Help please - Certificate of Conformity | FerrariChat

Help please - Certificate of Conformity

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by ONSilver, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    I want to send my 2002 Spyder (Canadian spec car) to either France or the UK. I need to provide a Maserati Certificate of Conformity for Europe, in order to import and register it there.

Maserati Head Office said ask your dealer. I did, and they said they can't and ask Maserati.

Suggestions on contacts please, and where does I go from here?

Many thanks in advance! Oliver

2. boralogist

boralogist Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2005
    Hi---Look at services like this; many out there:

https://mycarimport.co.uk/import-process/importing-a-car-from-canada-to-the-uk/

Hope it helps.

Regards.

3. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thanks, it does help.
    Had been previously in touch with www.shipmycar.co.uk who were quite helpful.
    Still getting the run around between Maserati NA and the dealer on the Certificate, if not resolved will have to start Plan B - whatever that will be!

4. Foncool

Foncool Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2011
    Unfortunately Maserati North America is now being run by Chrysler personnel, they don’t know anything about the current Maseratis yet alone models built over 10 years ago and they could care less.

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Even though your car is not yet a classic per se contacting Maserati Classiche at the factory would be your best bet.

[email protected]

If things prove too much of a headache after this research (a French client of mine who moved to Quebec got a big NO from Audi Canada when he wanted to bring in his big current one...my father was CEO of BMW France 1983-88 and they used to take a dim view of people going to Belgium to buy a cheaper one...not being helpful with paperwork...standard industry practice...) then sell your car at home and buy an identical one in Europe, Germany is a good bet they have the mandatory safety TUV annual test so cars there are usually in better shape than southern Europe but not always.
    Good luck:)

MS

6. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thank you Nembo1777 and Bay! I will follow your suggestions and update you all! Let's hope this is not too frustrating! Many thanks!

7. bay

bay Formula 3

Mar 13, 2011
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bernard
    For COC
    Maserati West Europe SA - 2 rue de Messine, 75008 Paris 8e - 0156434930

8. ONSilver

ONSilver Karting

May 26, 2008
    Oakville, Ontario
    Thanks Bay! I will contact them and let you all know how it hopefully works out. Many thanks Oliver

9. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    I ordered a few Ferrari and Maserati COC's directly from the Fiat head office in England, Slough I think.

I had no trouble, it was routine. The cars I bought in Europe and brought to the UK, I don't know how that effects a Canada car coming to the UK. But give them a ring ..........