The best 4-seater or 2+2 super car ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The best 4-seater or 2+2 super car ?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Jordan68, Dec 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Forget all the objective performance numbers. Mercedes, RR, and Bentley do nothing for me. I barely even notice a Mercedes when I'm out and about. RR and Bentley are special, but I'm not interested in a sensory deprivation chamber on wheels. Maybe you want anonymous luxury, but not me. I want to be in a red FF.

2. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I personally think the new Lambo Urus is really going to change the high-end SUV/SAV (FF/GTC) landscape. Win for VW and Lambo!

Attached Files:

Jordan68 likes this.
  3. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Agreed
    Especially as the price is to be in the sub 200k from what I have heard

4. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Apart from all that you don't see many GTC4 Lusso taxis whereas in most parts of the world nearly all taxis are Mercs and nearly all Mercs look the same.
    And another point I could buy a watch from any trinket shop that would tell me the time in four time zones, be an excellent stop watch, keep far better time than the one I actually wear but that ain't the point.

Chalk and cheese but if the cost is everything then comparisons make sense but this is Fchat not a comparison website..........or am I missing something?

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I hope it grows on me but right now i find it utterly ugly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

My problem with the ff and lusso is its back it looks like a Fiat. Its not to me all that pretty.
    Now behind the wheels it is great and looks are of course subjective but i just am not a fan of its rear end.

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    If you don’t like the rear end don’t marry it

F2003-GA, Makuono, FFantastic and 2 others like this.
  8. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    This thread is starting to remind me of BrianL

dustman likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I agree, the FF is not a pretty car. It's kind of brutal, actually, but it's also an amazing performer. Faster around a track than a 599.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    I would add the Aston Martin Rapide and Maserati Granturismo. The Maserati doesn't have the speed or lightness, but it makes up for it in spades with style and exhaust noise.
    I quite liked the Ferrari 612 as well for a 2+2.

11. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nobody likes the new Panamera Turbo?

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :eek:

13. LuxLife458

LuxLife458 Rookie

Jan 12, 2017
    What about the 612? Not as much cargo room as the FF or GTC but still can hold 2 golf bags and two adults in the back? I'm searching for one right now actually.

'05-'06 612 Owners...Would you buy one again?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=9080&share_tid=565284&url=https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/index.php?threads/%2705-%2706--612-Owners%2E%2E%2EWould-you-buy-one-again%3F.565284/&share_type=t

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Roland1688, uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have had my FF for 2 months now after countless BMWs, Mercedes, blah blah. The FF and I would imagine the GTC4 are exceptional and fun to drive. Mercedes and BMW's are great cars as well but no offense - boring in comparison. How often are you drag racing your daily driver? Never...

Ferrari's, all of them are never the fastest in their respective categories but generally do everything very well. Try taking a turn at pace in a CL, it is not pretty.

The Ferrari is great to drive and just cooler in every way. Only downside is the nav, radio and other amenities that the newer cars have are much better but that hasn't been an issue for me so far.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Quite often they are.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I don't know about that and quite frankly it really doesn't matter.

17. LuxLife458

LuxLife458 Rookie

Jan 12, 2017
    Do you daily drive it? How many miles per year do you plan to put on it?

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I do, so far no more than 500 miles/month as I have a few other cars. I will take the FF anywhere I can safely park it and the roads aren't jacked up. For those trips I use my SUV. Only downside is that it sucks fuel. If you are cruising on the highway then you might get close ~20mpg, maybe a little better. Around town it is about half that and worse if you step on it.

LuxLife458 likes this.
  19. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    +1

I had 5 AMG over the last 10 years and some normal Mercedes and hooked up
    by my last, a W222 S500, with the comfort and silence :D and recognize
    that a AMG give me too much disadvantages and the normal models satisfied me more in daily use.

Unfortunately they stop 500 models in the E class line so i went this time with the actual E400T, full, and it is a great daily rocker and for me it works better than the AMGs because also with their high power and gimmicks they are far behind a Ferrari when it comes to driving pleasure and emotions and their loudness and sporty charakter didn't work for me that good daily. :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Nope, still an ungainly car and the hatch back isn't much better looking.
    Looks aside though I'm sure it's brilliant.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I agree the Panamera still is not the best looking car out there. The FF has been mentioned in this thread so... I didn't think ugliness was a criterion.
    The new Panamera turbo is a beast and 4 real seats, executive version even adds reclining. IMO the Panamera sport wagon is the best looking.

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree the Panamera is a fantastic car. I actually prefer the regular model to the wagon, but thats just me. I have gone through the list of AMG and M cars and I also got tired of artificially exaggerated exhaust sound and overly hard ride all the while worrying about wheels and tires. Though I should say the FF has a reputation for being tough on its wheels and tires. I have come to the place where I like the normal E, 5, S, 7 cars- they are so good.

-CD- likes this.
  23. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Yes, pumping artificial exhaust sound through car's stereo system is not my cup of tea. M cars did it first but I was more interested in AMG at the time. Then when AMG followed suit, I knew it wouldn't be long before I leave them.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

I am the biggest advocate of the CL and own ferraris.
    I will agree corners are not their strengths but long term reliability, daily usage, price used, highway speed and comfort are at least on par with ferraris.
    The cls have had 600+hbp for 12 years now. The comfort and refinement of the mercedes is much higher. When have u seen magic sky, scanning road cameras, autopilot on a ferrari?the new s coupe will also park u if u fall asleep at the wheel& quite frankly on the highway the ferrari isnt that incredible...now on a twisty road and when u rev it up, absolutely!
    Also how Many cls do you see with 100k +miles? A lot, ferraris are more for occasional drive. U dont see that kind of mileage on a ferrari very often.

Bottom line is i fully agree the ferrari is EXCELLENT and EXCEPTIONAL; dont get me wrong but i just can’t justify its price . Is it the better car? Performance wise ? Yes. Convenience wise? No

All depends what the person is looking for in my opinion.

25. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    [QUOTE="Natkingcolebasket69, The comfort and refinement of the mercedes is much higher. When have u seen magic sky, scanning road cameras, autopilot on a ferrari?the new s coupe will also park u if u fall asleep at the wheel

I understand why you need a tool if you fall asleep at the wheel when driving the Merc