Battery 430 | FerrariChat

Battery 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by kurtflies12, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kurtflies12

kurtflies12 Karting

Aug 13, 2015
    Tx
    Had my 2005 on the charger for a few weeks but when I attempted to start her there was nothing. No lights bells or whistles. Is there a recommendation on batteries? anything I need to know about replacing it?
    Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    How old is your battery?

Is its over 3 years old I highly recommend removal and replacement asap.

Lots of threads on battery removal and replacement. Just kindly do a search.

Sorry I'm currently unable to send thread links.I

Dan

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just get a decent one, be carefull connecting the cables as not a lot to work with.
    Put some insulation tape on the small socket u use on the 12 v positive connection bolt, so u dont short it on the brackets

5. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Same here, just went to run the '08 430 through a warm up cycle and ......nowt doin!

Now I get why vodaphone (UK tracker) were trying to contact me the other day, even though my car hadn't been touched....doh!

I will now spend a few hours reading battery threads (specifically UK available types).

My car is still under a remainder of Factory warranty (1 yr to go), as a consequence hopefully I don't have to get the battery replaced by an F dealer.

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Ferrari OEM battery costs mega money and the ferrari cover does not include it, so you will be buying that yourself. Varta are a good one

whatheheck likes this.
  7. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    To remove old battery: disconnect negative battery cable first, positive cable second.
    To install new battery: connect positive cable first, negative cable second.
    No chance of sparking or shorting the battery if you follow the above. :D

whatheheck likes this.
  8. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    To add to the above, before you do anything, turn off the battery switch in the front trunk. Turn it back on only after the battery has been installed.

9. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Just bear in mind the battery switch is in the negative line and only breaks some of the negative connections

10. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    I think the battery switch breaks all the negative connections with the exception of the alarm siren.