Last drive of the year in the M | FerrariChat

Last drive of the year in the M

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Themaven, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    An unexpectedly sunny weekend in London; on Saturday my family duties were limited to one child, and involved picking up in Westminster and driving out of town for the afternoon, with the prospect of some fast, wide roads. So the F512M was uncovered for a surprise outing.

What an amazing noise she makes on full-bore acceleration; and what fun to push on the power around an apex and just feel a hint that a bit more, and you will probably not just slide, but rotate..only had the space to do that a couple of times, but very memorable. So much feeling everywhere.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Good job, we got our blast of winter about 2 weeks ago already unfortunately. The roads are now salted.

Great overview of the sky in that second picture !

Glad you got to enjoy it before the holidays

3. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Thank you!

Yes, feel so fortunate to have been able to take full advantage of that last (probably) good driving weekend day of 2017. London in late November normally doesn't offer that, more like grey skies and damp roads. That sunset picture was taken around 4pm.

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Normally we're all stored away by now and we see the first salted roads. So far weather has been decent.

On the positive, its great fun to unwrap the cars after winter and go for that first drive, never gets old, its like a childhood birthday all over again.

Themaven likes this.
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Fantastic Darius ... I hope to drive once more in one or two weeks too :)

Themaven likes this.
  6. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    So here you are too, Darius! saw the thread lead and had to head over. Heavy snowfall started here after midnight, 5-6" on the ground and still snowing heavily. 575M and Cadillac STS-V safely stored ten days ago. Last week, smiling and excited beautiful wife Judith had her first drive in a Ferrari, the 412A and Friday a forty mile canter on the Interstate to make certain all valves are clean, now covered in my garage. The Maserati Spyder that failed to sell in the auction presented by the Saratoga Automobile Museum in September is in Judith's garage. just last evening I discovered a newly opened garage storage facility that apparently still has some space. Hope still available when storm ceases.

7. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Seth, yes I felt I just had to mark the annual goodbye to the cars with some pictures here. The 430 Spider got neglected, no time for the last drive in her. I hope your snow isn't too brutal. Snow and ice here, and the roads are now salted, so cars tucked up warm til everything's washed away, March/April. At least the weather allowed those two glorious drives - usually not like that here on my appointed weekends, so grateful.