Maserati with shields!? | FerrariChat

Maserati with shields!?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by italiafan, Dec 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sorry about incredibly bad photo, phone camera has a crack...but I saw this last night and just couldn't believe it...
    Yes...that is a perfectly beautiful Maserati Granturismo Convertible with Ferrari Shield stickers on the side!
    OMG.
    :confused:
    (Sir...if you are on this site...please remove them...:))

bberg009 likes this.
  2. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

LOL

3. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Insecurity with a capital "I"

4. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Shields are gaudy,garish,gauche. They are bad enough on Ferraris.

tomc likes this.
  5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

With all due respect, I along with a majority of Ferrari owners completely disagree!

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I too think the shields on the wings (fenders) are completely unnecessary. The shields are for competition cars. And no, your road car is not a competition car!

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I like the shields on mine. It completes the look.

The Cavalino on the steering wheel. Now that's GAUDY. You know you're driving a Ferrari right? ;)

I'm 360 Canuck, bberg009 and Viperjoe like this.
  8. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    Those large emblems spoil the lines of a beautiful body design. Compare side shots of Maranellos,360s,and Fiorinos with and without.

vrsurgeon and tifoso2728 like this.
  9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    So do the rear tail lights and that big silver horse in the middle of the rear grill.. :)

I like to think of them like a pearl necklace on a beautiful woman. She's gorgeous in her naked form... but the pearls just add an aura of class and mystique. :)

10. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Pearl necklace is a whole otha thang!!!:D

A proppa GRILL b izwot u really needz 2 class her up like a fender-shield, yo.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    ******* b like.. tru dat! :)

12. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Guess I'm part of the immoral minority. It is every owner's right to decorate his or her own car any way he or she wants. However, shields were meant for the race cars. Likewise, Rossa Corsa is for race cars also. Just my opinion.

13. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Naaahhhh.. shields makes the car look complete. Without them, the cars look bare, lonely and minimalistic IKEA styled :) heck I would love a prancing horse on my hood. Like that of the screaming 'chickens' on the transAMs in the 1970s bandit movies.. black gold, yeah.. I can see it now. :).

Seriously. The shields are a must, and 99.99% of members in my Ferrari club chapter has them.. anything else makes you look cheap!

I'm 360 Canuck, stavura and Viperjoe like this.
  14. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I thought the shield vs. no shield question might be poll worthy until I did a quick google image search. When I got to 50 to 1 in favor of shields, it simply confirmed what I already believed. Shields are a beautiful aesthetic component that adorns the car, and to the cognescenti speaks to the car’s history and lineage. Absolutely a must have item.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

stavura, bberg009 and daytona355 like this.
  15. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Is that sarcasm? We don't get much of that around here. ;)

bberg009 likes this.
  16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    bberg009 and vrsurgeon like this.
  17. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I'm all in favor of owners decorating and using their cars as they see fit as long as they don't infringe on others rights; however, please don't tell me the cognoscenti know that shields on street cars speaks to the history of the brand. Shields today speak to the factory's ability to play on nostalgia and add $1,500+ to the option list. Historically, shields were reserved for cars intended for actual competition use, or cars that had been breathed on by the scuderia division.

18. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

LOL

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Totally legit. Totally. Body kit yo’

Without shields: “I like the body kit on your Porsche”

With shields: “ Is that a Corvette?”

:)

20. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Curt. No joke, it was a lady in her late 60’s or early 70’s with blued hair driving the e class!

Lol!

21. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    You know her husband is like a Hedge Fund bagillionaire with a F40 and a few other FCars in the garage right? ;)

22. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Haha it can be the only way! I knew it immediately lol. Damn, that means they have the last laugh :(

23. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Referring to the OP?

What a bunch of sticks in the mud. Why do any of you care what someone else puts on their car and what balls for thinking you have the right to tell them what to do I have a Ferrari license plate frame on the front of my Porsche, you gonna tell me to take that off too?

Silly thread. :)

Viperjoe likes this.
  24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    #24 italiafan, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017

No..he is referring to the Maserati owner.
    Asking "why someone cares...?" is actually the "silly" thing...we ALL care about some form of human expression or another. We ALL comment on what choices other people make every single day of our lives, from their behavior, dress, comments (ie: why do YOU care what we comment on?), cars, homes, schools, hair, jewelry, makeup, etc. It is called being "human."
    I don't "care" that someone sticks a Ferrari symbol sticker on a car, I have one for my car club on my pickup truck (just like people have Harley stickers on their trucks).
    This is a Ferrari forum...we chat about Ferrari-related occurrence in our lives.
    I do not raise an eyebrow to the lady with the Ferrari shield on the BACK of her Mercedes...I would immediately assume she and her husband are enthusiasts...great!
    But...when a guy sticks Ferrari Shield stickers on the sides of his Maserati, where they might be located on a Ferrari, then my eyebrow goes up...as in..."whoa, what is this guy thinking? Trying to impress people that he has a Ferrari or something?" (Ferrari shields are a very powerful marketing symbol recognized the world over.)
    Just a FerrariChat forum here...don't like a thread then feel free to move on.

(also..please note the :) immediately following the comment about asking him to remove his shields...lighten up)

I'm 360 Canuck, Viperjoe and bberg009 like this.
  25. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I had a past Ferrari owner give me a little crap about NOT having shields on mine. Told him I thought they were earned not given and he said "it's a Ferrari son, get badges."

bberg009 likes this.