Correct Nose Badge | FerrariChat

Correct Nose Badge

Discussion in '308/328' started by rjlloyd, Dec 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    #1 rjlloyd, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Hi all

Can anyone tell me which is the correct (if either) nose badge for my 81 GTSi ? One I removed from the car when I stripped it for painting (bottom badge and has the squarer ‘e’ and oval dot on the’i’) and the other I purchased as NOS reportedly correct for 81 model ( rounder ‘e’ thinner text and square dot for the ‘i’) Original bottom one is secured by single bolt , the new (top one) by two bolts, car has two holes for badge so I’m guessing the new replacement is correct but looking for confirmation Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
  3. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
  4. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Thanks guys , that confirms to me the rounder ‘e’ is the correct font for the period. Interesting that all of the cavallino’s appear to have differences

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have never noticed this before

6. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    I had to go downstairs and check my car because I would never have thought the roundy one was correct - guess what I have...you learn something here every day.

7. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Back in the 80's there were at least 2, maybe even 3, suppliers of cloissone bonnet badges. Each supplier most likely created their own artwork. At that time the factory was not so much concerned with the brand identity being consistent so there was some artistic freedom.

8. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    The early badge with the round "e" has a hollow backside and two studs. This is p/n 60043007.
    The later style with the squarer "e" has a solid back with two sided tape and two studs. This is p/n 60795400.
    The change was around late 1982 or early 1983.

4re308 likes this.
  9. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    It is very interesting to look at the nose badge over the years. There are subtle differences over time. Next time you see an older model from the 50s or 60s compare that to your badge. Horsey is a bit different. Type is a bit different. If you just give a quick glance the badge looks the same forever, but it's not...