DFW - 12.9.17 Hurricane Harvey Toy Run | FerrariChat

DFW 12.9.17 Hurricane Harvey Toy Run

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chewys5, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    This year has been difficult for the families of Houston. Christmas is always a hard time if you have kids you understand how important this time of year is. Come out and help us make their season better. You can be the reason these kids have a smile on their face Christmas morning. Just bring a unwrapped toy as admission. Let's see how big we can make this!! This will be a poker run starting at Prince of peace Lutheran Church the morning of 12.9.17 @ 9am.

If you cannot make it but would still like to donate we have partners all over the metroplex or email us at [email protected]

Here is a link for more details. https://www.facebook.com/events/121400905183406/?active_tab=discussion

Attached Files:

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Who: You !
    What: Annual Toy Run
    When: Saturday Dec 9th 2017
    Starting Point: Prince of Piece Lutheran Church - See attachment above for map )
    ## Back Parking Lot ##
    4000 Midway Road
    Carrollton ( down the street from Boardwalk Ferrari )

The route is a throw back to when Tillman or Don Rose were leading them..... actually , come to think of it, it may be one of the very first Toy Run's I ever went on!

Due to the ever increasing number of attendees it will be run Poker Run style with a starting point , 3 stopping points along the way, and the final destination for your final card.

It's a 2 hour +/- run , so be sure to show up with a full tank of fuel and a full trunk of toys!

We will end at a restaurant where you and your passenger can enjoy lunch before driving back into DFW!

Photos to follow!

S

3. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Thank you, for putting the route together!! You are the man!!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I'll be there with a few friends.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  5. kemist

kemist Rookie

Dec 5, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Full Name:
    Bob Pearce
    Thanks for continuing the spirit of Christmas. I will be there with additional elves!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  6. jeffb99tx

jeffb99tx Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I presented the event information to the Italian Car Club of the Southwest at our meeting last weekend. Email messages will also be sent to the membership shortly. I plan on attending and hopefully a few more from our group will join in. Thank you for putting this on.

Jeff

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  7. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    I'll be there

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  8. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    We're looking forward to it. Toys bought!!
    T

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  9. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Bump!! This will be something different!!

10. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
  11. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I have enough to toys to fill the back of a 328!

Sadly, that isn't really very many toys. :(

12. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Well that was 150 miles of fun! Will post some pics later, just got home.

I can say without reservation that Robs new car is damn fast and sounds awesome. On the last leg of the run we had the whole road to ourselves at least until he ran off and left me. Then I had the whole road to MYself. Amazing difference in a modern car vs. a 30 year old dinosaur. I was pushing as hard as was comfortable and he just pulled away. :)

Great roads, great run, great cause.

baschul likes this.
  13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That was fun fun fun and all for a good cause! Got the p-bug just in time as it was perfect for this rally. Thanks to Steve, Shawn, and all the volunteers for a great event. Jennie and I liked everything from start to the great lunch.

Start.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Lake Ray Roberts dam "Bonneville"

What, it wasn't a race 3rd and 4th?

baschul likes this.
  14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Saint Jo?
    T

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    yes

16. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Was an awesome time out there guys, some really brisk driving with some really cool people. Great to meet some of you, hopefully I’ll get to meet the rest. (I was the guy with the gray 458 btw). Looking forward to seeing the pics!

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you won the rally! need a podium celebration. ;) the white GT3 was with you awhile until a wrong turn. :D I hit the corners hard, but don't like to do more than 125 straights. reason I slowed down time you passed me there was that white cop car, but when you passed it going 150 I realized it was long retired and in private hands. :D

18. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Hahahaha. Yea it had Louisiana plates. I love driving that car fast. The White GT3 followed me a little too close I think on some of those roads and took a rock to the windshield and turned back home. That’s what some of his friends told me. That was a damn nice car too. Lol

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he was sticking to you tight. I saw in rearview a car sticking to Jim tight so when he moved over to miss pot hole at lake it nailed it. We all spaced out quarter mile that chip seal area throwing all the rock up. over the years I've seen cars require complete new front paint from a single rally following too close. :)

overall I thought everyone pretty safe and didn't see anything too bad. I am usually pretty critical of the driving on rallies as I go 125 mph myself. :D. There was one car in the Audi group that made a bad pass requiring oncoming to slow down a little and flash lights. I've seen worse though cars going to shoulder etc. passing on rallies is not a grey area, it is absolute black and white no risk taking, the pass can either be done or not. you can officially join our group with jimpo :D, notice we parked seperate and got out early. We like to drive HARD and worse thing is getting stuck behind traffic. Plan only worked a little this time we got held up at light so long going Park that about 10 cars going after us International got in front.

20. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad
    Yea the C63 that was with me was taking a few too many chances with oncoming traffic. Drove one off the road at one point

21. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    #22 jimpo1, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    And the C63 had 3 passengers! I'll gladly move over and let that one go. I drive hard and fast but draw the line at stupid and I've seen WAY too much stupid over the years. Steve F reminded me that I've only missed one toy run over the years.....

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I did some research for fun, first toy run was 2005. This was #13.

23. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Great run, particularly FM455 west of I35 into St. Jo. First time for me on that stretch. Been so busy that I have not driven the 360 in about 3 months, but she ran like a champ.

baschul and rob lay like this.
  24. dc3843

dc3843 Karting

Dec 13, 2014
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    David Conrad

Agreed. I love to drive fast there’s just some **** I won’t do