My white FF | Page 33 | FerrariChat

My white FF

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Fritz d'Orey, Sep 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Image Unavailable, Please Login 2. I know the market does not hold value for the 2009 Grandtourisimo but I love it - it is basically a Ferrari - the engine built by Ferrari, the F1 transmission by Ferrari (599) and a special handling package by Ferrari - I also had it come from the factory with black factory painted window trim (did not like the chrome) and Maserati carbon fiber mirrors and door handles. Then last year I had brand new CC
    Brakes from an FF and 6 piston calipers from an FF with a brake assist out of a 599 HGTE - you know well how they stop - now my wife can track it without wearing them out - Ferrari of Atlanta did the work which took a little fabrication
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Exotic Lambo likes this.
  2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    3. And finally my track car I bought new in 2008 - I've had 5 Ferraris in the last 12 years but this was my most exciting one of all - at that time tracking was my thing and I had been to good schools but knew the Andretti's and Aldo's son Adam was working for Ferrari and we became friends - his beautiful girlfriend (now wife) is a very outdoors person and she wanted to be a world class salt water fly fisher woman. I had spent 47 years fly fishing in the Florida Keys and all over - so that was the deal - he taught me
    and I taught her. They would come to the Keys and stay in our guest house. and I would take her out while he worked out at a local gym.
    Then he and I spent countless hours at Homestead Race way, Sebring, and days at Palm Beach (PBIR). It is the first time I got to truly understand the a car - of course nothing like you or other professionals but very good for an amature. I still track occasionally and still love it. I did a few minor alterations to make it safer - full belts. a 2 pt roll bar in the back (was very handy for the belts to be at the proper level and a fire extinguisher set off by a button where the cigarette lighter button was - all cars r in perfect condition an Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login d it is a real joy in life to have them at my house in the mountains Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    so sorry for the duplicate pictures - what an amateur

4. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Nothing to be sorry about.
    Beautiful cars...
    Thank you

5. Georgemaser

Georgemaser Karting

Aug 7, 2014
    Michigan
    Mr Fritz what are your thoughts on the GTC4 Lusso? Will you be upgrading?

6. Fritz d'Orey

Fritz d'Orey Formula Junior
    Honorary Owner

Aug 22, 2012
    Cascais * Portugal
    Full Name:
    Frederico d'Orey
    Don’t think so. My FF is 2015 with all extras I wished and is the last PininFarina when “less is more”... Love my FF!

Patricia2020, Maggio23, R J and 4 others like this.
  7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Fritz - but one of the three is a Maserati...;)

8. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    #808 R J, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    Only just found this thread. Wish I found it at the weekend. It is a Monday and I am now going to be late for work. Love reading about the history of your ownership, race career, genuine passion for Ferrari, and seeing the romantic photos of you enjoying touring in your FF.

The more I see the FF the more it appeals. I have always found that every Ferrari design is very much of the moment, but somehow they always become timeless over time. Very few (if any) other car manufacturers have the same history and relationship with modernity and legacy. No past Ferrari looks old (unlike most other cars) as it ages. A modern Ferrari may, to a greater or lesser extent, emulate some of the Ferrari legacy design of the classic cars, but none is a just a rehash or stale retro design. They remain of the moment. Every Ferrari, in my view, is just an expression of the design language of its time but obtains a timeless quality over time. I think the FF and 612 are moving into that timeless category already. The elegance and simplicity (and, of course, the functionality) of the FF design is really growing on me. Can’t stop looking at this car (and the 456 - what a beautiful, confident car that was/is).

I remain confident that the in-house design team will continue this legacy even though they no longer use Pinninfarina. I find the 812 Superfast, for example, a striking, passionately modern, design with wonderful, subtle, influences from historic Ferrari.

Patricia2020, timjen88 and Makuono like this.
  9. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    We often lament the impact modern tech has had on our lives, but we shouldn't ignore the incredible capability for connections that were simply not possible before. I got a little alert on this thread, one that I commented on in 2012! And so I too picked it back up and should be hard at work but there is just no way...
    I did have to fast forward to the end to be sure Mr. d'Orey was still racing through life better than most of us (I am a pathologist, so keenly aware of the lack of guarantees in life) and now I must go back 5 years or so to read it page by page. What an inspiration!
    Having just made a decision to purchase another 355 - a decision that is a bit difficult to defend at times - I am now quite sure I have made the right choice. Fritz, I will try my best to live by your example. Cheers to all!

sandstrs and R J like this.
  10. F430Modena

F430Modena F1 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Portugal
    The great man , died today :(

RIP Fritz , race in peace

Maggio23, Boomhauer and Booker like this.
  11. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    Sad news indeed. RIP Fritz, your stories were alway a treat, condolences to your family and friends.

12. seawise

seawise Karting

Feb 29, 2016
    Sussex, UK
    sad news indeed, lets hope your next life will be as full as your last.

sandstrs and otakki like this.
  13. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    Rest In Peace, Fritz.
    I will never forget our conversations and all the racing stories, including the ones you told me about Enzo Ferrari himself.
    Memories to cherish. It was a pleasure and a privilege to have met you.

Altoria F and timjen88 like this.
  14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Very sorry to hear :(

Only knew him from his posts here, but loved reading him, always passionate about his Ferraris, his family, Cascais...

15. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    oh no, sad to hear...didnt know him but read all of his posts!

16. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sad to hear as well but sounds like a life well lived. RIP :-(

17. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Sad for me also - just saw this

18. sandstrs

sandstrs Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    So sad ... enjoyed reading his posts and learning through his experiences. RIP.

19. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    As I read this unexpected news, including a post I made over a year ago about this man and what he has done and how he has been able to bring so much of it to so many, I think we should once again listen to the story he is telling us: live. And live like tomorrow is not promised.

otakki and tomc like this.
  20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'm not sad, I'm happy for him, He enjoyed his Ferrari cars in that marvelous place that is Cascais until 82 years old, He lived that glorious 50's era when the only thing behind the steering wheel was a man , his guts and his genius, no computers no nothing

RACE IN PEACE (Awesome sentence I've read in this thread) FRITZ

21. Cavallino Baracca

May 11, 2020
    I too just recently came upon this thread and was able to read up on this legend. What a wonderful storied life he lived. Drove beautiful works of art till the very end, resided in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and he lived during an era where enjoying life and all it has to offer to the fullest extent was the rule of the times. I feel nothing can replace that or bring that back again. And he experienced it all!
    I like to borrow the phrase: “Race In Peace Fritz!”

otakki and dcmetro like this.
  22. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    He lived life fully. God bless.

The video of Fritz with his wife and two other women, screaming down the Autobahn in his FF ... the best video ever on Fchat.

23. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    It was a luck and privilege for us to meet him here, the magical of Fchat.
    He had a life most of us would had loved to live, met and worked with Enzo...
    Yes RiP Fritz, we won't forget you!

24. F40org

F40org Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    Munich / Ft. Myers(FL)
    Full Name:
    Rolando
    All the Best fpr your last race-