Help with original colour... | FerrariChat

Help with original colour...

Discussion in '308/328' started by ryanbushell, Dec 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryanbushell

ryanbushell Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Hi all,

I am looking to take my Euro Spec 308 #49185 back to the original colour, but was wondering who I can contact to find out what colour it was originally delivered in? I have tried the local UK Ferrari dealer but to no avail.

All help appreciated,

Ryan

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    If the car was originally delivered new in the UK, your best bet are the archives of the former "Maranello Concessionnaires". Our UK members will probably chime in in a few minutes with the name of the person who has access to this.

Rgds

3. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Thank you for the quick reply. I probably should have specified a little further. The car is LHD, I purchased it in the US about 2 years ago, and I believe it was originally delivered in Italy.

4. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Ouch; that will make the search (much) more difficult...have you already looked for the usual tell-tale places, like inside of the doors, etc?
    You can also try the factory itself, but usually they do not go into that level of detail, or send you back to your local dealer, who doesn't have the info...

Rgds

5. ryanbushell

Mar 25, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Ryan Bushell
    Yes, that is precisely my reason for trying to find out the original colour. It is currently red, but showing a very light blue, possibly Azzurro Met (FER 502/C) in a few places. However, I wanted to find out the original colour and go back to that. Thanks again

of2worlds likes this.
  6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
  7. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Call the dealer, order a letter from Ferrari for $300 which will confirm colors.

8. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    More work, but, remove door panel and have a look inside the door. Many that do a respray don't spray the inside of the doors. You could be lucky!
    /Peter

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Contact Tony Willis, he has the archives for most of the cars sold in the UK, for a small fee he will let you have copies of the original sales file.

10. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    That's what came to my mind initially...except that the car is a Left Hand Drive QV sold new in Italy, so it won't work...

Rgds

11. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Yes concerning car sold new in UK ! But this one was delivered new in Italy.

May can the OP contact ASI ?

12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It’s Red!:D

13. oporto328

oporto328 Karting

Sep 3, 2002
    Oporto - Portugal
    Full Name:
    André Ferreira Costa
    My 328 was originaly sold in Germany and came to Portugal in 1997. Still, Mr. Tony Willis was able to provide delivery information (AutoBecker Germany) and original color specs. He sent me a letter with this info for a small fee.
    It's worth trying.

14. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand
    Interesting. What kind of information please ?