The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 169 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    i wondered the same. My dealer in the UK tells me that his first customer deliveries will be in April 2018, and then cheerfully dropped the fact that I won't get one till Q1 2019 at the earliest. Fair enough, as I don't have much of a buying history, so counting myself lucky to be getting one at all.

The production ramp up and quality testing means first you get the driving course cars & RHD demo cars where they produce a handful. Then some smaller markets like Australia/NZ get their RHD cars. Hopefully, the UK cars will be gremlin free by the time they get here....

of2worlds likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Demo slots are not really lost, they'll keep them 6 months and then sell them for list price - actually they can get buyers as soon as they receive them (buyers accepting the "used car with a few miles" status in exchange for a 6-month delay instead of 2-3 years, which is probably the expected real delay on an order now).

of2worlds likes this.
  3. dirtdeveloper

dirtdeveloper Rookie

Jul 31, 2013
    what blue color is that sir?

4. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I was pretty amazed that Auz and NZ got RHD customer cars before UK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I think the “real delay” is longer, dealers in UK are not accepting deposits from unknowns so can assume some buyer commitment. UK is sold out.

No idea why Aus and NZ get RHD cars 6 months earlier, no disrespect both fabulous countries, but I wonder what the strategy is.

6. Jasper333

Jasper333 Rookie

Jun 1, 2017
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Looking forward to it.
    Re: dealer demos - these will already be sold presumably. I know my local dealer has already sold there's. Said they would keep it around for 6 months or so and then let it go.

7. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    No sure but parts of Asia/Japan are RHD so maybe that's why.

8. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    That's my experience too- my dealer has got their demo car ready to reg for January...... RHD cars end up in Australia /NZ before U.K. , I'm assuming as the other RHD markets in the east are a potential lucrative source of additional merchandising opportunities ...... I'm guessing. The demo cars are useful to have pottering around events etc so dealers like them - also easy to offload whenever they want to - plenty of willing longterm Clients would be happy to buy a used demo car.
    No concrete evidence but hearing that uk cars realistically start arriving by the start of the august shutdown.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    of2worlds likes this.
  10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    That paint color looks like Blu Tour de France which has been popular for many years. The same color was used for the batch of dealer 812 demo cars in the UK.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Spot on timing wise and way behind UK GTC same launch date an on drives in 12 months not 16.

12. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    When you see all the F cars in the same photo the 812 front looks the most aggressive.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I'm still hung up on wanting the exhaust surrounds painted on the 812 does anyone else feel the same way

14. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I ordered the black (or optional carbon) outer under door sill to be painted Blu Pozzi to match the rest of the car, anxious to see if it was done. I did the exhaust surround in carbon.

F2003-GA and BaronM69 like this.
  15. F430abdo

F430abdo Karting

Mar 8, 2017
    SE Florida
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I personally like the F12 better it has more F car oriented lines and just all around is beautiful to me. This is just not what I had in mind for the replacement. Anyways I can appreciate the epic performance the 812 has to offer.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
  17. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    What’s so strange about folding mirrors in on a busy Paris street ?

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    What purpose does it serve? Mirrors barely reach the plane of the curb and they are meant to move in both directions so they don't get damaged anyway. Must be some pretty crowded sidewalks or tipsy sidewalk dwellers.

19. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Well, a Ferrari is a lot wider than a Smart city car or a Renault hatcback, and there are a lot of reckless drivers who hit side mirrors.

20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    You spend much time is Paris/France ? Cars like ours are not admired by all....nicking or scratching a wing mirror is very easily done especially by those very careful people on their scooter’s.....not to mention the number of unsavoury characters that could just mess with it.....

of2worlds likes this.
  22. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Aaaaaaaabsolutely. Driving a Ferrari inside Paris is a nonsense

of2worlds likes this.
  23. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015