Enzo magazine | FerrariChat

Enzo magazine

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jm2, Nov 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    of2worlds likes this.
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Now where would you go to find a foreign car magazine on a Saturday morning?:)
    Not to mention 'pumpkin pie scones'!

3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    you guessed it......Pasteiner's!

of2worlds likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Since July 2017 I had tried to subscribe online to this new mag and it took no less than 16 emails back and forth with their "team". It was simply not possible as their website is so super stupid, I live in Switzerland and it was NOT possible to change the country, it always automatically selected Taiwan, which is in a slightly different area of this planet. I called them a couple times, it took me more than one month until finally they checked and fixed all their errors on their website, I can only say: amateurs, real amateurs.
    I finally had a friend of mine buy me issue #1 and he sent it to me by mail from the UK to Switzerland. Then because of all the troubles with their web people they sent me issue #2 a couple days ago. Only this week they had fixed most of the bugs and I was finally able to subscribe properly. Let's see if it really works.
    I really have to scratch my head and wonder if these Octane/Enzo people actually have any subscribers at all.
    Extremely frustrating and disappointing and we haven't even started to talk about the actual product.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I sympathize with you. I applied for a subscription as well and never heard back from them. I bought both Issue #1 & 2 locally at my auto book shop.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Working as a magazine publisher, this is unacceptable and I hope they get this sorted out.

7. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    How do you rate the product, Marcel?

8. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    I have heard word that they only plan four editions at the moment - nothing official but via a contributor.

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Wouldn't really surprise me if after 4 issues the (Enzo magazine) party is over already. Would at least explain the highly unusual behaviour or non-behaviour (lack of interest in really getting subscribers or possible total misjudging of the special Ferrari publication market). Mother magazine Octane is also going into the wrong direction now, with the very poor paper they are using now, especially the covers (paper material, NOT the photo) are so poor and cheap. It really is a shame. When Octane was Born (approx. 15 yrs ago) it was a great magazine but now? But back to Enzo magazine: Does the world really need another Ferrari publication? I mean, we have Cavallino, Forza, Prancing Horse, already plus I am getting at least 15 additional Ferrari club magazines regularly including from Japan, Australia, Austria, Spain, UK, France, Germany. South Africa, several Asians, etc.

As for Enzo magazine and the massive subscription issues and problems I fortunately have enough friends in the UK that can buy it for me plus I travel extensively and occasionally can buy it at WH Smith in Heathrow or elsewhere (if I actually want this mag). Enzo magazine is not available on newsstands in Switzerland where I live.

Just my 2 cents here, of course.

Marcel Massini

prober34 likes this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    BELOW zero.

Marcel Massini

miurasv likes this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    We have no auto book shops in our country and Enzo magazine, plus many other foreign car magazines, cannot be bought at regular newsstands in Switzerland.
    Since decades I have subscribed to at least 15 car magazines from all over the world and those that actually DO arrive at my door (some publishers only take my money........) often look like a Swiss cow had had it in the mouth before.
    Key points here are: distribution with proper network AND proper packaging. Switzerland really must be a third world country.

Marcel Massini

of2worlds likes this.
  12. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It isn't THAT bad and if it is that bad then why do you even want a copy at all? The second issue is better than the first, although still not great. But I don't get the feeling a great deal of thought or imagination has gone into it. Yes there are lots of other Ferrari magazines if you include all the Club publications but most of them are not very good and Cavallino only has about 15 pages in each issue once you subtract the adverts etc. I should think there probably is enough to say to fill a quarterly magazine, after all, there is apparently enough to say to fill hundreds of websites including this one but I suspect you'd need to try harder than this magazine appears to be to have enough of a following to thrive. (And I hate the title which is just as bad for a magazine as it was for a car, IMHO). I will likely buy future issues but as things stand I won't be too upset if there are only two more.

As for packaging etc. I don't know what goes on in the various postal services around the world. I cannot recall ever having a damaged magazine delivered in the UK but then when I used to get the World in Red yearbook (which went through the Belgian and French postal services, I think) it was always damaged even though the packaging itself was quite good. So no idea what was going on there and whether I've been lucky with the UK postal service or whether the way their delivery works is gentler.

Jonathan

Themaven and jm2 like this.
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    My dearest Jonathan

WHY I even want a copy at all? Simply because - as you know very well - I really and seriously collect every Ferrari (-related) publication since 50 years. And naturally I want everything complete and also undamaged. Talk about addiction.

Marcel Massini

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I knew as soon as I wrote it, what your answer would be! Long may your addiction continue.

Jonathan

Automoblog and of2worlds like this.
  15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No idea if this is interesting for you but if you PM me your address, I can send you a couple copies of my magazine. These are the two issues (so far) with a Ferrari on the cover.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I'll have to put special effort into the historic article I plan to write next year....

I agree with you about Octane, if Enzo is the same paper then my enthusiasm has waned a great deal. Poor paper quality just ruins everything for me, the pictures don't look great and the magazine feels horrible to hold. When I read and article I want to enjoy that car or that moment in time vicariously through the words of the writer and this is becoming harder and harder to find.

17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I think the paper quality is just fine

18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Thank you very much for the offer but I already have these two issues and others as well.

Marcel Massini

19. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    In general I like the sister magazine Vantage (which might be due to the fact that I lack really in-depth knowledge about the history and details of Aston Martin) so I had quite high hopes when a magazine dedicated to Ferrari was announced. But it adds nothing new to the overcrowded Ferrari market.

Really disappointing for me is that at least one article ("Marrakesh Express" by Harry Metcalfe) was already published before in Octane.

20. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    For me that is an issue, albeit a minor one. People buy this magazine for something different, not to re read old article already published in other magazines. Will find a copy on e bay, might be a better bet than trying to subscribe from down here in Africa...

prober34 likes this.
  21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Where do you live in CH? I used to live in Glion sur Montreux.. went to school there. my favorite activity ( 1989-1991 ) was to go down to the PTT / Station and look at the English language magazines - always had Autosport, F-1 and Cavallino there. sometimes other Auto Revue and Route In Pista . I used to go to the Tabac every week. just to check out the mags!

22. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm an original Octane subscriber - reader. I agree - the quality of the magazine has gone down, its the same articles you can find elsewhere, and frankly even the Contributions from Jay Lenno etc al are not always very good. the Ads have increased over the last couple of years, and the content falls short... what I used to love about Brit magaiznes used to be very detailed and had great perspectives. alas, I think those days are over. However I do like Harry 's garage! he's a cool cat!

23. doyler

doyler Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2008
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Colm Doyle
    I had to travel to the WH Smiths outlet in Dublin Airport to buy the first two copies as the newsagents that sell Octane and Evo refuse to supply Enzo !!! I thought the travel was worth it. I have every issue of Octane and Evo produced.

24. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

The magazine is available in Singapore. I purchased the first issue at the Changi airport.

25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    I actually found a copy in Geneva train station and had seen it in Geneva airport but was not impressed, it was done without much thought or effort. I have bought Vantage several times in Geneva and Zurich airports and enjoy it because I am more curious about Aston now but as another reader wrote, perhaps the fact that I don't know much about Aston is what makes the magazine look good.

Enzo I am unlikely to buy again. A lesser Forza and recent Fiat era Ferraris don't do much for me.

The one article I wrote for Octane a couple of years ago involved endless emails with a completely dysfunctional editorial office. There is a new editor in chief now so hopefully that side of things will improve.