

18. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He’s a hack.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Cironi accurately describes how these cars handle, and work at the limit. DEMuro drove one down the highway and floored it a few times.

20. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Exactly. Same as he does in every video.

21. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    To be fair 99% of exotic owners never do more than occasionaly floor their car for a few secs and then drive in traffic.

I also didnt get his whole footbox gripe, I mean who drives and stick shift exotic wearing wide sneakers. Personaly I prefer my boxer wearing top siders or better yet in socks where you can really feel the controlls. The pedals are hardley ofset, nothing compared to a Ct.

Demuro was right, its not a car you can push untill you really know it, I would say dont push in corners untill you have bonded with the car, and dont push really hard on roads you dotn know, at the limit there is not room to correct for mistakes. In other words its not a benign fool proof modern, you have to bond with the machine, but like an aircooled 911 rewards accordingly and does things other cars dont. Its a car where the front end, the rear end and the throttle are all part of the equation and you need to be able to balance and work all 3 forces to get max.

I would also say based on the way the car was bobbing during filming the shocks were shot.

What would be cool is a comparison to other relative classics, ie the v12 ferraris that came before as well as a 288.

22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    He totally misses the uniqueness/importance of the car.
    First production mid engined 12 cyl Ferrari.
    Last hand formed Ferrari.
    Last carbureted Ferrari.
    Boxer predated the 308 which "ripped off" the looks.

According to him drivability sucks.
    Please Doug; never test a 250 GTO or McLaren F1. Total ergonomic disasters.

And the Countach beats it in weekendability ? I'll have what he is smoking.

Doug; stick to cars less than ten years old or ones you truly take the effort to understand.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

To be fair i praise him for his work and how he progressed quickly.
    It is afterall a doug score so just his opinion;)
    Classic cars are under appreciated in it and he clearly has a thing for Porsche.

Also everyone says the 488 has the best steering/handling but doug seem to adore the hurracan and i disagree on that one.;)

24. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Doug is just some dude with a blog on Autotrader. He appears to shoot his own stuff (ie, totally low budget) and usually profiles cars for sale. That's one reason why he doesn't drive them hard. His niche is the "quirks" of each car; sometimes they're interesting, most times not ("OMG the turn signal indicator on a Maserati is the same as one from a Fiat!"). If his videos were half as long I think I'd enjoy them more. Also if he lowered his voice by an octave or more. :)

25. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Dougs an everydayman's car guy. Not a Ferrarista. He wasn't particularly fond of the 360 he had either.
    What you mention above is his shtick...he does it for entertainment value. He will also floor every car for about 4 seconds and get giddy like a schoolgirl about it. But I don't take his reviews too seriously, and as such find them enjoyable and look forward to them.