10th Annual Toy Drive - Durham Rescue Mission - December 2nd | FerrariChat

10th Annual Toy Drive - Durham Rescue Mission - December 2nd

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Owens84QV, Nov 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Ladies & Gentlemen, we are at that time of the year again!!

On Saturday December 2nd, with the generous help from our local PCA colleagues, Porsche Southpoint, and Leith VW, we will be holding our 10th (10th!!!) Annual Toy Drive for the Durham Rescue Mission.

Our Toy Drive has become the primary source of Christmas presents for the boys & girls at the Durham Rescue Mission...so please, be generous! With your incredible gratitude, the kids at the Durham Rescue Mission can have a Christmas that most of us take for granted.

The guidelines for a Christmas present are as follows:
    - Boys & Girls ages 12 and under
    - Please make sure the gift remains unwrapped

Event Details:
    - Toy Drive Location: The Triangle Area PCA (thank you Tom Roos!) has again for this year offered Porsche Southpoint (122 Kentington Dr, Durham, NC) as the Toy Drive location. >>Enter from Rolando Drive!

- The PCA Cars & Coffee starts @ 9:00-9:30, and, we plan to have the truck from the Durham Rescue Mission arrive around the same time.

- For those in the Cary / Apex / Holly Springs / Fuquay area, we will be meeting @ Leith VW (2300 Autopark Blvd., Cary, NC) at 8:00AM, departing there by 8:30AM sharp.

A very sincere and HUGE "Thank You!" to everyone in advance for helping with this toy drive! We look forward to seeing everyone out there! You guys are awesome!

See you all on December 2nd!

Cheers!
    Keith Hall, Tom Roos, Jack McCausland, and Greg Owens

2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Hello everyone. Giving this a bump. Talked to the Durham Rescue Mission yesterday. Although many of us are enjoying a good year, the families in contact with the Durham Rescue Mission are struggling. Please help brighten a kid's Christmas by joining us at the annual toy drive and donating a toy. If it weren't for this toy drive, there are some children who will not have one gift this holiday season. Thanks for your consideration, and hope to see everyone December 2nd.

3. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Looking forward to it- I'll be there again this year with another trunk full of toys!

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mike...thank you!...as will we! Looking forward to catching up and seeing everyone!

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas!

5. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    We will be there too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    We have loaded the trunk with toys and waiting until the 2nd. Susan and I will be there.

7. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you Woody. This is always a great day and a wonderful cause. The Durham Rescue Mission is constantly recognized for its professional management, low administrative costs, and success with its clients. The kids who will benefit from the toy drive didn't ask for their situation...let's all help them have a merry Christmas.

8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Mike and Robert..will be great to see you at Porsche. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

9. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Just a few days remaining before we gather on Saturday morning. Fill those cars up!!

jackson likes this.
  10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Met up with Howard Stanton today for a "toy handover", since he may not be able to make it. Thank you Howard for your huge generosity!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    amazon is dropping off a bunch tomorrow to fill up my trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owens84QV likes this.
  12. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you Gentlemen. Hope we see you Howard....

Owens84QV likes this.
  13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Weather is looking beautiful for tomorrow! See everyone @ Porsche Southpoint.

Jack...I'll meet you @ Leith VW at 7:45!

jackson likes this.
  14. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland

Looking forward to it! - Rusty's going to pick up some coffee and donuts on the way in.

15. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
  16. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow; We will be in Cary around 8 am.

17. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Keith, Greg, Tom, Jack, thanks for organizing this great event! We had a good turn up, and as always, tons of donuts (thanks!) and gifts to share.
    Looking forward to seeing you all next year..

18. jackson

jackson Karting

Dec 3, 2007
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Jack McCausland
    Great seeing you Robert - and your beautiful car. It really turned out perfect! Hopefully we can do some more meet-ups soon.

19. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Thank you for supporting the cause Gentlemen. It was a fabulous day. Awaiting final count from DRM but another record year I'm certain. Greg Owens, you are a good man.

jackson likes this.
  20. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #20 Owens84QV, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    OK...I've had a chance to digest everything that transpired yesterday, and to let everything sink in.

A HUGE "Thank You!!" to Tom Roos, Porsche Southpoint, and all of their Porsche Southpoint staff for hosting our 10th Annual Toy Drive in First Class style. For those whose missed the event, you missed an awesome morning with a complete breakfast, sweets, and Irish coffee!

I am still speechless with respect to the enormous generosity from Jack McCausland and Leith VW as well as those with Hicks VW, and 'air-cooled' gang. You guys & gals ROCK! Just when the toy area around the tree was already busting at the seams, you guys and gals arrived and added another 5 feet around the perimeter. A special 'thank you!' goes to Michelle (I didn't catch her last name) who arrived in her decked-out Christmas VW bus completely full of toys and stuffed animals!

In total, there were so many toys around the tree, it took a group of 30 people around 20 minutes to load them all in the truck!

Thank you Keith for organizing the logistics with the Durham Rescue Mission!

Thank you to Mike who travelled all the way from Fayetteville as well as Howard who journeyed from Winston Salem, I am humbled by your willingness to drive 2-3 hours to help these kids...thank you!

Thank you to Lee Hill who brought his Lamborghini Countach...yes like always, there was a mod surrounding your car!

My biggest regret is I didn't have enough time to tour the parking lot to see all the spectacular Porsches that were brought...there were some truly incredible cars on the lot!

Lastly, 'Thank You' to the Ferrari gang who came our and represented this marque. We had a seven cars that attended: a 488GTB, 488 Spider, 458 Spider, 430 GTB, Mondial T, 328 GTS, and 308 GTS.

Sorry for the shortage of pictures...it was a very busy morning.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Amen, Brother!

22. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    You always miss the event when you are putting it together - I know from experience - one minute its starting and then next you tun around and its over - good work

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Amen! It's almost like a wedding..scurrying around to make sure all is going to plan, then Keith asks if I can say a few words over the mic, then Keith speaks...gifts were loaded and we were done! Flew by too fast!