QP1 or QP2 ? | FerrariChat

QP1 or QP2 ?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by tolissoff, Nov 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tolissoff

tolissoff Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wonder if one of you fine and knowledgable fellows may be able to expand mine.
    Tipo AM107 and Chassis number 1292
    Can anyone clarify what year and model this would have been?

Cheers

2. Arvid

Arvid Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 28, 2012
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Arvid Andersson
    Hi,

I think 1292 should be a 1967 series 2 QP1.

Good info found here : www.tipo107.com

3. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Hi, has 1292 resurfaced? 27 years ago, its engine was in a Ghibli, sold by Butler Motorcars. Do you know more about its current whereabouts? It would be great to have new information on www.tipo107.com from you.

4. tolissoff

tolissoff Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    Many thanks Arvid and Alfieri.
    I really appreciate the feedback and the link to Tipo107.com
    1292 has not so much resurfaced as become a phoenix.
    I have been building a tribute Tipo 151-003 car for a few years now and we are closing in on a completion.

A friend had obtained the QP1 S2 (AM.107*
    1292) as a donor car (chassis) for another QP1 he was restoring. The remains of that car have been destroyed, but not before some key pieces were removed and retained which I have been able to incorporate in my project.
    I think it can now be reborn as Maserati AM107*1292, albeit significantly modified.
    When I get a chance, I'll post a few pics of its progress. It has been quite the project, trying to make sure the parts used are correct to period and the details we've managed to source from Willem Oosthoek and others. It is being built primarily as a race car, but we hope to also obtain Low Volume Road Vehicle certification here in New Zealand, which would then allow it to be used on the road in the USA/Canada and UK/Europe.

Driving it on country roads to the track, then racing and driving it home afterwards is the idea. Keep it old school!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. alfieri107

alfieri107 Karting

Dec 4, 2011
    Hey, that's a great achievement, great car, I wish you'll have a lot of great moments in it! May I use the picture for www.tipo107.com?

6. tolissoff

tolissoff Rookie

Apr 2, 2012
    New Zealand
    ==============

7. fidjeland

fidjeland Karting

Aug 6, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Jan Fidjeland