SCUD pricing guide | Page 81 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Hey there! Interesting.....may hold off on S for a moment. But really want one!

Sent from my 16M

2. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    It's hard to believe my 16M will be 10yo soon... the car still looks fantastic and drives like a dream. It's also hard to understand why the Speciale A appreciated so much while the 16M's appreciation was less dramatic. While my car is worth more now than when it sold new, it's not double like the "A".

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LARRYH likes this.
  3. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Considering I have 2 of them I don’t really need to wish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Well considering the window sticker on my scud was over $300k and today it’s worth maybe $250k (has 250 miles) it doesn’t seem like a great investment. My 2nd scud I bought at $180k, the car now has about 12k miles on it and I can probably sell it for maybe what I paid.

Not sure where I see the investment. Maybe in 25 years my 250 mile scud will be worth a lot more. But for now I’m still at a loss.

5. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Nice rig,she is a keeper.

Once the 488 'Aperta' hits the market the 458 Speciale Aperta might return to more sensible levels.

6. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Not sure the point of the article is that if you buy any Ferrari you are going to make money. More that classic cars have done relatively well over the last 10 years. The scud is near 10 years old (I can't believe it!) but it really was not a "classic car" when it was brand new. Even today it is probably a "future classic" vs actually being a "classic car". Not sure what the technical definition is for a classic car.

In addition, while stocks, as a group, have done well over the last 10 years--I am sure it is not too hard to find some serious losers in the group.In fact I think I may have some of those in my portfolio...

On the bright side, you are did very well vs buying a Porsche Turbo S for example. If you would have bought one of those you would be a lot further behind. Especially, with the second scud, yo ugot lots of driving pleasure for flat + carry costs...not so bad really..

7. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    No it’s not bad at all. I just don’t see it as a “good investment”. To me, investment means I put my money in and get a positive return in the future. That’s my definition of a good investment. So far I’ve put in almost $500k and I can’t get that out. But yes I’ve had a great time driving one scud and my other one is Near brand new. I’m sure in 25 years I will likely be positive in both. But had I put that $500k elsewhere over the last 10 years, I’d be sitting with almost double my money.

With that said, scuds have gone down in price the last few months. My 458 Speciale is still holding strong about $60k more than the msrp I paid. But none matter as I’m not in the business of selling my cars.

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No 360 CS?

Amazing photo thanks for sharing!

How about the comparison between the two beauties?

9. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Well hmm.. I suppose if you would have put that 500K in a basket of classic cars 10 years ago you would have also done well too right? 192% according to the article. You probably would have enjoyed driving those classics too I would imagine. Not recommending classic cars over shares---but classic cars vs "cash" did not do too badly...

10. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Great looking cars BTW...

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

That Scud is seriously sexy...dare I say nicer looking than the Speciale even! (Hard for me to say since I have a Speciale too. :))

12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  13. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    That’s the CS. One day I’ll not be so lazy and take a pic with all 3 next to each other.

f355spider, mrmanny599 and Afonsolaw like this.
  14. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    f355spider, crinoid, LARRYH and 4 others like this.
  15. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ohhhhh this is historic..360 CS ,430 Scuderia,458 Speciale,F12....are you Lance Stroll's dad or what ?;)

Dare i ask ? 488 vs on the horizon ?:)

Afonsolaw likes this.
  16. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    I will definitely add a 488 speciale/scuderia/ whatever they are gonna call it to the collection. I had a regular 488 which I sold a little bit ago.

17. Toby Tyke

Toby Tyke Karting

Nov 15, 2017
    SoCal & Singapore
    Full Name:
    Toby Tyke
    View attachment 2475308 [/QUOTE]

18. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    indeed SCUD looks better than Speciale and we can all forget the lovely but gutless CS

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

Epic , you can share the miles between your cars, must be hard to pick one for a drive in the Canyons? :)

20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Gutless CS? Scud is 0.5 secs faster 0-62 and 12 mph more top speed,still pretty handy i think.The Speciale gets another similar gap over the Scud.

The 488 will smoke all of them,then here comes the 488 vs.

21. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    What did you think of the 488 compared to the speciale?

22. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    The 488 is a wonderful car. Fast, smooth, beautiful looking, drives very well, and sounds fairly good for being a turbo. But it lacks some of the emotion of the other cars. It’s not a keeper for my collection. When I drive a mid engine Ferrari, well I want a mid engine Ferrari. I want the sound, I want to hear the cracks and crackles of the chassis and springs, I want the engine to sound like it’s blowing up, I want the shifting to feel like I got kicked in the back. The 488 gives none of those and thus it’s not the car for me. I daily drive an FF and that’s the best car I’ve ever had hands down. But when I get in the mid engine cars I want the explosion. I don’t want a toned down great daily driver. McLaren 720 is a great example. Wonderful car but no emotion. Not for me

Afonsolaw likes this.
  23. RossoNero

RossoNero Karting

Sep 7, 2012
    JHB, South Africa
    Full Name:
    Henry
    It will be soon. Hold on to that gorgeous thing!

fc2 likes this.
  24. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    250 miles!!!???
    You are Crazy
    <grin>

25. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Don't take it personally, Scuderia09 seems to think he is the only person in the world that owns a 430 Scuderia....he constantly berates everyone on this thread as "dreamers" or "wishers".... lol. He forgets there are thousands of us.