1960,s live axle Maserati bend straps | FerrariChat

1960,s live axle Maserati bend straps

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by JulianMerak, Nov 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Hi,
    I’ve been trying to find new leaf spring band straps for my Ghibli and so far have failed. I am therefore planning to reproduce as perfect a replica as I can by laser cutting new copies. I hope to get a set of four cut for $50 or so. Would these be of interest to any other owners. The black samples here will be templated and then cut from fresh steel. The other image shows a new old stock example shown in its bright finish bought from the factory back in 1985 or so

Julian

2. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

I’m not sure if anyone is interested but I now have costs for these and a set of 4 short, 4 long straps will be $50 Us plus postage costs. I’ll post images when I have cut them, my initial order will be 20 sets of which 7 sets have homes

Julian

3. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Yes , I would be interested in a set for my 69 Ghibli. Please count me in for a full set, thanks for taking the time and efforts to have these made. Fantastic!!

Just sent a PM for details.

Chris Rose

4. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Thanks Chris,

I'll post images when the first batch is cut and show them compared to the originals. I am told it would be good to plate these after they are bent rather than before to protect the metal better.

Julian

5. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

6. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

I just got quotes for posting these. A single set will cost under $63 including postage to the US at current exchange rates including a set of 8 straps ( four shorter, four longer )

Julian

7. lussoman

lussoman Karting

Sep 7, 2008
    Hi Julian,

Can I send you some money for a set of the spring straps for the Ghibli. I looks like you have progressed in the fabrication, are they ready to go?

Thanks,
    Chris

8. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

Hi Chris, I sent you a personal message, I have these ready to send and have posted 7 sets so far [ 2 to the UK, 5 to the US ]

Julian