Official book collectors thread | Page 91 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    The book even offers "a complete appendix of Ferrari's victories since 1947" (pdf, page 4).

Even if this were true at the time of printing, the list becomes outdated very fast. And which Ferrari victories are included, official works team victories only or also those of customers (and in which race series)?

Again one of those books ment only for those "who already have everything" (except a well stocked library, since hardly anything isn't published elsewhere already).

tifoso2728 likes this.
  2. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you, normally i'm not very patient :) ;)
    But i think this one is worth the wait. Imho one of the most important books published lately. Have just passed on one of the Opus books. Even at €1000,- it was not worth it. Now it's owner has used it as a 'deal closer' selling his car. I'm very curious to the new Taschen book and in particular it's content. I'm always looking for rare and exclusive (Ferrari) books but not at all cost. It has to be worthwhile to add to my humble library.

Mark Blaizes likes this.
  3. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    To be honest, for me it is the Newson case in front of the book.
    Yes expensive, outrageous expensive but i love the look...

Yes, at least there is s book and it is stupid to pay the big dollars
    for it, because for that money you will get 10-20 fantastic Ferrari books.

But colleting sometimes bring me to "Sometimes i want to do stupid things!" :D

Mark Blaizes likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  5. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    I´m looking forward to it. ;)

6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Is this also the 2017 yearbook? Thanks

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Gee Marcel you get your copy very quick. Every time I see you post those it take about a month or so for my issue to arrive at my doorstep (admittedly I'm all the way over here in Australia).

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yes, and rather disappointing.

Marcel Massini

tifoso2728 likes this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This was published a couple weeks ago, rather heavy and large format, cost approx. Swiss Francs 130 (US$ 130).
    NOT worth it. All the Michel Zumbrunn studio photos of the various Ferraris I brought a couple years ago from my American collector friends via Switzerland to Villa d'Este and before or after VDE I allowed Zumbrunn to photograph them in his studio here near Zurich. Now the authors of this new coffee-table book describe Arnold Meier's 312 P Berlinetta Chassis #0872 as a 412 P............
    And then, in the followging chapter about the 330 P4 guess which car is pictured on several pages in full color? The total replica of Swiss "collector" Mr. T.
    Tragic, really tragic.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tifoso2728 and -CD- like this.
  10. modena1967

modena1967 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2012
    France
    Full Name:
    Philippe Guennou
    Useful info. Thanks.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  11. Blanco-TdF

Blanco-TdF Rookie

Feb 24, 2008
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Forza / William Edgar / Inside Track

The latest issue of Forza (No. 163, February 2018) arrived yesterday. On page 18 there is a glowing review of Inside Track written by William Edgar. At the end of the next-to-last paragraph he says "After perusing this immense, life-filled offering, my artist wife asserts, correctly I think, "It's more than a book, it's an experience.""
    I fully agree.

Edgar also wrote another short piece on The Kansas City Flash, Masten Gregory and his 750 Monza. It is on the last page.

Jeff

12. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
  13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    2018 is fifty years since the Daytona came out.
    Here's a new book by John Leaman, former UK owner of one of these fabulous cars.
    ISBN: 978-0-9935092-3-0.
    Book has total of 252 pages, lots of color photos and also chassis numbers (mostly UK cars).
    I think the price was approx. GBP£ 70 (don't remember exactly, sorry).

Marcel Massini

Attached Files:

Dino2400 and tifoso2728 like this.
  14. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    As from today the long wait is (partly) over! The postmen just arrived with a large and heavy parcel. 'Inside Track' , the connoisseur's edition is here! First impression it is massive, beautifully produced and has incredible content. This will keep me occupied for some time i guess. At least until the biography arrives in January :) A huge 'thank you' to all involved in this project. It's fabulous!
    Some pictures:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

oneshot8541 and -CD- like this.
  15. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    Thank you, it was definitely worth the wait. The autobiography as part of the 'Connoisseur's Edition should arrive in January in an separate clamshell case.
    Enjoy your copy!

-CD- likes this.
  17. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
  18. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    One of THE classic Ferrari books and 'imho' one of the basics of every Ferrari library. Where did you find it? From Marcus?

-CD- likes this.
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I just picked this up at Continental Autosports today. Grazie Jeremy Sus . . .

20. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes! :)

21. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    :D I've been thinking of buying it. French language was holding me back from it.

22. Doug Nye

Doug Nye Formula Junior
    Honorary

Jan 21, 2008
    UK
    Just a line to thank all of you who have posted such generous comments about our GP Library-published 'Inside Track' Phil Hill books. This has really been incredibly gratifying, and very nice of you all.

I have just spent some rare idle moments trawling back through this thread, to discover for the first time - because I am not a frequent FC visitor - several past dire predictions about the relationship between our team's Derek Hill, Steve Dawson, Paul Vestey and myself, and our GP Library's apparent lack of any publishing record. The truth is that relations have always been perfectly cordial...and The GP Library ticks over very comfortably thank you.

The only real delay over the past 14 years on 'Inside Track' was really caused by me and me alone.

I wasn't only intent upon making the impatient wait for a treat (that's meant as a joke, by the way), candidly I just never felt that our work was quite good enough.

My promise to Phil at the outset was that we would produce for him the finest World Champion Driver's book that there has ever been - or that there is ever likely to be - and we have just tried our darnedest to fulfil that promise.

Thanks again for your reactions, guys - and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Happy Christmas - and a Fine, Fulfilling, Healthy and Safe New Year.

DCN

23. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Seen a few days ago at a bookseller here. Nothing new, still studio photos with the same style for many years ... and with the mistakes you've pointed out. Another book without much interest, like all those published just before Christmas.

24. christophe320d

christophe320d Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    Dino2400 and tifoso2728 like this.
  25. christophe320d

christophe320d Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    bernardo66 likes this.