Adelaide Motorsport Festival 2017 | FerrariChat

Adelaide Motorsport Festival 2017

Discussion in 'Australia' started by goober, Dec 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Maranello550 and Steve355F1 like this.
  2. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
  3. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    It kept things moving along for the weekend.......the headlight was a J Car genuine item.......would have seen more in the dark with a box of red heads

4. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    BG,

I think the AMF has the potential to be an Aussie Goodwood FoS, but not in it's current form.

As you're on the board, here are my constructive recommendations:

1. restrict entries - e.g. there is no way that home-made clubmans should be sharing the track with world class historic cars
    2. increase the entry fee if needed to recover the revenue of fewer cars - anyone who complains shouldn't be there anyway
    3. minimum 15 minutes per session, with a full warm-up lap rather than the current half lap, which isn't nearly enough to get heat into big tyres. Make sure there's a cool down lap for every session (this didn't happen at all for my sessions).
    4. tell the race control people that you don't have to stop a session because of a yellow flag on one corner!
    5. have a practice day on the Friday. If you can't close Wakefield Rd, then use the return road just before the chicane. People with complex cars need several runs to sort the gremlins out. All of my problems (battery, dry break fittings, fuel pressure) were a direct result of the long rough-roads tow from Sydney, I'm sure I wasn't alone.
    6. Have a drivers+crew marquee, serve cold soft drinks during the day, BBQ and beers after 5pm as an opportunity for social engagement. Goodwood do this really well and it makes entrants feel like they're valued. Add $100 to the entry fee to cover costs, make a donation to Rotary and they'll staff it for you.

Ian

goober, kena and Steve355F1 like this.
  5. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Ian,
    You raise some really good points, i agree on the entry fee totally and the whole clubman thing. It didnt help that after the first sprint in your category there was a moron who was behind my F5000 who blew .051 at 11.50am.........and gets banned for 24 hours, in a normal sense loss of licence should have occurred for 6 months

6. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    the great things about the event are (1) incredibly friendly people everywhere, (2) beautiful and historic location and (3) the circuit is actually interesting and technical.

Steve355F1 likes this.
  7. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Alan Jones?

8. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    A local

9. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    *shakes head*

Unbelievable.

10. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    What a moron.

Can he be charged with DUI?

11. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    No, under CAMS rules he gets a 24 hour cant compete......if he was on the street he would be looking at loss of licence. CAMS at least should stand tall and make the penalty fit the crime, a year off of racing plus a fine, 24 hours is s joke.

kena likes this.
  12. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Motor Racing should be like Aviation.......If you blow over .02 you should be banned indefinitely......Simple , Just like you would loose your job in aviation and become unemployable.......

Steve355F1 and goober like this.
  13. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    The scary thing is that there is an obvious drinking culture amongst many competitors, the beers, rum&cokes, etc come out at 5pm, then they go to dinner with a few wines and bingo, next day you're over the limit. The current testing regime is too random and too limited - in 8 years of historic racing, I've been breathalysed once.

Simple fix is a compulsory breathalyser for competitors as you enter the circuit, with your name signed off in a book.

14. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    it should be drug and alcohol testing, this idiot reckons he stopped drinking at 3am. In GT we get tested on a regular basis, in historcs....its once in a blue moon

Maranello550 and kena like this.
  15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

Just because he said "put this in your mouth and blow" doesn't mean you were breathalysed

16. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    you're disgusting Muriel !

17. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What would Wes do?

18. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
  19. Horse

Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What happens on GG...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

20. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Interesting... even on the TT tour, every participant was breathylazed every morning - and it had to be zero.

21. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I like a drink as much as any normal person, but seriously, what kind of a dickhead do you have to be to be drinking at 3am knowing that you’re driving a race car around a track at a public event that day?

I can’t believe the rules for the track aren’t at least the same as for the road.

And the testing should definitely include testing for drugs.

Maranello550 likes this.
  22. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    because tarmac rallies involve transport stages on open public roads. CAMS rules for circuits are also zero blood alcohol, but the testing is random - that's the bit that needs changing.

kerrari and Maranello550 like this.
  23. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    and stiffer penalties need to be imposed, case in point this idiot got done at 11.50am Saturday and then Sunday 11.50am he is allowed to drive....gets in his car for the last sprint in his category and causes a red flag and blames the stewards because he blocked the track as his gear selection malfunctioned (more like his brain malfunctioned)...........but still reckons cars could get through safely........and complains about the walk from car park to car, some people just like to have a whinge

Maranello550 likes this.
  24. IanB

IanB F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 15, 2006
    Sydney
    and whom was getting around in a golf cart all weekend, while the plebs walked? :)