I bid you adieu - joined the dark side | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I bid you adieu - joined the dark side

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by AlgaeHater, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You are 100 % correct. I fit perfect in the coupe however here in Florida for me it the top must come down. I must say I was disappointed with the tightness of the convertable. Bummer for me . Best , Kirk.

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The same is also true for the previous Gallardo models...they're disappointingly small inside, surprisingly. Murcielago is huge inside.

Do love the Huracan Performante. Such a cool looking car.

3. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    Please let us know the comparison to your previous cars, now that you have an informed opinion..

I tried the hurricane (base), at Amelie Island this year, and liked it a lot, but it was a bit sluggish in low RPMs, but I am sure the performante version is a good bit different.. also love the aggressive styling!!! Congrats!!!

Afonsolaw likes this.
  4. AlgaeHater

AlgaeHater Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    #29 AlgaeHater, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    It’s pretty cold in the PNW, so between the weather+PZERO Corsas and the break-in period for the car, I haven’t had the opportunity to open her up yet. However, initial observations match the countless accolades by auto journalists. After owning my 458 Spider for a year or so, I found myself driving and thinking about it less and less. It’s a great car, but I was ready for something new. I’ve looked at many 488s and while it’s a step up in some (not all) regards to the 458, nothing about it really compelled me to pull the trigger. To me, these cars need to appeal to the heart more than anything else and this ridiculous green monster sets it pumping every time I look and drive it. IMHO, this is simply the most exciting exotic that you can buy on the market currently for under $1M. I was cross-shopping the Performante with the 720S, but the styling and sound of the former gave it the edge. Also, the dealer network for McLaren is really lacking in my area.

If you’ve driven a “regular” Huracan, I would say the difference between that and a Performante is comparable to a 430 to a 430 Scuderia (and to a lesser extent, a 458 Italia to a 458 Speciale). This car simply has no negatives - the exterior styling, interior styling/tech, sound, build quality, handling (esp with Magneto suspension), and gearbox are all on point. The car is extremely raw (like my old Scud), yet flip it to Strada mode and it transforms into a relatively comfortable cruiser.

Recent photoshoot with a buddy yesterday:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This MUST be the car of the year IMHO :)
    congratz on a breath taking car

6. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Comparison of 610-4/580-2 Huracan with the Performante.

Attached Files:

7. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    AlgaeHater, fantastic pictures!!

jumpinjohn likes this.
  8. AlgaeHater

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Thank you! Pictures were taken by Atomic80 who's also a member on this forum.

9. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    wow, that's crazy, but I'm a sucker for green!

Jason is a very accomplished photog.

10. AlgaeHater

Sep 22, 2004
    Bellevue, WA
    Yeah, he takes amazing shots!