Last movie you saw | Page 257 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Saw Baby Driver on the airplane.

The first 15 minutes are really quite good. Somehow it goes downward after that but still entertaining. Some things are pretty clever in the plot. Some things are pretty dumb.

Worth seeing.

2. SamuliS

SamuliS Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2008
    Finland, Helsinki
    Full Name:
    Samuli S
    Blade Runner 2049 and new King Arthur. Both worth watching. Blade Runner has great feel and Arthur has nice Guy Richie touch.

3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wonder Woman

The girl is cute but the story is like "huh?" Its like a remake of Captain America without the humor. Typical Marvel over done CGI everywhere.

I'm not sure if I even understood the "ending".

Chris Pine does his Captain Kurk impression. At times I thought the movie was more about him than Wonder Woman.

Disappointing.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    No Country for Old Men, Django Unchained, and Hateful Eight were awesome imo.

5. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    On the advise of my Italian teacher I watched Swept Away. circa 1974 w/Giancarlo Giannini and Mariangela Melato. Entertaining and refreshing. Quirky ending imo, but another reason to like it. Nice simple story , no over drama and fanfare. I think they made better movies back then compared to today.

6. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Glad you saw the original and not the Madonna remake! Cussing/swearing in Italian never sounded so enchanting. Light, summer fare. Try to see Seven Beauties, also with Giancarlo Giannini. I think it's Lina Wertmuller's best work. But it is as "dark" as Swept Away is light.

Alcav5 likes this.
  7. MasonPerry36

MasonPerry36 Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mason Perry
    I just re-watched Inception. Such a great movie. Being a completely original idea made it even better. Can't compare a movie like that with all of the super hero movies they keep churning out.

95spiderman likes this.
  8. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Darkest hour. Churchill biopic. OMG! maybe my g.o.a.t! Move aside lemans, godfathers, gladiator, titanic, avatar, etc. This movie grabbed me by neck for 2 straight hours and did not let go for second. I was ready to enlist (in something just not sure what). Actually wanted to stay in seat and watch it immediately over again. Tour d force acting, editing, directing, cinematography, score, everything I can think of. Breath taking masterpiece.

now who will be 1st to post they thought it sucked? Lol

9. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Train Spotting...yet again. I can't stop.

10. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its been a few years. The last was Star Wars The Force Awakens. In theaters that is. Next will be in a few weeks when the crowds die down. I plan on seeing Last Jedi in the theater........

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah I'm going to watch Last Jedi two weeks after it opens. I expect it to be pretty lame as I think most Star Wars movies are (the story line is pretty dumb to me). I'm only going for the a/v effects in IMAX 3D. Those SW movies are not worth watching on the small screen at home imo.

max930 likes this.
  12. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Sounds worth seeing. My g.o.a.t. is still the Hopkins/Gibson Bounty story. Some scenes:

13. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.

Some good stuff, probably 75% I really liked. The Luke/Rey/Kylo/Snoke interaction being the best part for sure.

But the other 25%.....
    Of that it was mostly just poor writing or not having the guts to kill off established characters that had no further story to tell (one of the "three" stories could have been deleted entirely and the movie would have been better for it). But there were a couple of things, two moments really one near the beginning and one at the end, that frankly ruined the movie. The earlier one I refer to is perhaps the low point for any Star Wars movie. I didn't say out loud what I was thinking (three letters W, T, F)

It is no coincidence that audience ratings on Rotten Tomatoes for this movie are as low as what is considered the worst of the prequels. Of the nine Star Wars movies, it sits solidly in the bottom half, more or less tied with Revenge of the Sith for me but better than Attack of the Clones and the Clone Wars animated movie.

I have loved Star Wars basically my entire life, Ep IV came out the summer before I started Kindergarten. But watching the decline of the franchise (Ep 7 was OK, Rogue One was meh, Ep 8 was not good), I worry about where they go from here. Apparently the Han Solo movie has had many difficulties, culminating with the two respected directors being fired and Ron Howard coming in to salvage something out of it.

I don't honestly know where they go for Episode IX, maybe 10 years in the future?

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I saw Spiderman Homecoming on the plane.

What a pile of crap. They screwed up the entire idea of Spiderman and made him Ironman. If I wanted to see an Ironman movie I would go to an Ironman movie. Its like they completely forgot the character and decided to just make "stuff" up. No love interest at all. He gives his secret identity away to a fat nerd for no reason, he can't figure out even how to climb the Washington monument without help.

And now he's got this James Bond like webs that do almost anything he wants on command.

LAME

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We went to see Justice League as nothing better. I don't like these action CGI movies. Amazing work, but too much going on too fast it is overload. Give me original Superman movies and it was 10x better with little CGI.

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The problem is they are all going to the Michael Bay school of directing. Lots of flashy CGI that you really can't see what's going on, lots of loud noise, cool music, and very little story. A 90 minute MTV video.

It's like a birthday cake with no cake but all icing. Tastes pretty good the first couple of bites and after that you can't stand it anymore.

You sit there in the theater and think you are watching a video game saying to yourself:

Fake.....fake...fake... that was fake too....fake..... fake... wow that was really fake.....fake

17. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm thinking after the original Star Wars, toys and other merchandise became the focus. I was a foolish lad and my degree is in film and television production. Back in school, my film history instructor was a huge western buff. So I joked: "Star Wars and how George Lucas ripped off John Ford and Wayne's The Searchers!" as a essay! That was before Lucas edited in some new toy generation scenes. Force Awakens, well I had some high hopes after that one. The last Jedi is basically how can we remake all the trilogy into one coherent sequential order and not have too make more stand alone prequels. Plus sell a ton of toys to kids and nerds.

18. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    I watched Star Wars. Themovie was a hot mess. I liken it to Highlander 2. I really liked rogue one. I thought that was very well done. This director should never be allowed to film another Star Wars movie but unfortunately it looks like Disney has given him the reins to another three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Rogue One wasn't that bad because *****SPOILERS***** the good guys actually died at the end. It gets exhausting watching a series like this with the good guys (main characters, not side ones) always skating away and making things predictable. I honestly didn't expect that to happen so it was refreshing in that regard. I didn't feel the same about ep 7 as Harrison was clear he wanted out outside of production.

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I went to the last Star Wars movie in Imax 3d. They could have taken out all of the dialogue and storyline and it would have been better. :)

21. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I’m in the love it camp. Great movie.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Blade Runner 2049

Didn't like it...same story line as before. On top of that, I don't like dystopian future stuff in general as to me it is just the equivalent of modern day Oakland (litter, graffiti, hookers, rain, neon lights, etc) and not my cup of tea. I can see why people like it though.

24. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    The new Jumanji this past Saturday...Jack Black is hilarious. Kevin Hart was funny, but not as much as Jack Black.

I saw Star Wars ep 8 the following day. Absolutely terrible plot (and incredibly repetitive just like ep 7 was a rip of ep 4).

25. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Get Out.

Horror/thriller written/directed by Jordan Peele of Key and Peel fame. I hate horror but this was really good.